PDA

View Full Version : Police: Baby Born in Texas Middle School Bathroom Dies in Flush Attempt

BuffyMars
04-03-2008, 09:30 AM
BAYTOWN, Texas — A 14-year-old Texas teenager on Wednesday gave birth in the bathroom of a middle school but the baby died when the mother allegedly tried to flush it, MyFOXHouston.com reports.

Police said the student told counselors she had given birth and attempted to flush the baby inside a restroom at Cedar Bayou Jr. High School, the story says.

The teen was taken to the hospital and reported to be in stable condition.

CHS_CG
04-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
BAYTOWN, Texas — A 14-year-old Texas teenager on Wednesday gave birth in the bathroom of a middle school but the baby died when the mother allegedly tried to flush it, MyFOXHouston.com reports.

Police said the student told counselors she had given birth and attempted to flush the baby inside a restroom at Cedar Bayou Jr. High School, the story says.

The teen was taken to the hospital and reported to be in stable condition.

I heard that last night on the news! They said they could hear the baby crying.. HEARTLESS WITCH! I dont care what her excuse is there is NO EXCUSE for trying to flush a NEWBORN BABY AND CONTINUE TO DO IT WHILE THE BABY IS CRYING! Just makes me sick!

charlesrixey
04-03-2008, 09:38 AM
:(

pirate4state
04-03-2008, 10:01 AM
:dispntd: :helpme:

kaorder1999
04-03-2008, 10:04 AM
sad, sad , sad

jockcity33
04-03-2008, 10:12 AM
who could hear the baby crying and why did they not rush in and attempt to save the baby???

CHS_CG
04-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
who could hear the baby crying and why did they not rush in and attempt to save the baby???

I dont remember who they said. But thats what tipped them off bc they could hear the baby crying.

STANG RED
04-03-2008, 11:26 AM
:confused: You would think that a baby crying at a Jr. High would get a lot of attention. This makes no sense to me.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:confused: You would think that a baby crying at a Jr. High would get a lot of attention. This makes no sense to me.

Here is what I read from another source

"We understand that the baby was alive when it was born and that the girl attempted to flush the child down the toilet. The child died as a result of these actions," said Lt. Eric Freed of the Baytown Police Department.

Another student who walked into the restroom heard the baby crying and ran to get the nurse and assistant principal. But by the time they arrived, officials said, it was too late.

Link to story (http://www.click2houston.com/news/15773665/detail.html)

Silverback 04
04-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I can hardly contain my anger over this story. A 14 year old girl should not have the opportunity to get pregnant regardless of the circumstances. I saw an 8th grade girl going to the junior/senior prom recently and the mother who was buying her dress seemed so proud that some junior had asked her to go, and she let her. I have 3 daughters and I can tell you that they are in to all of the normal teenage things including athletics. I know i make my share of parental mistakes but not one time before the age of 16 will they ever be alone with a guy, period! A 14 year old girl should not ever be with a guy by herself long enough for that to happen. Parents need to start being parents again and stop trying to be friends with their kids. I know I'm going to take grief over this but I DON"T CARE!! this is the 3rd story in 2 weeks i read where a 14 year old or kid or younger has given birth under some maniacal circumstance. Crazy!

piratebg
04-03-2008, 02:37 PM
For once, I really don't know what to say other than I'm speechless. :(

CHS_CG
04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
I can hardly contain my anger over this story. A 14 year old girl should not have the opportunity to get pregnant regardless of the circumstances. I saw an 8th grade girl going to the junior/senior prom recently and the mother who was buying her dress seemed so proud that some junior had asked her to go, and she let her. I have 3 daughters and I can tell you that they are in to all of the normal teenage things including athletics. I know i make my share of parental mistakes but not one time before the age of 16 will they ever be alone with a guy, period! A 14 year old girl should not ever be with a guy by herself long enough for that to happen. Parents need to start being parents again and stop trying to be friends with their kids. I know I'm going to take grief over this but I DON"T CARE!! this is the 3rd story in 2 weeks i read where a 14 year old or kid or younger has given birth under some maniacal circumstance. Crazy!

I completely agree.. If they dont file charges on the girl they need to file charges on the parents...

Actually saying that made me think of a story I heard yesterday on the radio...

