PDA

View Full Version : Commerce wins 41-28

TEXANS
12-14-2001, 11:47 PM
It's La Grange and Commerce next week for all the marbles!
GO LEOPARDS !!!

REBEL II
12-14-2001, 11:49 PM
LaGrange beat a very Talented Giddings team.
Should be a great game next week!

dogdad
12-15-2001, 12:12 AM
Way to go Commerce. A very good match-up for the finals next week. Good luck to both.

eye of the tiger
12-15-2001, 12:26 AM
I tell ya folks. The Bridgeport QB is the calmest coolest around. And what an arm. Tigers led 21-0 27-7, but Daugherty and the rest of the Bulls kept plugging. With a 13 point lead and a couple of minutes left the game was still in doubt. Hats off to the Bulls both players and fans. And hats off to the Tigers. Going to the big show feels good. Sites being discussed are the Astrodome, waco(dont know if Floyd Casey or the ISD stadium and Tyler Rose is being discussed also. Great game Bulls and Tigers.
Neither side quit and thats what it is all about. I think I need a drink.

BullsFan
12-15-2001, 01:55 AM
Thanks for that, Eye of the Tiger. We couldn't be prouder of our boys (although we'd certainly have been happier if we'd won). Commerce is a class act, both the team and the fans, and I wish you guys the best of luck next week.

Just for curiosity's sake, what'd you think about the officiating? Personally, I thought it was terrible. I'm not saying we weren't outplayed--we were, and the score reflects that. But the refs.. ughh. I still don't know how you can get an illegal procedure when you don't have the ball.

ethsfbnut
12-15-2001, 03:00 AM
BullsFan...don`t really understand procedure penalty either. Seemed like the refs were a little out of cync all nite.
Congrats to the Bulls and their fans. Ya`ll definatly have the best passing scheme of any 3A team and maybe any high school. The QB was unreal and you have some good receivers also that really work well with QB when the protection would break down. Or when he had time as well. Bet Bull fans can`t wait `til next year with all the jr`s. Luck to ya`ll.

Way to go Tigers!!!!! You beat a great team that is way better than their record
indicates. Believe difference in game was the strengths of the Tigers off and def lines. Could have been different if not for all the pressure on the QB and the great rushing game.

Good luck Tigers and Bulls.

Go TIGERS!!!!!

eye of the tiger
12-15-2001, 11:26 AM
BullsFan I agree the officiating was pretty lame. The officials were from the Dallas area and I hope they have crewed their last game this year. I have never heard of defensive illegal procedure. One of your defensive linemen jumped but I thought he got back and I dont think he made contact. I dont know how that could have been illegal procedure. Offsides maybe, but I dont think so. They also gave us a reception and our guy was clearly out of bounds. We didnt score on that drive, but it was still a bad call. The radio announcers from the Commerce station also said they thought the officials did a poor job. It was still a great game and I was most impressed with the Bulls players and fans.