PDA

View Full Version : *Breaking news*

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Austin Johnston may be closing due to several consecutive years of low performance. (Details at 10:00 news)

NastySlot
04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
ok its after 10 what happen?

Antec
04-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Some Houston ISD schools have been close to this same situation over the past few years

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, it wasn't as "breaking" as the lead-in made it seem. :doh: It should be decided in the next couple of months, after TAKS scores are in.

NastySlot
04-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, it wasn't as "breaking" as the lead-in made it seem. :doh: It should be decided in the next couple of months, after TAKS scores are in.

poor johnston.....once scouted a team that played them....and they rocked johnston....beat by 40 points......leaving the stadium we had parents from the team we were scouting mouthing about how they were going to do that to us...and b.s....we hung half a 100 on them the next week in 3 quarters........johnston was bad then and still is.

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
poor johnston.....once scouted a team that played them....and they rocked johnston....beat by 40 points......leaving the stadium we had parents from the team we were scouting mouthing about how they were going to do that to us...and b.s....we hung half a 100 on them the next week in 3 quarters........johnston was bad then and still is.
Heck, I feel badly for them. In the fall, when they had to cancel several games because of too many ineligible players, they had "academic pep rallies".

I know they've been on the unacceptable list for quite some time. Some parents last year had a big hissy when the threats to close came from AISD because "nobody told them things were bad". :doh:

NastySlot
04-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Heck, I feel badly for them. In the fall, when they had to cancel several games because of too many ineligible players, they had "academic pep rallies".

I know they've been on the unacceptable list for quite some time. Some parents last year had a big hissy when the threats to close came from AISD because "nobody told them things were bad". :doh:

that schools like many other inner city school's problems stem from the environment those kids have to live in....too many times people want to blame the school and the isd.

injuredinmelee
04-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
that schools like many other inner city school's problems stem from the environment those kids have to live in....too many times people want to blame the school and the isd.

are they products of the enviornment or is the environment caused by them?

NastySlot
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
are they products of the enviornment or is the environment caused by them?

it's a cycle that most don't break..