Bull19
04-07-2008, 08:15 PM
sorry wandy. great job tonight. srry valverde cant throw strikes

Bull19
04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
tejada cluth. stros win 5-3. 2-run walk off

SWMustang
04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
you're braver than me - I stormed off after Valverde blew it.

Necks_Fan
04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Wandy pitched a hell of a game.

7 1/3 3 hits 0 runs 6 K 0 W

Valverde blew a 3-0 lead in the ninth but Tejeda more than made up for it with his 3 run blast in the bottom. Nice walk off Hr! (Also, a heck of a defensive game from Tejeda as well, the one play in the ninth with 2 out was truly spectacular.)

zebrablue2
04-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Wandy pitched a hell of a game.

7 1/3 3 hits 0 runs 6 K 0 W

Valverde blew a 3-0 lead in the ninth but Tejeda more than made up for it with his 3 run blast in the bottom. Nice walk off Hr! (Also, a heck of a defensive game from Tejeda as well, the one play in the ninth with 2 out was truly spectacular.)

valverde must have inherited the curse of lidge--- LOL...

Astrosdawg07
04-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm begging to wonder if we haven't been cursed by Billy Wagner, after he left we really haven't had a reliable closer...

zebrablue2
04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I'm begging to wonder if we haven't been cursed by Billy Wagner, after he left we really haven't had a reliable closer...

agreed. saw ole billy blow a few 2 and 3 run leads also. lidge was such a class act. I really liked him. liked qualls also.. another class act...

Bull19
04-07-2008, 09:45 PM
what screwed valverde over was that he was trying to nibble to much on the corners with his off-speed stuff and he was getting behind in the counts. he had a 3-run lead. all he needed to do was throw strikes and make them hit the ball, instead he got behind in the count, which lead to the walk and the cocked fastballs.

Fal44
04-08-2008, 12:01 AM
So what is the astros record? I haven't seen a game this season...

g$$
04-08-2008, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
what screwed valverde over was that he was trying to nibble to much on the corners with his off-speed stuff and he was getting behind in the counts. he had a 3-run lead. all he needed to do was throw strikes and make them hit the ball, instead he got behind in the count, which lead to the walk and the cocked fastballs.

Agreed.

Astros are 3-5 now after 2-5 road trip to open season. Lost 3 games by 1 run & another by 2 runs. No excuses, a loss is a loss. Oswalt has had 2 poor outings so far. Wandy deserved better Monday, but at least we got a W.

I love Pence, but he is pressing & may need to drop down in order, relax, & get right. Chasing lots of pitches off plate & really jumpy right now. Love his hustle & he will be ok.

Maybe...

CF Bourn
2B Loretta / Matsui (injured now)
1B Berkman
LF Lee
SS Tejada
RF Pence
3B Blum / Wigginton (injured too)
C Towles
Pitcher

Bull19
04-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed.

Astros are 3-5 now after 2-5 road trip to open season. Lost 3 games by 1 run & another by 2 runs. No excuses, a loss is a loss. Oswalt has had 2 poor outings so far. Wandy deserved better Monday, but at least we got a W.

I love Pence, but he is pressing & may need to drop down in order, relax, & get right. Chasing lots of pitches off plate & really jumpy right now. Love his hustle & he will be ok.

Maybe...

CF Bourn
2B Loretta / Matsui (injured now)
1B Berkman
LF Lee
SS Tejada
RF Pence
3B Blum / Wigginton (injured too)
C Towles
Pitcher

when matsui comes back he'll ne in the two hole, and pence will be in the 6th spot

g$$
04-08-2008, 04:14 PM
when matsui comes back he'll ne in the two hole, and pence will be in the 6th spot

I know that, Cooper has said that all along.

Pence is struggling but it's way early. I like him a lot. Sometimes dropping down in order can relax a player & get him back on track.

Plus, Loretta is a perfect 2 hole hitter. Takes pitches, hits behind runners, not afraid to hit w/ 2 strikes, etc. Anxious to see Matsui healthy too.

SWMustang
04-08-2008, 04:16 PM

I heard matsui was on the DL for his two hole?:confused:

crzyjournalist03
04-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I know that, Cooper has said that all along.

Pence is struggling but it's way early. I like him a lot. Sometimes dropping down in order can relax a player & get him back on track.

Plus, Loretta is a perfect 2 hole hitter. Takes pitches, hits behind runners, not afraid to hit w/ 2 strikes, etc. Anxious to see Matsui healthy too.

Did anybody in the Houston media try to find out exactly how Matsui ended up with anal fissures in the first place???

Bull19
04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Did anybody in the Houston media try to find out exactly how Matsui ended up with anal fissures in the first place???

why are you so anxious to know? sounds like you have a problem

crzyjournalist03
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
why are you so anxious to know? sounds like you have a problem

why yes, yes I do.

:rolleyes:

Heaven forbid that I should ever ask a legitimate question about Bull19's Astros...

Necks_Fan
04-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I heard matsui was on the DL for his two hole?:confused: Haha. Lmao.

I don't know how he hurt his 2 hole, don't think anybody really wants to know. It's kind of perosnal material. Lol.

g$$
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Related to hemorrhoids, seriously. Media has tap danced around it but that was original problem reported. Had surgery, going on minor league rehab this Thursday, & will be back in line-up maybe by Sunday at home or next Tuesday in Philly.

SWMustang
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Haha. Lmao.

