PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Baseball WINS

Buffgal
04-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Congrat's Leopards on your win.

8 innings, La Grange 5, Giddings 3

La Grange played very well, with hard hits when it counted.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-05-2008, 08:35 AM
:thinking:

buff4ever
04-05-2008, 11:03 AM
congrats LG,

Giddings you have got to figure it out, we are hitting like a JV team at best throughout the order. I am hoping that since buffgal has so much interest in baseball her recruiter talk is for football.:thinking:

buffbaseball
04-05-2008, 12:05 PM
hit balls hard?? ill give LG credit for the win, but masek (aka painshebag) had the leps on lockdown for 7 innings...just a few untimely cap shots (and yes a laser in the right center gap) led to the 3 runs he allowed

Gators17
04-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Congrats to Lg and Supak for a great game. And a week ago, everyone was saying how Giddings was "pounding" the ball. Seems to me, they need to start pounding out some wins. :rolleyes:

buff4ever
04-06-2008, 11:52 PM
I would say that giddings hasn't pounded the ball in 3 games now. They have the potential, and have done so, but right now they are falling to the low standard of hitting in our district right now.

Bellville is benifitting from having 2 1/2 better than average pitchers for our district on a year when there are not any power teams (or atleast none acting like it).

I trully feel like giddings had the most powerfull batting team in the district and they are struggling at the plate for the past few games. It would be a good time to get back on for navasota and caldwell. 2 wins this week would probably guarantee a spot in the playoffs. Then they can really relax and pound the ball.

Bull19
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
giddings looks like they are a prime example of why you cant rely on hitting to win games. pitching and defense wins games.

hitting is contagious so hopefully a couple of the kids can get the bats going and possibly get the rest of the team to start hitting as well?

buffbaseball
04-07-2008, 07:39 PM
they better get the bats going, or else they might be on the outside looking in come playoffs...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Bellville is benifitting from having 2 1/2 better than average pitchers for our district

Talerine, Mueller, and Huebner, all will be back next year, so will the rest of the team.

Bull19
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Talerine, Mueller, and Hubner, all will be back next year, so will the rest of the team.

is luetge getting held back and being granted another year of eligibility?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Bull19

He will be red-shirted at the end of the season, he will be ready next season at 100%.

Bull19
04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
He will be red-shirted at the end of the season, he will be ready next season at 100%.

pitching should be even stronger next year then with the addition of luetge to the rotation. the bulls could make a nice run in the playoffs next year

hookandladder
04-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Bull19

Our you talking about the Luetge in college or High School, I did not think you could go to high school for 5 years. Am I missing something here.