PDA

View Full Version : china spring vs liberty hill

CS DAD
04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
could they play each other first round this football season

Dogman_1969
04-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Don't know for sure but CS doesn't want to face LH in the first round or in week zero for that matter......

CS Qb is gone and LH's Oline will once again be ancored by #74 for the third year in a row.

No disrespect because we played both teams and they aren't close. Both have good players but LH is great year in year out in what they do.

The only team to stay close to LH last year was Rockdale and they did it at LH. Some call it luck, but the Tigers had 3 sophomore WR's with about 4-6 catches each that night and I didn't see anyone do that to LH in the 5 times I saw them play.

The Tigers should have knocked CS out in round one of the playoffs last year but they just couldn't get one break or call.

LH should be ranked #1 again next year. Give them the 1 until someone takes it........

cshscougar08
04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
It all depends on who makes playoffs and who doesn't. If Gatesville doesn't make playoffs, then China Spring will be the 7-3A Division I representative. That's so crazy to think about too!!!!!!! But anyway, Liberty Hill would need two or three bigger schools to not make playoffs to go DI. So the possibility is there Dad, but I'm not sure if it's gonna happen. I see Burnett or Fredricksburg making it.

Tx Challenge
04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
It all depends on who makes playoffs and who doesn't. If Gatesville doesn't make playoffs, then China Spring will be the 7-3A Division I representative. That's so crazy to think about too!!!!!!! But anyway, Liberty Hill would need two or three bigger schools to not make playoffs to go DI. So the possibility is there Dad, but I'm not sure if it's gonna happen. I see Burnett or Fredricksburg making it.

Dont forget Wimberley

NastySlot
04-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Dont forget Wimberley

I think he meant as the big school rep.

Old Tiger
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
CS will be much like Robinson after they lost randy kitchens....the only thing that will save them is being in a weak district.

Tx Challenge
04-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I think he meant as the big school rep.

I guess I misunderstood. I think LH is almost locked into a Div2 slot with 3 very good schools that are playoff contenders that are bigger in their district

watz4dinner
04-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

The Tigers should have knocked CS out in round one of the playoffs last year but they just couldn't get one break or call.
[/B]

Breaks!!!!!!
1st play of the game you guys run an interception back for a touchdown.

You run a 2 pt conversion back 98 yards for 2 pts.

CS has three or more turnovers.

YOU GOT BEAT BY A BETTER TEAM!!!!!!!

Dogman_1969
04-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Don't think so. Best team lost that night. Best athlete on field played QB for CS and made big plays to get his team in position to score at the end.

Good teams force mistakes by their opponents and that is what the Tigers did to CS. (1) The int to start the game didn't bounce into the safety's hands he broke in front of a pass to CS's best receiver on his way to the score. (2) Reverse pass attempt by the WR was hurried by the OLB staying home and laying the led to him as he released the ball, only to have the Tiger CB pick it off.

Funny you brought up the int on the PAT. The QB threw it up while being sacked only to have a Tiger LB pick it and return it 98 yds for 2 points the other way. And you didn't even mention the CS dad throwing his headset at the Tiger player as he ran down the field.........

Like I said before, Tigers should have won.

watz4dinner
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
What breaks did they need?

I know that you are a Rockdale fan....and I think that Rockdale played great in the playoff game. They played with alot of heart and determination...but came up short. They will be a dangerous team for the next several years. The coaching staff at Rockdale do an excellent job. With that said....I just hate when people like yourself come on this site and talk about what should have been....how much better you are than us.....if only we had some breaks. CS faced teams with more talent/athletes/speed all year long.
Facts: CS beat you not only once but twice this season. What was the score in the first game? 35-6 at half!!!!What breaks did you guys need in that game? What about last year? 41-0 at half!!!!!!!

Forget about what could have been this year.........and focus on what can be the next several years!!!

Good Luck to the Tigers

Dogman_1969
04-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't care if you like me or my opinions. If you don't like it don't comment back. You are no different. I do agree with you that CS did beat us twice although the first game was early when the Tigers were still fighting the injury bug along with youth. Not focused on last year. Just looking forward to next and would have loved to have CS on the schedule, but that just "didn't work out".

I am a Tiger fan but my distaste for CS probably started while I was in Waco attending Connally football games for a brief stint. I still root for the Cadets in the Waco area and you know how the Cadets and Coogs are. Just don't do well together.

Good luck to CS in their new district and may we meet again. Just this time it won't be in Waco...................

Just looked at the UIL site and realized that you guys got shuffled into Reg 1 along with the Hill Country district.

watz4dinner
04-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Never said I didn't like you....i don't like your EXCUSES for losing!!!!

We lost two games this year

La Vega---straight wore us out. beat us up and down the field. You will hear no excuses from CS

Celina--Close game. They made the plays they needed to win the game. Again no excuses!!

