PDA

View Full Version : Local high school football games shown on TV?

waterboy
04-03-2008, 04:06 PM
How many towns show some love for their local high school football team(s) by broadcasting their games, tape-delayed (or live), on their local cable? Just curious.

I miss football! In Gilmer, both the local cable companies show the Buckeye games tape-delayed on Saturdays following Thursday or Friday night games, and Sundays after Saturday games. I've got nearly every game on VHS dating back to '03. I know...........VHS is so '80s, but it works for me.

kepdawg
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Denison, Sherman, and The Colony are rebroadcast on local cable.

Looking4number8
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Brownwood has two cable companies. The oldest one shows replays during football season on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. The new one shows the replay starting on tuesday and replays it continously all week untill the following game is ready.

Now that it is not football season, they (new cable company) still show games most of the week. They just pick a game and play it for a few days.

If it is not a BHS football game then it has a local college news show.

Personally I love it. I am hoping they get tapes of really old games and start showing them.

BobcatBenny
04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Well, with the price of fuel going up, it would sure help my budget. We could just send a bunch of cardboard cut outs with the cheerleaders so the stands look full of fans. :(

Then we can all just stay home, watch the game on TV and turn our orange to green. ;)

In Celina's case this cutout should work fine. I mean we are the biggest bunch of homer's I am aware of. :D

http://www.teesnthings.com/ProductImages/tv-show/simpsons-t-shirts/homer-simpson-cardboard-cutout.jpg

Necks_Fan
04-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I just watch HS sports live on channel 51 and they show highlights of the surrounfing areas games.

kepdawg
04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well, with the price of fuel going up, it would sure help my budget. We could just send a bunch of cardboard cut outs with the cheerleaders so the stands look full of fans. :(

Then we can all just stay home, watch the game on TV and turn our orange to green. ;)

In Celina's case this cutout should work fine. I mean we are the biggest bunch of homer's I am aware of. :D

http://www.teesnthings.com/ProductImages/tv-show/simpsons-t-shirts/homer-simpson-cardboard-cutout.jpg

Shouldn't he be orange!

DU_stud04
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
sweetwater usually does midway the next week. it wouldn't surprise me if my dad has every game on vhs going back to the 80's....

Old Tiger
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I think the Rockdale/Cameron game in the late 90's was televised.

BobcatBenny
04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Shouldn't he be orange!
All is right in the world now.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/homer-simpson-cardboard-cut.jpg

PHS Wildcats
04-03-2008, 07:40 PM
DFW area shows their "Game of the Week" on Saturday for both football and basketball including playoffs on TXA21

trojan37
04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I would like to see the downlow hook up with some cable/broadcasting company and televise a 3a game of the week. Get a couple of sponsors in with the deal and I bet it would take off big time.:D

waterboy
04-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I would like to see the downlow hook up with some cable/broadcasting company and televise a 3a game of the week. Get a couple of sponsors in with the deal and I bet it would take off big time.:D
Yeah. That's a good idea. It would be nice........to have the 3A Downlow game of the week on TV! I'm sure it would have enough interest. It would also give some of the players exposure........especially in some of the towns that don't ordinarily get very much exposure.:thumbsup:

kepdawg
04-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by trojan37

Just imagine how much fun it would be as people complain and argue about the selection for the game each week!

Sweetwater Red
04-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
sweetwater usually does midway the next week. it wouldn't surprise me if my dad has every game on vhs going back to the 80's....

If he does, we need to talk.:thinking: :D

LH Panther Mom
04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Just imagine how much fun it would be as people complain and argue about the selection for the game each week!
:hand: I can't imagine anyone on here complaining about a game of the week selection. :p

Sweetwater Red
04-04-2008, 10:45 AM

In that case they could make it "Games of the week". In HS and
college there is always more than one marquee game.

No, I don't think Sweetwater and Michigan vs. whoever is always
one of them.:D :devil:

DU_stud04
04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If he does, we need to talk.:thinking: :D last time i checked he had a whole book shelf full of tapes, all with either the cowboys, longhorns or mustangs games. ill have to check them out to see what all he has.