PDA

View Full Version : any thoughts on wilmer hutchins vs forney

Jimbotex40
11-02-2002, 04:55 PM
this is for the district 13-3A championship. i ve been waiting for this one since i saw it was the last game of the regular season.

my previous thoughts were that forney would win, not easily, but that it would almost guaranteed. however, after seeing that hutch beat crandall 46-16, i am neutral.

this game could so easily go either way. forney will have to play almost perfect football to win, cuz i know that hutch will be prepared. we will have to play inspired football unlike like last night vs kaufman.

my prediction: 28-27 in either way?!?!?!?

footballguy 22
11-02-2002, 07:45 PM
I THINK IT WILL BE ONE THE BEST GAME IN THE DFW AREA. HUTCH HAVE A OFFENSE THAT CAN PUT POINTS OF THE SCOREBOARD IN A HURRY AND DEFENSE HAVE EVERYBODY BACK FROM INJURIES ETC....

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IT WILL BE A CLOSE GAME.

Jimbotex40
11-02-2002, 07:52 PM
footballguy22: do you play for the team?

Matthew328
11-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Should be a real good one...Forney hasn't been talked about much but they have been workman like in going 8-1...Hutch is a very explosive team and when at full strength had a dominating defense..this one is a total toss up...I am giving a very slight edge to Forney...homefield is gonna play a large role in this one..

aamove
11-02-2002, 11:03 PM
After seeing Forney play in Kaufman last night, I think that it will be a close game. Although Forney did try some plays and schemes in the first half. I think that against Wilmer they will be playing their best. Hopefully the Kaufman game was just an off night. Wilmer had an off night against Madison a couple of weeks ago. So I think that both teams will be ready come Friday. My thoughts are Forney by 10.

eye of the tiger
11-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Im going with Forney also. I think Forney wins by at least 10.

Lion5803
11-03-2002, 11:19 PM
I have played against both Forney and the Hutch, Hutch has size, speed, and strength over forney. They play very good fundamentally, and their defense is just....WOW. Number 10 is an awsome linebacker and hard to slow down. I saw Hutch by 10.

Jimbotex40
11-03-2002, 11:29 PM
its good to so another player from 13-3A on here. P.S. i am not one.

but i think that the performance that forney put on against yall was herendous. that is the worst they have played all year.

i do understand you saying that hutch is better cuz they beat yall by more than forney did, but in the first half forney was trying new stuff...like passing the ball for a change...and it worked decent. but anyways, that is not how we usually play. the coaches just noticed how weak the kaufman secondary was, and they decided to practice passing.

i respect your opinion to the utmost since you are a hard working player, and best of luck to you next week (who do yall play?)

justanopinion
11-04-2002, 09:54 AM
This game will be an awesome one. But it only determines District Champs. Both of these teams are gauranteed playoff spots and Forney is the big school of the district. Both teams could blow this game and let the other team run away with it. This game basically determines poll placement.

However, this game will be determined by Forney's Defense. If they can keep Hutch from running up the score they will win.

As for home field advantage that really doesn't matter in Forney because the fans don't cheer (besides the student section) and hardly ever stand up. Forney fans are no doubt the least school spirited in the Region. (i.e.-this is coming from a student fan)

jason
11-04-2002, 01:15 PM
I agree....at least people come to the games though. Forney always has more people in the stands whether at home or on the road.

GO FORNEY-----BEAT WILMER HUTCHINS

playpepper
11-04-2002, 01:25 PM
The Breakdown

DEFENSE Push

Both teams play great defense in two very different ways. Forney relies on sound fundamentals. Wilmer Hutchins on team speed and athleticism.

OFFENSE Wilmer Hutchins

Forney lacks the well rounded game to beat Wilmer Hutchins. They no longer have a game breaker and it will show this week. Wilmer Hutchins can run and pass equally well.

SPECIAL TEAMS Forney

This is one area where Forney can turn things into their favor.

COACHING Push

Both teams will be well prepared and ready to play. Coaching will not win this game the players will.

PREDICTION

Wilmer Hutchins 27 Forney 20

cajun1
11-04-2002, 03:57 PM
I will have to flip a coin on this one...
Coach Rush will have to dig deep in his play calling to win this one but, good luck to forney any way.
:D

Titans
11-04-2002, 10:58 PM
Forney has the tradition and home field advantage. Wilmer comes in red hot and all their players are healthy.

