04-07-2008, 10:56 PM
and head to Oklahoma State. It's all about the benjamins...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Astrosdawg07
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
He'd be crazy to leave Kansas...

Necks_Fan
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and head to Oklahoma State. It's all about the benjamins...:mad: :mad: :mad: Reported 6 mil dollar signing bonus offered from OK State.

Adidas410s
04-07-2008, 10:58 PM
$6 mil up front...

10 years/$40 mil

rumors of 8 figures being guaranteed

welcome to the world of T Boone and O$U...if you can't beat 'em, buy 'em

kepdawg
04-07-2008, 10:59 PM
No, I want Gillispie to go to Okie State!

Bull19
04-07-2008, 11:00 PM

ditto he's gone.

Necks_Fan
04-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ditto he's gone. So is Chalmers, Rush, and co.

Will be like Florida next year. New coach, new system, new players, = new team and no Championship.

Adidas410s
04-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
So is Chalmers, Rush, and co.

Will be like Florida next year. New coach, new system, new players, = new team and no Championship.
Umm....Florida has the same coach and same system...and their players graduated. Thanks for playing though :)

Necks_Fan
04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Umm....Florida has the same coach and same system...and their players graduated. Thanks for playing though :) I meant that they would not be good, probably in the NIT like Florida. Thanks for playing.

Necks_Fan
04-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Umm....Florida has the same coach and same system...and their players graduated. Thanks for playing though :) And who graduated?

Not Noah, Horford, or their Pg. (Can't remember his name.) They chose to go to the NBA and forgo another season.

coach
04-07-2008, 11:09 PM
I meant that they would not be good, probably in the NIT like Florida. Thanks for playing.

sheesh!

Adidas410s
04-07-2008, 11:10 PM
I meant that they would not be good, probably in the NIT like Florida. Thanks for playing.
You're getting owned from 17 different angles tonight...

Also...Kansas hasn't missed the NCAA Tournament since 1989.

Go to bed...

Necks_Fan
04-07-2008, 11:15 PM
You're getting owned from 17 different angles tonight...

Also...Kansas hasn't missed the NCAA Tournament since 1989.

Go to bed... 17 angles huh? I'm pretty sure you got owned with that they graduated mess.

And this 1989 stat means what?

New coach, new team..... what more need I say?

eagles_victory
04-07-2008, 11:17 PM
17 angles huh? I'm pretty sure you got owned with that they graduated mess.

And this 1989 stat means what?

New coach, new team..... what more need I say? You thought Florida had a new coach

Necks_Fan
04-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You thought Florida had a new coach No, I know that Donovan stayed at Florida, I was referring to the season as a whole and how they would probably end up like Florida after their championship. I was saying that KU will most likely have a new coach and new players and a new system due to the new coach.

Adidas410s
04-07-2008, 11:24 PM
No, I know that Donovan stayed at Florida, I was referring to the season as a whole and how they would probably end up like Florida after their championship. I was saying that KU will most likely have a new coach and new players and a new system due to the new coach.
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/caglecartoons02/pink_flip_flop.jpg

Necks_Fan
04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/caglecartoons02/pink_flip_flop.jpg Ok, please explain how, in any way, given proof, I "flip-flopped."

Fal44
04-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Necks_Fan...

I'm not trying to jump on you or anything, but kansas and flordia are two diffrent programs. If Self decides to leave, kansas will be fine. Maybe not another championship, but they will not see the nit either. Kansas has a proud and strong tradition, which can simply lure top prospects into their program. I think they had maybe 7 Mc-donalds all americans on the current team, not sure which ones, but that is simply amazing, and I'm sure they will continue to recruit with the likes of North Carolina, UCLA, Duke.. etc.. Kansas would hate to lose, Self, but they will continue to strive in basketball with or without him.

mwynn05
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM
and head to Oklahoma State. It's all about the benjamins...:mad: :mad: :mad: you act like you wouldnt do the same thing

eagles_victory
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Necks_Fan...

I'm not trying to jump on you or anything, but kansas and flordia are two diffrent programs. If Self decides to leave, kansas will be fine. Maybe not another championship, but they will not see the nit either. Kansas has a proud and strong tradition, which can simply lure top prospects into their program. I think they had maybe 7 Mc-donalds all americans on the current team, not sure which ones, but that is simply amazing, and I'm sure they will continue to recruit with the likes of North Carolina, UCLA, Duke.. etc.. Kansas would hate to lose, Self, but they will continue to strive in basketball with or without him. It may take a little while with a transiston period to a new coach but I agree they will be very solid. When Self replaced Williams they were upset in the first round back to back years but as we saw tonight they turned it around. Same thing will happen with the new coach they may have a few tough times but they will rise to the top because they can recruit nationally. When you can pull top players from all over the country you will always be a force. On this years team none of their top guys were from the state of Kansas. Arthur is from Dallas Chalmers from Alaska Robinson from New York, Collins from Chicago, Jackson from Oklahoma City, Rush from KC,Missouri guess thats kind of close.

Fal44
04-07-2008, 11:52 PM
^^ I agree with your post also, if they change coaches, there is a chance they could be slow of the gates. your examples of their player show that they can pick and choose with the best of them. Just on the name of the University of Kansas, there basketball program will continue to be a success.

eagles_victory
04-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
^^ I agree with your post also, if they change coaches, there is a chance they could be slow of the gates. your examples of their player show that they can pick and choose with the best of them. Just on the name of the University of Kansas, there basketball program will continue to be a success. Plus if Self leaves Kansas's isnt going to go out and get John Smith they are going to go get a succesful and proven coach who can keep the tradition going.

Fal44
04-08-2008, 12:00 AM
E_V, Must admit I like the way you think... Imagine if Selfs decides to go after the his alma, and the money. They bring in Coach Knight, wouldn't that be something?

coach
04-08-2008, 02:17 AM
i think knight is done...but they would get somebody big...ku isnt one of the winningest programs for nothing besides who is to say self will leave

Old Tiger
04-08-2008, 02:34 AM
poor that necks feller, haha wow

g$$
04-08-2008, 04:18 AM

I don't think so. Could be dead wrong but this is what I was told. My buddy played football at Ok State & later worked there in the Athletic Dept. Word is Bill Self is happy at Kansas (obviously it's a great job for basketball) & the only job he would leave for would be the possible NBA team relocating from Seattle or New Orleans to OKC (not final yet). This same guy knew about Sean Sutton getting bought out before it hit the news. There was a story behind that too beyond poor results on the court (think daddy's problem...but didn't want PR hit so bought him out).

Self did play basketball at Ok State & that would be returning home. But according to my buddy, it's only for the possible NBA team in Oklahoma City. Guess we'll see...I think he gets big bucks & stays at Kansas. Just relaying what I was told...I would stay in college but NBA pays even bigger $$ most of the time. Pickens certainly has it though - & it's growing in a hedge fund as we speak too.

I wish A&M had kept Pickens around & not cut him from basketball team his freshman year. We could tap into those vast resources if he was still an Aggie! That dude is rich beyond belief.

Old Tiger
04-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Kansas = basketball school
Florida = football school

Sometimes one will have success in a sport Ex: Florida basketball the previous two seasons....all it takes is a good recruiting class there. Also see Kansas football this past season.

g$$
04-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Kansas = basketball school
Florida = football school

Sometimes one will have success in a sport Ex: Florida basketball the previous two seasons....all it takes is a good recruiting class there. Also see Kansas football this past season.

Agreed. When Phog Allen & James Naismith are affiliated with your school's tradition, you're a basketball school 1st always!