PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 4 Navasota 3

Bull's-eye
04-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Bellville's baseball team now 5-0 in district 23-3A.

zebrablue2
04-05-2008, 09:05 PM
congrats to the brahmas..

HawkEye
04-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Jordan Hawkins' RBI single in the bottom of the 13th won the game for the Hornets. Outstanding performances by Caldwell pitchers Colton Eubanks and Cory Ochs. Caldwell is now 3-2 and tied for second place with Giddings.

buff4ever
04-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I know this seems negative, but this game and the giddings/LG game proves how equally bad or down our district is. I predict that of the 3 teams that get out of district only 1 will have a CHANCE at advancing to the second round and that is the team with the bye.

buff4ever
04-05-2008, 10:15 PM
now a positive message. Bellville and Giddings are both very young teams, I don't know about the others except it sounds like LG might have some youngsters (but the seem to be missing out on a year of experience).

Next year will be brighter for some of these teams.

Brahma84
04-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Bellville played an ugly game tonight, giving up three runs in the first inning. Defensively we had at least 5 errors. Mueller struggled a little in his first district game tonight, returning after a sore shoulder, but got little help on defense. He pitched 3 innings, Huebner pitched 3 and 1/3 and Tallerine the last 2/3 to close it out. Luetge led the Bulls with 3 RBI's.

Bellville----1 0 1 1 0 1 0
Navasota- 3 0 0 0 0 0 0

WP- Huebner

Buffgal
04-05-2008, 11:24 PM
I think these last games on the first round proved that the next round will be very interesting to watch.
Those that started strong are laboring and those that struggled are coming around.

Good luck to all. I watched them all this round and a good group of players overall, with some good quality hitters and pitchers that are learning and will dominate in the next couple of years. Probably right about not advancing too far (I think because they don't have it together mentally, the age factor) but a team or two in our district will get some attention in the next couple of years. I have no doubt, just Too much young talent.

Get the sticks going again Buffaloes.

Gators17
04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I know this seems negative, but this game and the giddings/LG game proves how equally bad or down our district is. I predict that of the 3 teams that get out of district only 1 will have a CHANCE at advancing to the second round and that is the team with the bye.

I disagree. I think that Bellville has a great chance to advance in the playoffs. For one, they'll win district so they'll get past the first round. And two, they have too much pitching not to advance. Hitting, obviously, is their weakness but games are won and lost on the mound.

buff4ever
04-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
I disagree. I think that Bellville has a great chance to advance in the playoffs. For one, they'll win district so they'll get past the first round. And two, they have too much pitching not to advance. Hitting, obviously, is their weakness but games are won and lost on the mound.

They have the best shot b/c of their pitching, however they will be facing another playoff pitcher and that will limit their runs to 2 or less. I don't know if that will be enough to win in the second round for them or not.

I will say that if Giddings can get into a 1 game playoff with anybody and pitch berry and masek, and find their bats again, they may have the best shot of any in our district.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
They have the best shot b/c of their pitching,

I will say that if Giddings can get into a 1 game playoff with anybody and pitch berry and masek, and find their bats again, they may have the best shot of any in our district.

Make up your mind, 1st you say Bellville has the best shot, then you say Giddings has the best shot. Whats you final answer?:D

trg
04-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Congrats to the bulls for finishing the first round of district undefeated!!!!!!

Good luck against Smithville.

Go #5.