PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Waco Friday night?

zztop
12-17-2001, 10:55 PM
Who's going to the state championship friday night?
rain, sleet, hail, or snow i am there.
i'm getting pumped-up!!! anybody else??? bueller???
let's go leps...keep the trophy in La Grange.
zz

[This message has been edited by zztop (edited December 17, 2001).]

eye of the tiger
12-17-2001, 11:13 PM
Ill be there. We are coming after that trophy zztop. La Grange is the state champs until somebody takes it away from you. And that is the current plan. 96 hours 15 minutes until kickoff as I write this. Gonna be a good game for sure.

maestro
12-18-2001, 08:25 AM
I'll be there for the finale rooting on the Tigers. What's up with LaGrange not exchanging film? Any truth to that?

zztop
12-18-2001, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by maestro:
I'll be there for the finale rooting on the Tigers. What's up with LaGrange not exchanging film? Any truth to that?

i havent heard anything about that...but of course any kind of information usually is delayed getting to me since i live in houston.
do you think it may have something to do with playing this game in waco outdoors where possible weather conditions could change gameplans (etc) and not accomodating a large LG crowd? something to think about?
but of course, i have no idea. there is someone i know that may know if there is any truth to what you said. i'll post what i find out.
go leps.
zz

maestro
12-18-2001, 09:09 AM
At the time of the games on Friday no site had been discussed, so I do not see that as an issue. It is my understanding that the coaches were again supposed to meet in Waco on Saturday to discuss site and time but no one from LaGrange showed. I am like you, I live away from the source so what I get may be distorted, however it makes for a good story line doesn't it?

bohemian
12-18-2001, 08:00 PM
zztop, I will be there pulling for the Leps! I haven't missed a game since this bunch of senior boys walked on the field for the first time way back in the seventh grade. At that time I knew we had something special in LaGrange. And it will be the last game I get to watch my favorite player, #88. It's gonna be great, but then it's gonna be sad too. Good luck LEPS!!!

[This message has been edited by Bohemian (edited December 18, 2001).]

toby070
12-18-2001, 08:56 PM
I wish I could be there!

10,000 seats! That ain't gonna be enough!

Bohemian, those propane cans aren't going to be nearly as loud outdoors! When you played my Wimberley boys, they had lots of concerns about being able to make offensive calls at the line over your rowdy fans (of course, the Texan fans raised some hell too!!!!!)

bohemian
12-18-2001, 09:28 PM
toby070, I heard that no noise makers will be allowed in. I personally don't shake them. If you think it's loud on the opposing side you should sit on our side! I have to say it was tough not to pull for a team called the TEXANS. I just love those Texas flags. Made me proud to be a Texan.

dawg fan
12-20-2001, 04:22 PM
DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT I WILL BE IN WACO FRIDAY NIGHT. EVEN THROUGH I WAS PUT IN THE HOSPITAL ON SUNDAY AFTER THE EVERMAN GAME, HAD A SURGICAL PROCEDURE TUESDAY AND DISCHARGED ON THURSDAY, I WILL BE THERE FRIDAY , WHY? BECAUSE IT IS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. GO TIGERS WIN THE TITLE JUST LIKE EVERMAN DID, WE ARE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY.

EVERMAN BULLDOGS 2001 DIV.1 STATE CHAMPS

zztop
12-20-2001, 04:42 PM
high school football playoff games are some of the best football you'll ever see, and the state championship is just icing on the cake. even if you're not a fan of either school, it is unlike anything else. the feeling you get as you walk into the stadium, the chills down your spine when your team scores a touchdown, and the feeling of pride you get as you watch your home-town heroes play w/ integrity, pride, and good sportsmanship.
it's game 7 of a championship series, it's the superbowl, it's the last hurrah, it's the moment of truth, and it's definately going to be fun.
leps...you made us proud to be from LG. win or lose tomorrow night, nothing will change that. let's keep the trophy in LG - it Belongs To Us.
zz

eye of the tiger
12-20-2001, 07:21 PM
Could almost feel your excitement zz. I feel the same way. I cant wait. 25 hours and 5 minutes to kick off as I write this.

GO TIGERS

toby070
12-20-2001, 07:40 PM
I've watched a lot of playoff games, but the only state championship game I've ever seen was Cuero vs. McGregor in Robert Strait's junior year. It was awesome, at Memorial Stadium in Austin, huge crowd for a HS game. I saw Cuero a few times that year, and IMHO that had to be one of the best 3A teams ever, but McGregor played them TOUGH...great game (and Rodney Pedraza has to be the best high school linebacker I've ever seen).

evebulldog01
12-21-2001, 10:27 AM
several everman fans will be there.

maestro
12-21-2001, 11:12 AM
Please, somebody leave me a spot at the fifty!!!!!!!!

zztop
12-21-2001, 11:16 AM
zz is leaving work in one hour heading to waco. yes i know it's a little early, but i need to stop somewhere and do some light christmas shopping. are there any places to shop in waco?
just got off the phone w/ people in LG and everyone is leaving b/f 4:00. the entire town is completely shutting down. if you've ever wanted to rob an entire town, LG may be a good target tonight!!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif
everyone have a safe trip to the game!!!
TWICE IS NICE!!!! Go Leps!!!
zz

maestro
12-21-2001, 11:27 AM
How far to Waco from LaGrange? I got to try and beat you guys.

zztop
12-21-2001, 11:33 AM
Waco is around 120 miles from La Grange.(215 miles for me). The Astrodome is around 100 miles away, so obviously Waco is not that much further.
I just wished it were in a larger venue. There's a huge concern for the LG people that there won't be enough seating on the visitor's side. We're getting there early so we can steal as many Commerce seating as possible.
Get there early.
Go Leps.
zz

[This message has been edited by zztop (edited December 21, 2001).]

maestro
12-21-2001, 11:43 AM
Most of the people I've heard from in Commerce are leaving early too. I am not from Commerce but my mom lives there and brother plays. I told them you guys were going to try and get their home seats and to get there early LOL. I hope there is not a Who concert general admission fiasco, Haaa.

bohemian
12-21-2001, 11:47 AM
zztop, I'm leaving Round Rock around 3:00. I heard people in LG are worried that there will not be enough seating. The phone at the LGISD office is ringing off the wall with people wanting to know if enough tickets will be available. I wished this game could be played in a larger stadium. Although I think the atmosphere will be better in Waco.

maestro
12-21-2001, 11:49 AM
as far as a bigger stadium, personally I did not like Texas Stadium last year. Way to big to create any kind of playoff atmosphere. Too far from the field. Pennington was nice but too far for me. What would your thoughts be if game was at say Sam Houston in Huntsville?

bohemian
12-21-2001, 11:57 AM
Never been to Sam Houston's stadium. Is it nice?

zztop
12-21-2001, 12:13 PM
Texas Stadium was quite large last year - the announced 12,000 in attendance looked like a minnow in a shark's belly.
it was a 'neat' experience, but i agree...it was too big.
i know LG played in Sam Houston when Tye was a freshman vs Corrigan Camden and it was small, but large enough for a state championship game.
anyways, leaving work now. everyone have a safe trip. good luck to all.
zz

toby070
12-21-2001, 01:32 PM
Big is okay in a dome, at least it was in the Alamodome, where the sound made it sound like a packed house.

I hadn't thought about it before now, maybe it isn't very nuetral for Commerce, but Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos would be about right as far as size. Callallen and LaMarque played a nuetral game in there once, and that place was rocking! Also, San Marcos vs. Hays always filled the place (too bad SWT doesn't draw those types of crowds!!!).