PDA

View Full Version : Southlake Carrol caught cheating! Has to forfeit games!

Emerson1
04-03-2008, 09:58 PM
From DFW Varsity.com

Carroll forfeits district victory

Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Southake Carroll baseball team forfeited its March 11 district victory against Keller Central for using an ineligible player, coach Larry Hughes said Thursday. The Dragons will also forfeit every non-district game that the player played in. "I don’t know how many non-district games he played, but it’s all or close to all," Hughes said. "The important thing for us, though, is the district game and we’re going to forfeit that. The question of his eligibility arised the morning after our first district game and he hasn’t played since." The player was a senior move-in and lived with a legal guardian. Hughes thought he was eligible because he was living with a legal guardian. However, the UIL rule states that a player a must sit out a year if he moves in with a legal guardian. "He didn’t move to Southlake for athletic purposes, but that didn’t matter," Hughes said. "It was my mistake because I didn’t understand the rule. If he would’ve moved here with his parents, he would have been eligible." With the forfeit, the Dragons are 5-2 in District 5-5A, placing them in a tie for first with Keller (13-7, 5-2). "The only consolation is that we are still tied for first," Hughes said. "These things usually happen at the end of the season and ruin the entire season. But if I would’ve known the rule, it wouldn’t have mattered. I take responsibility for it."

- Drew Davison

it's baseball, so who cares :p

kaorder1999
04-04-2008, 09:07 AM
uh oh! Not a good week for the Dragons....

Adidas410s
04-04-2008, 09:19 AM
What else has happened at SLC? Did Coach Ford come in and out recruit them again? :p

kaorder1999
04-04-2008, 09:20 AM
elementary school is being investigated for their TAKS testing procedures or something....principal has resigned i believe

BobcatBenny
04-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What else has happened at SLC? Did Coach Ford come in and out recruit them again? :p
I am trying to hate, but you have really got to love this guy! :inlove: