Will be played at 5 p.m. Monday

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Standings?

g$$
04-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Standings?

Columbia is ahead of Sweeny & Needville by 1 game. Columbia has 1 district loss & Sweeny/Needville both have 2.

Sealy Softball Mom will give the rest...she has it all down pat!

3&2count
04-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Columbia was ahead 3 to 0 when the rain came down hard.
The game will resume on Wednesday at 6pm in Columbia.

The game will pick up with 1 out in the 5th inning.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Standings for District 24
as of 4/4

8-1 Columbia
8-2 Sweeny
7-2 Needville

6-3 Columbus
4-5 Wharton
3-7 Sealy
1-8 Stafford
0-9 Royal

g$$
04-05-2008, 03:11 AM
With all due respect, what has happened to Sealy's softball team? I have seen them twice over the past 2 years & came away impressed. Is it lack of consistency, injuries, team chemistry, etc.? I expected them to do better than the district standings show. Thanks for the help.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by g$$
With all due respect, what has happened to Sealy's softball team? I have seen them twice over the past 2 years & came away impressed. Is it lack of consistency, injuries, team chemistry, etc.? I expected them to do better than the district standings show. Thanks for the help.

:thinking:

3aSoftball4Mom
04-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$

No problem...perfectly normal question.

1. It's the "the umpires' fault", all of them!!!! ;)
2. Before District started, our girls were really playing well together, more times than not... then the softball gods swooped down and said no more this year!! :D kidding! :D :D

Without making lame excuses like those above and being as honest as possible, it's probably not just a few things:
"Overall" we haven't quite figured out what has happened, we have the talent, they just aren't using it at times. I guess we'll never know for sure. We lost 4 starters from last year's team and this one is a young team, basically without a leader, coach says no one has really stepped up. It consists of 3 juniors, 4 sophs, and 3 freshman. It could be team chemistry....not so good chemistry, you know girls! :D :D Although, the jr.s and sophs played together for years and had a tournament team at one time.

Last year's team was one of a kind for us. They all got along and played very well with each other.. stayed in the same position every game. District champs and a 12 game winning streak was so exciting to live through!! First, that's a hard act to follow and ways heavy on the minds of the older girls on this team. Believe me, they have been told that a time or two at school before the season even started.
Second, the right combination on the field has yet to be found.

Not taking anything away from the teams in our district, because they have played very well this year and deserve to be where they are...:clap:...however, we have the talent and skills to have played better in each and every game.
BUT, we all know that tons of errors on routine plays and sporadic hitting will not win ballgames. It also tends to make a team look like :eek: !!!!! Let me say this, it HAS been a "team effort" when it comes to that.

We are working on next year, this year is done for us. All of our starters will be back, (hopefully nothing happens to each girl) and general concensus feels that it should be better.
But you never know until it's over.
Thanks for the interest.

Good luck to the Lady Necks, Jays and Dogs in the playoffs.

g$$
04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom

2. Before District started, our girls were really playing well together, more times than not... then the softball gods swooped down and said no more this year!! :D kidding! :D :D

Without making lame excuses like those above and being as honest as possible, it's probably not just a few things:
"Overall" we haven't quite figured out what has happened, we have the talent, they just aren't using it at times. I guess we'll never know for sure. We lost 4 starters from last year's team and this one is a young team, basically without a leader, coach says no one has really stepped up. It consists of 3 juniors, 4 sophs, and 3 freshman. It could be team chemistry....not so good chemistry, you know girls! :D :D Although, the jr.s and sophs played together for years and had a tournament team at one time.

Last year's team was one of a kind for us. They all got along and played very well with each other.. stayed in the same position every game. District champs and a 12 game winning streak was so exciting to live through!! First, that's a hard act to follow and ways heavy on the minds of the older girls on this team. Believe me, they have been told that a time or two at school before the season even started.

Not taking anything away from the teams in our district, because they have played very well this year and deserve to be where they are...:clap:...however, we have the talent and skills to have played better in each and every game.
BUT, we all know that tons of errors on routine plays and sporadic hitting will not win ballgames. It also tends to make a team look like :eek: !!!!! Let me say this, it HAS been a "team effort" when it comes to that.

We are working on next year, this year is done for us. All of our starters will be back, (hopefully nothing happens to each girl) and general concensus feels that it should be better.
Thanks for the interest.

Thanks for the explanation. Sports are hard to figure out sometimes, even for all of us who have played them for years. Success can be a very fleeting thing. Team chemistry is so important & leadership is invaluable. Sometimes "stuff" just happens too. It does look like Sealy is pretty darn young. Youth can lead to inconsistency & then it can snowball. And in this tough district overall, your problems get magnified.

I appreciate your honesty. I have wondered what happened, because when I have seen Sealy they played well & seemed to have a good mix. Best of luck moving forward, & much appreciated for keeping us all posted on standings, stats, etc.

maestro
04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
throw wharton into that question also...

pirate4state
04-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom

Thanks for the interest.

Hopefully things will turn around for the Sealy girls next year. It happens to the best of 'em.

Same with Wharton. Heck wasn't it 3 years ago they were in the region final? Sometimes you hit a down cycle.