I don't know how he hurt his 2 hole, don't think anybody really wants to know. It's kind of perosnal material. Lol.

Yea - it's almost as funny as Sweetwater Red's Tigers going 0-7 almost!

g$$
04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Heading to game tonight. Chacon vs. Thompson on mound & looking forward to roof being open I hope. MMP is great when roof is open this time of year. It's baseball season, spring weather, & a few beverages on the way!

Go Astros! Hopefully Pence (& others) have big games tonight & we take down the Cards again.

crzyjournalist03
04-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Related to hemorrhoids, seriously. Media has tap danced around it but that was original problem reported. Had surgery, going on minor league rehab this Thursday, & will be back in line-up maybe by Sunday at home or next Tuesday in Philly.

I know that the name alone causes some people to cringe...doesn't surprise me that there hasn't been a lot of talk.

Thanks for the info though!

SWMustang
04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Heading to game tonight. Chacon vs. Thompson on mound & looking forward to roof being open I hope. MMP is great when roof is open this time of year. It's baseball season, spring weather, & a few beverages on the way!

Go Astros! Hopefully Pence (& others) have big games tonight & we take down the Cards again.

Lucky dog :mad: Chacon looked ok in his first start. Maybe those bats will go crazy and Berkman can keep his base running gaffes to a minimum

g$$
04-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Lucky dog :mad: Chacon looked ok in his first start. Maybe those bats will go crazy and Berkman can keep his base running gaffes to a minimum

Yeah, how about Berkman getting picked off Monday night w/ Lee at plate & runner on 2nd? Where ya going Big Puma? Brain locked I guess. He'll do that.

Tough 5-3 loss Tuesday, but fun to go of course. Weather was great & roof open. Geary had some tough luck in 8th & gave up the 2 runs to take loss. He has pretty good stuff. Tejada should have made play on Pujols' ball for 2nd out, then K on next batter Ankiel ends inning. Hung a curveball I think to Glaus (we were down RF line in lower level a few rows up from field). Chacon looked ok - lots of deep counts though. They scored their 1st 2 runs on 1 hit total.

Offense is gonna wake up at soon. Pitching has been pretty decent all things considered. Gotta get Pence locked in. He is pulling off ball & seeing a steady diet of sliders off plate. He will make adjustment & be just fine. Too much talent & drive to struggle long. MLB will test the best of 'em.

Necks_Fan
04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yeah, how about Berkman getting picked off Monday night w/ Lee at plate & runner on 2nd? Where ya going Big Puma? Brain locked I guess. He'll do that.

Tough 5-3 loss Tuesday, but fun to go of course. Weather was great & roof open. Geary had some tough luck in 8th & gave up the 2 runs to take loss. He has pretty good stuff. Tejada should have made play on Pujols' ball for 2nd out, then K on next batter Ankiel ends inning. Hung a curveball I think to Glaus (we were down RF line in lower level a few rows up from field). Chacon looked ok - lots of deep counts though. They scored their 1st 2 runs on 1 hit total.

Offense is gonna wake up at soon. Pitching has been pretty decent all things considered. Gotta get Pence locked in. He is pulling off ball & seeing a steady diet of sliders off plate. He will make adjustment & be just fine. Too much talent & drive to struggle long. MLB will test the best of 'em. Hey G$$. I was at the game as well. I was in the right center in the mezzanine though. Always good to get to go to a game, although I like the lazy boy just fine.

g$$
04-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey G$$. I was at the game as well. I was in the right center in the mezzanine though. Always good to get to go to a game, although I like the lazy boy just fine.

Good deal. We were right on the RF line where Pence made the running catch & he gave the ball to the kid sitting right in front of us.

I go to 6-10 games a year. Love to go to yard, but I hear you, easy chair feels pretty good too! If offense & pitching can click, look out because the NL Central is winnable. Trying to be an optimist...

Glad y'all had a good time & made it home safely.

Necks_Fan
04-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Good deal. We were right on the RF line where Pence made the running catch & he gave the ball to the kid sitting right in front of us.

I go to 6-10 games a year. Love to go to yard, but I hear you, easy chair feels pretty good too! If offense & pitching can click, look out because the NL Central is winnable. Trying to be an optimist...

Glad y'all had a good time & made it home safely. Yea, I went with the church.

I like being optimistic but they had better get going.

Already down 2-0 tonight.-

g$$
04-10-2008, 03:09 AM
This year is going to test all of us. And Cooper, Albert Pujols is a great player - make somebody else beat you! Astros are in every game & just coming up short. Pence is really struggling, but he'll come around. Trying to keep the faith but realistic too. We have some glaring holes, esp. pitching & a depleted minor leagues.

Old Tiger
04-10-2008, 03:10 AM
astros suck
rangers suck

g$$
04-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
astros suck
rangers suck

Thanks for the optimism! Definitely looks like both will struggle as of now...

crzyjournalist03
04-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by g$$
This year is going to test all of us. And Cooper, Albert Pujols is a great player - make somebody else beat you! Astros are in every game & just coming up short. Pence is really struggling, but he'll come around. Trying to keep the faith but realistic too. We have some glaring holes, esp. pitching & a depleted minor leagues.

Good to hear that at least one Astros fan doesn't think I'm off my rocker when I say they're going to have one heck of a time being a .500 team this year.

State_In_08
04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Get used to Valverde doing that... he's just not that great. My opinion.