PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Liberty-Eylau

Sftball4Life
04-03-2008, 01:47 PM
I just got word that we've lost our softball mom too. So as you continue to pray for Norma and her family - please pray for the family of Sherry Shelby. She leaves behind a loving husband of 40 years, 4 children, numerous grandchildren, many extended family members, her softball family and several students (she was an English teacher). There are lots of broken hearts that need God's comfort.

pirate4state
04-03-2008, 01:50 PM
:(

I'm sorry to hear this. It's been a rough week. Continued prayers from the Sinton community.

injuredinmelee
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM
prayers from me.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Prayers for friends and family of both moms!!

waterboy
04-03-2008, 02:11 PM
That's just awful. Prayers go out from Gilmer.

44INAROW
04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
So sorry the the loss softball4life - sounds like a wonderful person.......:(

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm so sorry for the news and have extended my prayers. :(

zebrablue2
04-03-2008, 08:56 PM
prayers to the family. sad news.....

Sftball4Life
04-04-2008, 09:24 AM
The really scary thing in this situation is that the doctors believe Sherry's potassium level bottomed out, which caused an arrythmia (sp?) of her heart. It put her in cardiac arrest and her brain and heart couldn't get back in sync with each other until irreversable damage was already done.

All of this came from a really low potassium level (which occurs when you're dehydrated). A simple blood test would have given them all the information they needed to have easily corrected that. It's horrible.

So make sure you and all your athletes are staying well hydrated. Avocados, potatoes, bananas, broccoli, orange juice, soybeans, apricots, citrus fruits, cantaloupe, kiwi, prunes, milk and yogurt are all high in potassium.

Symptoms of low potassium: muscle cramps, muscle fatigue and weakness, irregular heartbeat, fatigue, mental confusion, irritability, abnormally dry skin, insatiable thirst, chills, depression, nausea and vomiting, nervousness, insomnia, diarrhea, low blood pressure, periodic headaches, salt retention, constipation, high cholesterol, edema and in extreme cases - cardiac arrest.

High sodium diets, profusely sweating, taking diuretics (Midol), excessively using laxatives - all will deplete the level of potassium in your body.

You also have to be careful not to have too much potassium because that can be dangerous as well. Your best bet is too make sure you're eating some fruits and vegetables, not so much sodium and keep your body well hydrated.

eppy 12
04-04-2008, 09:39 AM
prayers from kingsville:(