PDA

View Full Version : awwwwwwwwwww

BuffyMars
04-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Firefighter saves Claws the cat with CPR

MCCOMB, Miss. - Thanks to firefighter Jared Brister, Claws the cat has an extra life. The firefighter used cardiopulmonary resuscitation for 5 minutes after the cat passed out due to smoke inhalation.

Barbara Simmons had already lost one cat, Booger, during the Monday morning house fire and thought for sure Claws was a goner.

"He was not breathing," Brister said.

But Brister used the regulator from his air tank to feed the cat oxygen and started doing chest compressions with fellow firefighter Donnie Hodges assisting.

After a stay at the animal hospital, Claws, still smelling of smoke, was returned to Simmons on Tuesday.

"I can't thank him enough," Simmons said of Brister. "It's one thing to lose your possessions, but my animals are like a member of my family."

CHS_CG
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Firefighter saves Claws the cat with CPR

MCCOMB, Miss. - Thanks to firefighter Jared Brister, Claws the cat has an extra life. The firefighter used cardiopulmonary resuscitation for 5 minutes after the cat passed out due to smoke inhalation.

Barbara Simmons had already lost one cat, Booger, during the Monday morning house fire and thought for sure Claws was a goner.

"He was not breathing," Brister said.

But Brister used the regulator from his air tank to feed the cat oxygen and started doing chest compressions with fellow firefighter Donnie Hodges assisting.

After a stay at the animal hospital, Claws, still smelling of smoke, was returned to Simmons on Tuesday.

"I can't thank him enough," Simmons said of Brister. "It's one thing to lose your possessions, but my animals are like a member of my family."

I am such a sap when it comes to animals! I am glad the little cat is ok!:(

Ranger Mom
04-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Awwww!!

Funny story....my son and his wife have a black and white cat who wears a pink collar. She is always escaping to the great outdoors.

A couple of nights ago I was outside talking to my sister in law and she asked what "Bagera" (named after the jungle book cat) was doing outside.

I looked over there and sure enough, there she was by the corner of the house.

I went over and picked her up and noticed her collar was gone....she was purring away and I was asking her what happened to her collar.

I took her back in the house and was walking down the hall, and who was coming out of the kitchen?? Bagera!!!

I looked at the cat in my arms....and it was another black and white cat!!

We asked around to the neighbors the next day and nobody had ever seen it before....so we now have a new cat...Mojo!!

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I looked at the cat in my arms....and it was another black and white cat!!

hahaha...only you!:D

My reaction would have been to literally toss the one I was holding...just because it would have surprised and scared me. I would have probably let out a small scream too!:nerd:

Ranger Mom
04-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
hahaha...only you!:D

My reaction would have been to literally toss the one I was holding...just because it would have surprised and scared me. I would have probably let out a small scream too!:nerd:

But he was purring!!! In hindsight, I probably should have thrown him out....Bagera and my two dogs terrorize him!!