Rockdale 5-6 Loser in the 1st Round
CS 14-2 State Championship Runner-UP

Rockdale the best team in TEXAS under .500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watz4dinner
04-08-2008, 01:40 PM
My fault.....they ended the year at 4-7. But still the best team in TEXAS under .500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just needed some breaks!!!!

NastySlot
04-08-2008, 02:01 PM
so they played twice last year?

Ranger Mom
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Wow.....what an ugly thread!

Here I thought I was going to be reading about Liberty Hill!:confused: :confused: :doh:

cshscougar08
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM

Like I said before, Tigers should have won.

But sad thing is, they didn't. Great teams always find a way to win. And through all the turnovers, and dumb plays we made that night, we won. Plain and simple. And it wasn't through capitalizing on a bunch of Rockdale mistakes either. We simply buckled down and did what we had to do to win the game. End of story. And whoever asked, yes we did play Rockdale twice last season. Once in non-district play and once in the first round of the playoffs.

watz4dinner
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM

I am a Tiger fan but my distaste for CS probably started while I was in Waco attending Connally football games for a brief stint. I still root for the Cadets in the Waco area and you know how the Cadets and Coogs are. Just don't do well together.

We got no problem with the cadets. They helped us prepare for all the athletes we would see in the playoffs.

I_DONT_CARE
04-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Here I thought I was going to be reading about Liberty Hill!:confused: :confused: :doh:
WHO?

Daddy D 11
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
WHO?

Liberty Hill is the team that 24 teams in a row have failed to beat:D

Ranger Mom
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Yeah...that team!!:p

LH Panther Mom
04-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
WHO?
Come out from under the rock! :doh: :doh:

navscanmaster
04-09-2008, 06:25 AM

That has to be the first time ever that I have seen you actually word a sentence to downplay Liberty Hill's greatness. Usually, it would be:
Liberty Hill is the team that has beaten 24 teams in a row.

I know you won't let it happen again, though.:devil:

Daddy D 11
04-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
That has to be the first time ever that I have seen you actually word a sentence to downplay Liberty Hill's greatness. Usually, it would be:
Liberty Hill is the team that has beaten 24 teams in a row.

I know you won't let it happen again, though.:devil:

maybe i'm just more modest now that my team proved me right all year long ;)

but..it definitly wont happen again:D

LH Panther Mom
04-09-2008, 08:27 AM
but..it definitly wont happen again:D
Please see that it doesn't! :p :devil:

Oh, and :wave:

Rocket Dad
04-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Wow, are you serious ? The only thing that saved Robinson was a weak district last year ? The district that Robinson played in last year was solid ( State Finalist and State Quarterfinalist) Robinson had the toughest schedule in 3A according to Massey Ratings Strength of Schedule. Just some facts. The Rockets did play some weaker teams last year, only getting one shutout though, beat Rockdale 21-0, not much of a game from the Tigers.

Old Tiger
04-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
Wow, are you serious ? The only thing that saved Robinson was a weak district last year ? The district that Robinson played in last year was solid ( State Finalist and State Quarterfinalist) Robinson had the toughest schedule in 3A according to Massey Ratings Strength of Schedule. Just some facts. The Rockets did play some weaker teams last year, only getting one shutout though, beat Rockdale 21-0, not much of a game from the Tigers. huh?

cshscougar08
04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
huh?

He thought when you said that, that you meant the only thing that saved Robinson this year was a weak district. But you only were talking about CS next year.

watz4dinner
04-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I have no idea what RocketDAD is trying to say.

Rocket Dad
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I understood a post from Go Blue to say that Robinson was in a weak district this past year, and I responded with some info., that's all. Maybe he was just saying China would be in a weak district next year. Either way I enjoy reminding him of the Rocket/Rockdale score last year. Next 2 years Robinson and Rockdale will only scrimmage, so not much of a chance to have bragging rights from a scrimmage.

Old Tiger
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
I understood a post from Go Blue to say that Robinson was in a weak district this past year, and I responded with some info., that's all. Maybe he was just saying China would be in a weak district next year. Either way I enjoy reminding him of the Rocket/Rockdale score last year. Next 2 years Robinson and Rockdale will only scrimmage, so not much of a chance to have bragging rights from a scrimmage. Never said Robinson was in a weak district. Said China Spring will be much like Robinson without Randy Kitchens except they will be in a weak district. We had a misunderstanding but no worries. ;)

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Geeeez....y'all are beginning to sound like a bunch of old women!:p

Old Tiger
04-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Geeeez....y'all are beginning to sound like a bunch of old women!:p Hush it old woman! :inlove:

Ranger Mom
04-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Hush it old woman! :inlove:

You know that's not gonna happen!

Old Tiger
04-10-2008, 01:42 PM
You know that's not gonna happen! Ya oh well you are funny.