PDA

View Full Version : Boo!

tortilla_man
04-04-2008, 03:12 PM
"The margin between the price refiners pay for crude and receive for selling the products they make from it is around $11 to $12 a barrel right now, according to the Oil Price Information Service. However, that margin has occasionally slipped into negative territory in recent weeks and is well below margins of $37 a barrel refiners earned last spring.

On Thursday, ConocoPhillips said high crude prices were significantly hurting its refining margins. Last week, Valero Energy Corp. cut output at its Corpus Christi, Texas, refinery due to high supplies and falling demand. Analysts believe many other refiners are adopting similar tactics." - Article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080404/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices;_ylt=ApYSPxl66fnhptbHBOk4mUis0NUE)

Instead of keep supplies high to bring price down, they are cutting supply meaning prices go up!

ronwx5x
04-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
"The margin between the price refiners pay for crude and receive for selling the products they make from it is around $11 to $12 a barrel right now, according to the Oil Price Information Service. However, that margin has occasionally slipped into negative territory in recent weeks and is well below margins of $37 a barrel refiners earned last spring.

On Thursday, ConocoPhillips said high crude prices were significantly hurting its refining margins. Last week, Valero Energy Corp. cut output at its Corpus Christi, Texas, refinery due to high supplies and falling demand. Analysts believe many other refiners are adopting similar tactics." - Article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080404/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices;_ylt=ApYSPxl66fnhptbHBOk4mUis0NUE)

Instead of keep supplies high to bring price down, they are cutting supply meaning prices go up!

So, is your point here that ConocoPhillips should refine more crude than they can sell, sit on it and wait for demand to develop? Or is it refine more than demand, flood the market to drive prices down and drive retailers out of the market? I guess I'm just confused.

zebrablue2
04-04-2008, 05:37 PM
all of the oil companies are CROOKS. but they are very rich CROOKS.

injuredinmelee
04-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
all of the oil companies are CROOKS. but they are very rich CROOKS.

maybe someone should put a cap on your personal earnings too?

tortilla_man
04-05-2008, 03:12 AM
my argument is, if there are high supplies levels and lower demand to cause them to stop refining, then why is that price of petroleum products keep rising... if the law of supply and demand was is true then prices should fall due to the lower demand and higher supplies..

something stinks.. I want to be one of the head hombres at the oil companies... till then ill keep B****ing