Originally, I would have gone with Forney. Now, with what Wilmer did to Crandall (whom, by the way beat Kennedale), I'm switching to Wilmer.

Either way, both should represent their district quite well in the playoffs, barring injuries from Friday's games.

Wilmer: 35
Forney: 31

Lion5803
11-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Jimbo, we play Pinkston this Thursday. For last place. = ( . We're ready though, all the seniors are healthy and back for this last game so I think we should do pretty good. I was not trying to say that you guys are bad, I don't blame you for picking on our secondary, we're not so hot there, and I wondered why the running game wasn't used more often. Anyways good luck friday.

playpepper
11-05-2002, 02:04 PM
could not believe the best game in the state this week had a post on the second page. Just getting it back where it belongs.

justanopinion
11-05-2002, 10:58 PM
I'm just doing the same as playpepper.

PPHSfan
11-06-2002, 12:02 AM
Forney by a touchdown or less in a classic defensive struggle.

SkandarAkbar
11-06-2002, 01:25 AM
Hutch by at least 14.

Jimbotex40
11-06-2002, 01:30 AM
lol, that's great akbar!

Rabbit'93
11-06-2002, 01:53 AM
Alright I've waited long enough. I've compared scores and stats and schedules and whatever else to come up with a prediction. I think that this game will be a track meet. call me crazy but it's just a hunch. I think that special teams is gonna make it or break it. I'm gonna say the Rabbits 45 Hutch 32.

CHSREDTITAN
11-06-2002, 09:31 AM
I'm gonna go with Wilmer Hutch on this one. We played Wilmer last year and I thought they were a very good team. I haven't had alot of chances to watch Forney play, though, so any predictions I make would be uneducated at best. But I will risk it. I say Wilmer by a touchdown.

justanopinion
11-06-2002, 09:58 AM
I'm just curious how many fans are planning to attend this game besides Forney and Hutch fans.

It's strange that Forney will be playing the best game in the state two weeks straight with Hutch this week and Wills Point next week.

jason
11-06-2002, 10:27 AM
yup..2 great games two weeks in a row...too bad forney or wills point has to be knocked out so early, kind of like last years forney v everman game in the 2nd round

Titans
11-06-2002, 11:44 AM
Oh...not even close. Forney is not even on the same level as their last year's team.

And NOBODY, NOBODY, NOBODY in this great state of Texas could ever put Wills Point up there with Everman's team last year. That would be downright idiotic at best.

It's going to be a good game, but not THAT great.

RBMorris21
11-06-2002, 12:11 PM
I agree with Titan on that last comment. I'm gonna take The HUTCH by 14

Jimbotex40
11-06-2002, 02:53 PM
lol, you last two guys are hilarious...Not even close, huh? thats great.

Ask the hutch players and theyll even tell you that if they win it will be a close game....lol. those 2 comments are down right hilarious.

Jimbotex40
11-06-2002, 09:06 PM
someone reply before this topic gets back to the second page again.

come on its the best game in the DFW area, if not the whole state

Rabbit'93
11-06-2002, 10:28 PM
Jimbo I think that they were comparing last years Forney/Everman gane and the Forney/WP to come. He was saying that Forney/Wp isn't even close to last years game. I think he's right

Rabbit'93
11-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Jimbo I think that they were comparing last years Forney/Everman gane and the Forney/WP to come. He was saying that Forney/Wp isn't even close to last years game. I think he's right

Titans
11-06-2002, 10:37 PM
Jim: Is the WP team this year as good as the Everman team last year?

NO

Is the Forney team this year as good as the Forney team last year?

NO

As for the Forney/Will Point game in 2 weeks; it will be a good game. Not a great game like the Forney/Everman game last year. If you were there, you'd know what I am referring to.

This F/WP game might not even be that interesting should Forney get beat this week. We'll just have to wait and see.

jason
11-06-2002, 11:12 PM
In the Forney-WP game one of the states top teams will be knocked out...just like last years Forney=Everman game....thats what I was trying to say

jason
11-06-2002, 11:12 PM
In the Forney-WP game one of the states top teams will be knocked out...just like last years Forney=Everman game....thats what I was trying to say

aamove
11-06-2002, 11:13 PM
I also have to agree with Titan. W-P is not comparable to last years Everman team. What the heck, this years Everman team does not compare to last years team. And we all know that Forney's team is a new breed of cat,(er rabbit), this year.
That's what makes this year interesting.

stone_cold
11-06-2002, 11:22 PM
This Friday's game will be a great one!! It's one that Matthew and a few others that believed in the Hutch pointed to as soon as they new district was laid out!! Well, it all worked out... Hutch is 8-0, Forney has only lost one game way back in 0 week and both are ranked high and will do well in the play-offs! I say it's gonna come down to who wins the battle in the trenches... my money is on W-H!! Especially if I'm getting all those points from Data Poll or Collier Sharp - LOL :p
Don't miss it... it's gonna be a great one!!

justanopinion
11-07-2002, 09:36 AM
What's this I hear about Hutch taking a one step drop and throwing the ball up for their recievers. Any truth to that?

