PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question

CenTexSports
04-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I know that the moderators run the board with their own subjective opinions and that each one is different. In fact as a football official I know that calls have to be made because that is their job. I don't have any problem with that. But I do have a question on one thing that has been bugging me for quite a while.

How does asking for prayer requests not violate rule #4?

4). No political/religious topics.
Political topics involving American political parties and their current candidates for office (or those already elected and/or currently serving) and religious topics are forbidden. Both of these generally invoke problems and sometimes cause hard feelings.

I am a Baptist since being saved when I was 10 and I am not against people praying for others. But it seems that with all of the marginal threads that are closed, why is this one exception made?

jason
04-08-2008, 10:01 AM
because sometimes, some of the rules are enforced, sometimes.....

Sweetwater Red
04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Doesn't everyone pray in one form or another no matter what
their beliefs are?

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
For me, I don't see any harm in those threads. People are asking for prayers. There is no discussion involved. Just a simple request.

Bull19
04-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
For me, I don't see any harm in those threads. People are asking for prayers. There is no discussion involved. Just a simple request.

so i guess i can write a whole speech asking people to joing a secular cult talking down other religions? its just a simple request.

i have no problem with the prayer request. im just saying i understand where centexsports is coming from

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
so i guess i can write a whole speech asking people to joing a secular cult talking down other religions? its just a simple request.

i have no problem with the prayer request. im just saying i understand where centexsports is coming from

:doh: :doh:

If ya'll really don't understand the difference than I can't help you. It wouldn't bother me in the least to disallow prayer requests.

Bull19
04-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: :doh:

If ya'll really don't understand the difference than I can't help you. It wouldn't bother me in the least to disallow prayer requests.

i understand. i was just sayin...

Fotbol
04-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Depends on who starts the thread

pirate4state
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Depends on who starts the thread

It has nothing to do with who starts a thread. :doh:

LH Panther Mom
04-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Asking for a prayer (or thoughts or well-wishes) for an injured, ill or departed friend or loved one is not a discussion of religion or religious topics, in my opinion. And that is exactly how I (and I believe the rest of the "staff") interpret the rule.