PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City 35 Hamshire-Fannett 13 GO RED! (nm)

bccards
09-26-2003, 10:18 PM
nm

RBARKER
09-26-2003, 10:22 PM
Good job BC yall are improving every game. 21-3A is still the Cards district good luck the rest of the year.

FBmania
09-26-2003, 10:28 PM
Way to go BC, I knew all would be fine come district! Good luck in District!

eye of the tiger
09-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Big win for the Cards. Congrats.

xlr8tor
09-26-2003, 10:31 PM
It ain't over yet. Seems to me 21-AAA boils down to Bridge City and Anahuac. This will be the game of the district. Just my take.

Old Cardinal
09-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Well it looks like BC is about on track, they still made inexperience errors, but the overall confidence is climbing....That team(H-F) is about equivalent to Liberty, they have all the components-but speed. I like the way the BC third string moved the ball all they way to the one yard line and then touched the knee twice to keep from scoring again...A lot of folks just don't do that any more. I would love to see H-F play Liberty in Bi-district, that would be a good contest....Speed by a number of people won the game for B.C. That H-F team sure does have excellent Sportsmanship!

X21AAAPlayer
09-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Old Cardinal:
Well it looks like BC is about on track, they still made inexperience errors, but the overall confidence is climbing....That team(H-F) is about equivalent to Liberty, they have all the components-but speed. I like the way the BC third string moved the ball all they way to the one yard line and then touched the knee twice to keep from scoring again...A lot of folks just don't do that any more. I would love to see H-F play Liberty in Bi-district, that would be a good contest....Speed by a number of people won the game for B.C. That H-F team sure does have excellent Sportsmanship!Deja Vu of the hill game last year. The guys played great. ESPECIALLY on defense. How many turnovers did hamshire have?

eagle08
09-26-2003, 11:12 PM
Hey OldCard, you really feel like Liberty and H-F are alot alike in that they are lacking speed. I know H-F lacks speed, but Liberty seems to always have some. At least they have in the past. The Liberty final tonight was 27-20 over Splendora. I just don't know what to think of this Liberty team.

BH_146
09-26-2003, 11:18 PM
Good job Cards. Just curious, how did the scoring go throughout the game? Did you take a big lead early or separate in the second half?

exbccards76'smom
09-27-2003, 12:06 AM
I was in doubt a little at the beginning. with just about 2 minutes gone in first quarter, H-F intercepted the ball and ran it back for a TD. But we tied it up quickly. Then we tackled their QB in the end zone for a safety. It just got better and better after that.

SintonFan
09-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Great win for Bridge City! It's good to see yall doing well after a shaky start this season. Congrats to an improving team! :)

hardinplaya
09-27-2003, 07:39 AM
How can you compare Liberty with Fannett. Did you not just beat Fannett? Did you not just loose to Liberty? Ok then, two totally different teams. Liberty is a team who will stop your running game and let you slide with speedy receivers. If you can throw the ball successfully against Liberty for fairly decent yards, you can make it close on them. BUT, there O will put up some yards and points so you have to be able to match them in that aspect of the game. They strive to win off power and if you can out physically play them, you stand a good chance. H-F is not a very fundamentally sound program and has not been for the past 3 years. Good Job B-C on your win but you guys will have the game of your lives ahead of you vs. Anahuac in a few weeks. Play hard until then but savor some much needed energy because you will need it to stop the speed, and I mean "speed" of Anahuac.

exbccards76'smom
09-27-2003, 08:54 AM
We are getting better each week that goes bye. The sophs are improving and starting to believe that they can win. Just remember, 14 seconds is all that seperated a win from a loss for us. But that was important lesson for the team...don't stop playing till the whistle blows!!

BIGRED001
09-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Well, the way I see it. A precurser for things to happen with Anahuac may just come next week. Anahuac is a good team, but they will be playing HF next week. It's still early in the district race, but it still may be somewhat of an indicator of how BC and Anahuac will match up. This was an absolutely great win for the Cardinals, and I see this as a stepping stone to continue the tradition of winning at BC. There are still some viable teams in the district, but if we play like we did last night, it looks like a 6-3 team will face off against Anahuac.

Backwoods
09-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Old Card: How can yoy have a third string with only 27 playerd 2 1/2 string maybe? eek!

