PDA

View Full Version : Elderly Oregon Woman Stuck in Bathtub Waits 5 Days for Rescue

BuffyMars
04-04-2008, 10:07 AM
ok, so lady stuck on toilet--check. lady stuck in bathtub--check. next week, lady stuck in sink.

An elderly woman survived a harrowing ordeal after becoming trapped in her bathtub and waiting five days before help arrived on Saturday, FOX 12 in Oregon reported.

The Beaverton, Ore., woman lives alone at Westbury Apartments, and was only rescued after her daughter, who lives out of the area, hadn’t heard from her in several days. The unidentified woman’s daughter called the apartment manager, who had maintenance workers break the lock on the apartment door, FOX 12 reported.

The workers found the woman crying out from her bathtub. Her neighbor, Ryan Green, told FOX 12 he often helps her when she struggles to get up and down the stairs, but never thought she would get stuck in her tub.

"I don't know how anyone could get on for five days like that," Green told FOX 12. "Did she grab a towel to keep herself warm? I mean, can you imagine, five days, sitting in a tub?"

Green told FOX 12 that he always knew his neighbor was tough but is still surprised she survived for five days in that predicament.

The woman was taken to Providence Hospital. There is no word on her condition.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Man....talk about getting the pruny hands...

Ranger Mom
04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Man....talk about getting the pruny hands...

Talk about getting..."dirty water"!!! YUCK!!!

nobogey72
04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm bettin that she was real wrinkled, but very clean.;)

Ranger Mom
04-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I'm bettin that she was real wrinkled, but very clean.;)

Clean?!?!?!

You don't think she went to the "bathroom" in those 5 days??????

pirate4state
04-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Poor lady :(

I know this is juvenile of me, but I can't stop laughing at "Beaverton" :D :D Kinda out of it this morning....all of a sudden I have Beavis & Butthead running through my head. :crazy1:

BuffyMars
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Clean?!?!?!

You don't think she went to the "bathroom" in those 5 days??????

that was my thought.

dis-gust-ting.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-04-2008, 01:42 PM
I would imagine that she let the water out of the tub once she realized she couldn't get out...

Sweetwater Red
04-04-2008, 01:50 PM
If she didn't have enough strength to pull herself out of the
bath tub, she should've never been living alone in the first place.:thinking: :(

jlg043
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
wonder what she had to drink during that time?:D

ronwx5x
04-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
wonder what she had to drink during that time?:D

Should be plenty of tap water available in a tub. :doh:

jlg043
04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
i know dude how gross lol... dirty tub water:doh:

PHS Wildcats
04-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If she didn't have enough strength to pull herself out of the
bath tub, she should've never been living alone in the first place.:thinking: :(

I agree