A group of like 11 3RD GRADERS plotted to KILL THEIR TEACHER because she told one of them to get off a chair. I will search around and see if I can find the entire story but I know their plot included a broken steak knife and duck type.

kepdawg
04-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I completely agree.. If they dont file charges on the girl they need to file charges on the parents...

Actually saying that made me think of a story I heard yesterday on the radio...

A group of like 11 3RD GRADERS plotted to KILL THEIR TEACHER because she told one of them to get off a chair. I will search around and see if I can find the entire story but I know their plot included a broken steak knife and duck type.

Buffy put the 3rd grade story up yesterday:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80256&highlight=graders

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Step back and think about your friends for a second. :)

I think it's a very sad situation, both for the baby and the 14-year old. :(

zebrablue2
04-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04

agreed, and well put...

Phantom Stang
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Step back and think about your friends for a second. :)

I think it's a very sad situation, both for the baby and the 14-year old. :(
Agreed;) and agreed:(

PHS Wildcats
04-03-2008, 07:43 PM
:eek: :(

Sad that is what the world is coming too.

GreenGobbla
04-03-2008, 08:07 PM
it is sad

sahen
04-03-2008, 08:23 PM
im from baytown...i didnt go to that junior high though...crazy...

CHSfan
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
this is just like the teenage girl who gave birth to a still born on an airplane and claimed she had no idea she was even pregnant......this is horrible....if i were to have a kid at my age..even though i am older than these girls i still could not live with myself if i tryed to flush my kid down the toilet!! and the girl that gave birth on the airplane and left it in the trash can didnt even get charges pressed on her because they proved that the baby was dead when she gave birth....not only is this wrong but the girls could have been seriously hurt..i know ppl who have been almost killed in labor and they did this by themselves???

IHStangFan
04-03-2008, 11:47 PM
I heard that last night on the news! They said they could hear the baby crying.. HEARTLESS WITCH! I dont care what her excuse is there is NO EXCUSE for trying to flush a NEWBORN BABY AND CONTINUE TO DO IT WHILE THE BABY IS CRYING! Just makes me sick! Amen....I'd like to throw bricks at this idiot until she stopped moving. :mad:

Johnny 5
04-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Amen....I'd like to throw bricks at this idiot until she stopped moving. :mad:

Maybe try and flush her down the toilet while she screams and cries . . . :mad:

Ranger Mom
04-04-2008, 08:46 AM
What I don't understand was where the parents were during all this? Did they know? Did she have any prenatal care?

If you are going to carry a baby to term that you don't want, why not just give it up for adoption? There are so many good people who want children who can't have any themselves.

This whole thing just makes me sick!

pirate4state
04-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What I don't understand was where the parents were during all this? Did they know? Did she have any prenatal care?

If you are going to carry a baby to term that you don't want, why not just give it up for adoption? There are so many good people who want children who can't have any themselves.

This whole thing just makes me sick!

AMEN!

It kills me that hundreds/thousands/millions of good people WANT kids and can't have them. :(

It always seems like it's the young & stupid having kids they don't WANT!!!

All these young & stupid kids need to watch Juno

Rocket
04-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Please tell me the difference in this and abortion? Oh I think I understand, it's ok to kill the baby as long as it isn't "officially" born...

pirate4state
04-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Please tell me the difference in this and abortion? Oh I think I understand, it's ok to kill the baby as long as it isn't "officially" born... :doh: :doh:

This really isn't the forum to have this discussion.

ronwx5x
04-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Please tell me the difference in this and abortion? Oh I think I understand, it's ok to kill the baby as long as it isn't "officially" born...

Who said it is OK either way? Certainly not on this board. Oh, maybe you think it is OK?

DaHop72
04-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

If you are going to carry a baby to term that you don't want, why not just give it up for adoption? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BuffyMars
04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
AMEN!

It kills me that hundreds/thousands/millions of good people WANT kids and can't have them. :(

It always seems like it's the young & stupid having kids they don't WANT!!!

All these young & stupid kids need to watch Juno

yup! i was adopted by a family who could not have kids. :)

and if terry and i decide to not have bio kids of our own, we still want to adopt.

i personally still want to adopt vince young, but we have had a hard time getting his mom to sign off on the papers. i don't know what her problem is!