Old Cardinal
09-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Backwoods that is just great(haha)! Guess we were playing 5--- 3rd stringers and 6 second stringers....We did have another new Sophomore(10th or 11th), Collin Briggs dressed out and playing first time, he had suffered a crushed pelvic bone and has reconditioned himself and did an outstanding job at inside linebacker....To Hardinplaya, H-F is just as good as Liberty, or maybe better, let me assure you, it's just that BC has a bunch of young skilled boys that have gained experience and are getting closer to gelling. As for Hardin, you claimed they were going to stomp a hole in everyone--What happened?...BC, will go 7-0 in District and will beat Anahuac(they will also stomp Hardin, I fear). Anahuac was just like you-- claiming, as the season began, that 21-3A was their victims-to-be: they did not even get a Playoff spot. I think their big mouth again this year, could cause them another playoff spot....Hardinplaya, I have seen both Liberty and H-F play a football game, you have not seen both of them play--I will stick with my opinion based on that fact alone!

BH_146
09-27-2003, 08:20 PM
The Anahuac-HF game will be interesting especially since it will be played at Hamshire. Anahuac has played possibly the 3 weakest teams in the area the last 3 weeks. (And I know, it is not done intentionally. Sometimes that's just the way it plays out.) So will this hurt them? How will the Panthers react if they get behind? Will panic set in? Just curious.

With that being said, Anahuac has the speed and I think the speedy Panthers will end up victorious. Especially if the Horns are as generous as they were in BC.

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-27-2003, 09:20 PM
I was looking at the stats on the Anahuac vs Buna game and noticed Buna had 7 1st downs to Anahuacs 9 the big difference in that game was Buna had 8 fumbles and lost 7 of them. It does not seem as though Anahuac was that dominant. I am also curious to see how Anahuac does with HF. I am not saying Anahuac doesn't have all kinds of talent I just do not think they have been challenged as of yet.Anahuac also had 13 penalties for 95 yards that seems like a discipline problem to me could hurt you against a good team.

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: ALLSPORTSGUY ]</small>

Old Cardinal
09-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Interesting anaylsis ALLSPORTSGUY.....You were looking a tier deeper than just the score...I had totally missed that critical element of the game.... I talked with a Coach from Vidor who scrimmaged and beat Anahuac, and he said that Anahuac has 11 great players-- period. I really am not worried that far in advance, when we are ALL hobbled a bit, by seasons end. We will just have to wait it out and see what happens. Right now I am more interested in John Modica and several ace receivers out of Orangefield....I cannot predict a win out of the Anahuac vs H-F contest; but I think H-F will stand up pretty well, they have a great attitude!

X21AAAPlayer
09-27-2003, 10:35 PM
ALLSPORTSGUY:
I was looking at the stats on the Anahuac vs Buna game and noticed Buna had 7 1st downs to Anahuacs 9 the big difference in that game was Buna had 8 fumbles and lost 7 of them. It does not seem as though Anahuac was that dominant. I am also curious to see how Anahuac does with HF. I am not saying Anahuac doesn't have all kinds of talent I just do not think they have been challenged as of yet.Anahuac also had 13 penalties for 95 yards that seems like a discipline problem to me could hurt you against a good team.eek! 8 FUMBLES!!! Goodness Im sure someone is going to have a rough week of practice ahead of them.

xlr8tor
09-27-2003, 11:19 PM
Old Cardinal:
Interesting anaylsis ALLSPORTSGUY.....You were looking a tier deeper than just the score...I had totally missed that critical element of the game.... I talked with a Coach from Vidor who scrimmaged and beat Anahuac, and he said that Anahuac has 11 great players-- period. I really am not worried that far in advance, when we are ALL hobbled a bit, by seasons end. We will just have to wait it out and see what happens. Right now I am more interested in John Modica and several ace receivers out of Orangefield....I cannot predict a win out of the Anahuac vs H-F contest; but I think H-F will stand up pretty well, they have a great attitude!Old Card, I'm not saying overlook them, but I wouldn't worry too awful much about Orangefield. I haven't seen BC play other than TV highlights. But I did see Orangefield play a, um, less than mediocre Kountze team last night. I expected more from Orangefield. Their passing game was nothing special, and thier running game was somewhat lacking also, until the end of the game when they put a small speedy back in. Orangefield took care of business, but I expected them to hang a lot more on Kountze with the passing attack they are supposed to have. For BC vs. Orangefield, I'll go with BC by 14 at least. I'm not for sure Orangfield will even make the playoffs if they do not play any better than they did Friday. But, maybe Orangefield was overlooking Kountze, and had an off night. Anyway, just my take.

bccards
09-27-2003, 11:27 PM
This will be the 4th Bayou Bowl. Orangefield has always played BC much tougher than anyone can imagine! The past 2 years, I believe BC was only leading 7-0 at halftime! Usually BC wears them down in the second half then it's off to the races. Bridge City currently owns the series since 2000 3-0, with a 3 year combined score of 95-6.

