PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
I just got a call from the LH Police Chief. THEY FOUND MY HUSBAND'S CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn't have the exact location yet, other than it was abandoned in Hamilton County and the Sheriff/PD there will get back with him shortly for more details.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
yay hopefully it doesn't smell of urine :eek: :eek:

NastySlot
04-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I just got a call from the LH Police Chief. THEY FOUND MY HUSBAND'S CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn't have the exact location yet, other than it was abandoned in Hamilton County and the Sheriff/PD there will get back with him shortly for more details.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

so has it been missing?

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
so has it been missing?
Yes, it was stolen out of our driveway Monday while I was in Austin interviewing. (Lots of folks thought it was an April Fools' joke. :( )

Ranger Mom
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Yes, it was stolen out of our driveway Monday while I was in Austin interviewing. (Lots of folks thought it was an April Fools' joke. :( )

I'm still almost scared to 100% believe it!!:p

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm still almost scared to 100% believe it!!:p
If you had seen Adam's face Monday and the sadness, you would. Even though Malcom told him it wasn't his fault, I don't think he believes it.

44INAROW
04-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I hope it's in good condition.... hopefully whoever stole it just needed and ride and didn't do anything to do..... keep us posted ;)

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hope it's in good condition.... hopefully whoever stole it just needed and ride and didn't do anything to do..... keep us posted ;)

I wouldn't get my hopes up as to what condition it is in ... I remember getting my son's truck back after it was stolen...horrible things had been done to it.

I hope you are right 44inarow.

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 03:49 PM
From the message we got while I was in town, it doesn't sound like whoever was through with it. :thinking: The keys were gone and it was locked. It's at a towing place just North of Hamilton....just waiting on the claims lady to call me back to let us know next steps. Don't know the condition, yet. BLAH

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2008, 03:52 PM
From the message we got while I was in town, it doesn't sound like whoever was through with it. :thinking: The keys were gone and it was locked. It's at a towing place just North of Hamilton....just waiting on the claims lady to call me back to let us know next steps. Don't know the condition, yet. BLAH

I hope that is the case....be prepared to take cash.

BuffyMars
04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
i'm glad you are getting it back, but the whole thing just bothers me. especially, since it looked like whoever had taken it wasn't exactly through with it!!

i just can't fathom the need to steal from someone else. :hairpunk:

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
i'm glad you are getting it back, but the whole thing just bothers me. especially, since it looked like whoever had taken it wasn't exactly through with it!!

i just can't fathom the need to steal from someone else. :hairpunk:
Yeah, it bothers me a BUNCH. We live in a nice quiet little neighborhood where nothing much happens. Either a) someone has watched our house long enough to sort of learn patterns; b) someone watched it Monday morning from about 7:30 to after I left shortly after 9; or c) they actually came to take stuff from the garage that was locked (odd for weekday) and settled on the Explorer. :mad: Any or all piss me off.

kepdawg
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it bothers me a BUNCH. We live in a nice quiet little neighborhood where nothing much happens. Either a) someone has watched our house long enough to sort of learn patterns; b) someone watched it Monday morning from about 7:30 to after I left shortly after 9; or c) they actually came to take stuff from the garage that was locked (odd for weekday) and settled on the Explorer. :mad: Any or all piss me off.

I bet when you get it back there will be an April Fools Note from p4!

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I know what y'all are saying about it bothering you...BUT, if in fact they weren't finished with it, they didn't have time to strip it or just do random damage.:thinking:

might also mean that they didn't clean off any fingerprints yet...:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I bet when you get it back there will be an April Fools Note from p4!
:doh: :doh: Yeah......the nerve of her. :D

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I know what y'all are saying about it bothering you...BUT, if in fact they weren't finished with it, they didn't have time to strip it or just do random damage.:thinking:

might also mean that they didn't clean off any fingerprints yet...:thinking:
Unfortunately, from what our Police Chief told me, unless we have a suspect in mind, fingerprints probably won't be much help. It was used when he got it last summer, so no telling how many sets there are. :( Unless, of course, some doofus is looking for it wherever he left it.

eppy 12
04-03-2008, 04:26 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/ForensicFilesTitle.jpg

BuffyMars
04-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Unfortunately, from what our Police Chief told me, unless we have a suspect in mind, fingerprints probably won't be much help. It was used when he got it last summer, so no telling how many sets there are. :( Unless, of course, some doofus is looking for it wherever he left it.

ohhhhhhhhhhh my word! that sucks! :mad:

i seriously hope they catch the little perp!

Necks_Fan
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Wow. I had no idea. I hope it's in good shape. My uncle's truck got stolen and they had taken the wheels, radio, some cash, and a few minor other things. The scariest part was that my uncle is diabetic and his insulin was in the truck and he had none for a while.

lostaussie
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: if they found in on my old deer lease just west of Shive...................I'm not guilty:D

ronwx5x
04-03-2008, 07:24 PM

Well that's just so not true. I've seen CSI and the screen always flashes "MATCH" and they get their man (woman?).

BuffyMars
04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Well that's just so not true. I've seen CSI and the screen always flashes "MATCH" and they get their man (woman?).

the screen wants to light a cigarette???

Emerson1
04-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Our neighbor had his f350 stolen out of his driveway last week.

We had a riding lawn mower and tiller taken from our backyard and CD's from inside our cars

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
LOL! :D

BuffyMars
04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Our neighbor had his f350 stolen out of his driveway last week.

We had a riding lawn mower and tiller taken from our backyard and CD's from inside our cars

well that just worries me. i hardly ever lock my car. looks like i will be locking it from this point on out.

that's why we moved here and not to the city, because we wanted to still "feel" like we are in a small town. and we knew the crime wouldn't be as "much" of a factor....we obviously realize crime is everywhere, but with smaller towns, less population=less crazies :crazy1: .

LH Panther Mom
04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, if we ever find out who took it, it will not be pretty! Almost $2800 in body damage and we have no clue about the inside, the mechanics and/or our personal belongings that were in it. :mad:

pirate4state
04-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Well, if we ever find out who took it, it will not be pretty! Almost $2800 in body damage and we have no clue about the inside, the mechanics and/or our personal belongings that were in it. :mad:

So, are you ever gonna be able to determine the rest of the damage?? I guess I mean to ask will the insurance company assess the damage or just try and buy you off with the body damage? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
04-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So, are you ever gonna be able to determine the rest of the damage?? I guess I mean to ask will the insurance company assess the damage or just try and buy you off with the body damage? :thinking:
They didn't have a key to look inside and don't have the mechanic knowledge, but yes. The Mercury dealer (yeah, it's a Ford, but......) has their body shop across the street from the dealership, so they will assess to see if there's inside damage, then the mechanic will look at the motor. Insurance will go from there, once they receive updated estimates.

Of course, any non-vehicle belongings that may be missing will be another story because it will have to go through HO. :(