Matthew328
11-07-2002, 10:26 AM
I have heard Hutch does that some...when you have a reciever like Scroggins who can out jump just about anyone in the state..plus throw in the fact he is 6'4 I'd prolly run that play some also...LOL

stone_cold
11-07-2002, 01:26 PM
When you are in the gun... a one-step drop is equivalent to a 3-step drop from under... so, it is just their short passing game. They have a very good passing game this year to compliment their always good running game... That is the biggest difference in this years offense over last years! That and having 4 returning all-district offensive linemen doesn't hurt anything either!! :D

jason
11-07-2002, 10:54 PM
i hope its not cold friday at this game

justanopinion
11-07-2002, 11:42 PM
The Forney players have been informing me on Hutch's Offense and I'm not impressed. It seems like the game will be between the WR's and the DB's. Forney can stop the run so I'm not worried about that. The only question is can Hutch stop the run. And don't say they can because of how they've stopped any team in 13-3A.

SkandarAkbar
11-08-2002, 12:38 AM
The question should not be can Hutch stop the run, but rather can Forney contain Hutch's passing game. Forney's RB Laury will have his hands full this week playing offense and defense because he's going to have to chase the Hutchins receivers all night on defense along with running the ball on offense. It should be interesting come fourth quarter, to see how tired he is.

jason
11-08-2002, 01:49 AM
That will be good for Laury seeing as how he's gonna face Wills Points Receivers the next week in the Play-Offs. WP will pass the ball more than any Forney has seen this year.

GO FORNEY

stone_cold
11-08-2002, 09:25 AM
Justanopinion.....
How can you not be impressed or worried about an offense that is averaging more than 400 yards per game??? Forney does have a good defense.. but will have their hands full tonight!!
As for the other side of the ball... Forney has a great offense (albeit pretty one-dimensional), but I believe Hutch's D will hold it's own... and if you need another opinion... ask Crandall!
All in all... as I've said all along... it is gonna be a great game won in the trenches!!
Don't miss this one... it may be the game of the year!! But you better get there early as it is rumored to be standing room only!!
Good Luck Forney... Good Luck Hutch... Here's to TX HS Football!!!... and those TWINS!! LOL

justanopinion
11-08-2002, 09:43 AM
skandarakbar,
I would like to know if you're some kind of terrorist with that kind of a name. Secondly, I believe that I clearly stated that the game would be between the WR's and the DB's. And if you thought that I meant our WR's you're just an idiot.

stone_cold,
I am worried about Hutch's offense. That is also why I meantioned Hutch's passing game in the above statement. I think you can agree that Forney will be able to contain the running game so I don't know why you even posted that comment.

playpepper
11-08-2002, 10:19 AM
Please do not keep saying that Wilmer will not be able to run the ball on Friday night. They will because they have a line equal in size to Forney if not bigger. Any comparisons to what any team did in this district against another is stupid. It is a two team district with Crandall being the weak sister and making the playoffs. Wilmer drilled 'em and Forney should have drilled 'em by more. Forney cannot keep believing they are as good as they have been. Blanton is gone and they are down a notch from the past. Wilmer Hutchins by 7 or less.

stone_cold
11-08-2002, 10:30 AM
justanopinion-
I DON'T think Forney can stop the WH running game! If they just slow it down... Forney loses, because (as you admitted) Hutch can do both run and pass.... The only way Forney wins is if they can SHUT DOWN either the run or the pass!!
I don't see it happening, but I still think it will be a great game!! I'm sure both teams will be well-prepared and bring their "A" game!!
See ya there!! :rolleyes:

Rabbit'93
11-08-2002, 03:42 PM
Man I am pumped for this one. Can't wait 'til 7:30. I hope that game will be a hard fought, close one. That way my pride won't be hurt if Forney loses. Besides how much fun is it to discuss a blowout? Good luck to all and have a safe trip to town this evening :)