2000:
BC 35
OField 6

2001:
BC 24
OField 0

2002:
BC 36
OField 0

I Believe the Bobcats will be playing very tough this coming Friday, as they have always done so with BC! Will be a good game.

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

X21AAAPlayer
09-27-2003, 11:57 PM
bccards:
This will be the 4th Bayou Bowl. Orangefield has always played BC much tougher than anyone can imagine! The past 2 years, I believe BC was only leading 7-0 at halftime! Usually BC wears them down in the second half then it's off to the races. Bridge City currently owns the series since 2000 3-0, with a 3 year combined score of 95-6.

2000:
BC 35
OField 6

2001:
BC 24
OField 0

2002:
BC 36
OField 0

I Believe the Bobcats will be playing very tough this coming Friday, as they have always done so with BC! Will be a good game.Correction. Last year we were leading by 28 at half time. Then we had a safety and a touchdown with a failed pat in the third. By that time the JV we brought up had all lettered with vauluable playing time. Too bad those guys quit the team this year. Well most of them anyway.

Bobkat
09-28-2003, 12:46 AM
I haven't said to much this year regarding my Bobcats, but I wanted to comment on something that was posted earlier in this thread. As far as the Kountze game last night, Orangefield was very, and I mean very Vanilla on offense. I would almost bet my house that we only ran a total of six different plays all night. We didn't have to run anything else, we could have kept running off tackle all night. Why show BC anything more than we did. I guarantee those BC scouts at the game had an easy time charting what we were running. Whether or not this is a playoff team, who knows. The next three weeks will be key for the Cats with Bridge City, Anahuac and Hamshire Fannett in a row. If they can win two out of three, wonderful, but even one win out of those three and then winning out could put them in the playoffs. I never said this was a playoff team and only time will tell. This team is not near as talented as last years and lacks team speed, but what they do better than last years team is play together. If we can put a whole game together, this bunch can play with any team in the district. That hasn't happen yet this year, I just hope it happens this Friday.

BIGRED001
09-28-2003, 10:02 AM
I think Orangefield will play Bridge City a tough game. Dating back to 1983, I can't remember a Bobcat team that did not play BC just nails tough. We have smoked them continously for years, but they always come ready to play. The Bobcats are one team I would never overlook. They will be playing there hearts out, that will be for sure. My prediction is that the Bobcats will play with BC for about 2 quarters, and then we will wear them down, and it's off to the races.

exbccards76'smom
09-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Our guys are not taking anyone lightly. Orangefield is gonna be loaded for bear...I mean,cardinal. Good luck this week, guys. Play like ya' did last week and you'll have another win. :D

http://www.trianglefootball.net/BridgeCity.gif

<small>[ September 28, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: exbccards76'smom ]</small>

eagle08
09-28-2003, 09:44 PM
My prediction is BC by at least 21.

3ABirdMan
09-28-2003, 10:22 PM
I haven't seen O'field this year, but I feel BC is underated in everyone's opinion who looks at records only. This may not be a state-contending team, but they are looking better at every turn. I expect them to start turning some heads soon. wink

I think BC will come home Friday night with "W" #2! BUT - I WILL NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE MY BOBCAT NEIGHBORS FROM JUST DOWN THE ROAD! :D They have heart and fight, and will be ready for BC when we come to town!

I look for a knock-down drag-out, and if OF gets their passing game going, they just could come out on top. For 2 years now, Tarver's pass defense seems to be the last phase of the game to come together, and OF could exploit that this early in the season.

Good luck to both teams, and may we both come away injury-free!

exbccards76'smom
09-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Just want to tell everyone to get there early. Not much seating at Orangefield. Personnally, I gonna bring a chair and sit next to the fence.

http://www.trianglefootball.net/BridgeCity.gif