PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna be AA

WoodvilleFan
01-06-2004, 04:27 PM
If the rumors hold Woodville will be AA. That will be just another slap to small towns that are dying. Woodville has lost over 60 students in highschool in the last two years. No telling how many K-8. Can I stay on the AAA downlow as a AA?

<small>[ January 06, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: WoodvilleFan ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
01-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Where is Woodville and why are you losing kids??

duckbutter
01-06-2004, 04:57 PM
But just think, your good freinds from the east will be dropping down with you and will most likely even be in the same district. Now won't that be fun. :D

duckbutter
01-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Woodville is about 35 miles west of Jasper.

3afan2K3
01-06-2004, 05:03 PM
WoodvilleFan:
Can I stay on the AAA downlow as a AA?Ya, two of our moderators I think are from 4A schools and they are still around

20dawgz05
01-06-2004, 05:08 PM
WoodvilleFan:
If the rumors hold Woodville will be AA. That will be just another slap to small towns that are dying. Woodville has lost over 60 students in highschool in the last two years. No telling how many K-8. Can I stay on the AAA downlow as a AA?we will send some of our kids... ok?? lol j/k

Bandera YaYa
01-06-2004, 05:21 PM
20dawgz05:

WoodvilleFan:
If the rumors hold Woodville will be AA. That will be just another slap to small towns that are dying. Woodville has lost over 60 students in highschool in the last two years. No telling how many K-8. Can I stay on the AAA downlow as a AA?we will send some of our kids... ok?? lol j/k...now that's funny!!

WoodvilleFan
01-06-2004, 05:49 PM
duckbutter:
But just think, your good freinds from the east will be dropping down with you and will most likely even be in the same district. Now won't that be fun. :D Woodville and Newton have been in the same district as long as I can remember. We used to have some great games with Newton when we had Melvin Houston as head coach. We have had 6 straight nonwinning seasons and have forgotten how good it feels to win. We are reassigning our coach but the super is supposedly promoting from within. Can you believe that we are promoting someone from within a losing program. If you are going to change, make a change don't shuffle people.

<small>[ January 10, 2004, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: WoodvilleFan ]</small>

Wildcat81
01-06-2004, 06:06 PM
I remember Kirbyville playing Woodville as long as I can remember.

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Wildcat81:
I remember Kirbyville playing Woodville as long as I can remember.Seems to me that Woodville, Newton, Kirbyville, Buna have always been in the same district. I know that occasionally that is not true but I bet over the last 20 years we have been together 75% of the time.

Hey Duckbutter, our board president told my dad that the super says Newton will stay AAA. I don't see how this can be true. Woodville turned in 359 and Newton 366. I know we will not know for sure what realignment holds until Feb. but I thought this was an odd statement.

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Wildcat81,

Kirbyville had a good running back around '86 and I can't remember his name. I want to say Dexter Thomas. He was before Butch. If you have any idea who I am talking about I would appreciate a name. I remember he ran flat over our safety (who was pretty good) right in the middle of Wildcat stadium.

<small>[ January 10, 2004, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: WoodvilleFan ]</small>

Junkyard
01-07-2004, 09:59 AM
duckbutter:
Woodville is about 35 miles west of Jasper.More like 24 miles but who is counting? :D

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Where is Woodville and why are you losing kids??Woodville has lost a large employer and the timber industry has supposedly slowed. Young families can't find work and are relocating to find decent jobs. Wal-Mart at 5.15/hr is not a good job reguardless of what there P.R. department says. Woodville is roughly 60 north of Beaumont. I live in Woodville and commute to Beaumont everyday.

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Anybody heard about our coaching situation?

<small>[ January 07, 2004, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: WoodvilleFan ]</small>

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 10:49 AM
double post.

spiveyrat
01-07-2004, 12:23 PM
WoodvilleFan:

Bandera YaYa:
Where is Woodville and why are you losing kids??Woodville has lost a large employer and the timber industry has supposedly slowed. Young families can't find work and are relocating to find decent jobs. Wal-Mart at 5.15/hr is not a good job reguardless of what there P.R. department says. Woodville is roughly 60 north of Beaumont. I live in Woodville and commute to Beaumont everyday.Whew! That's a LOT of miles on your car. Hope you are driving a 4 banger. If not, your gas bill must be astronomical.

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 12:31 PM
spiveyrat:

WoodvilleFan:

Bandera YaYa:
Where is Woodville and why are you losing kids??Woodville has lost a large employer and the timber industry has supposedly slowed. Young families can't find work and are relocating to find decent jobs. Wal-Mart at 5.15/hr is not a good job reguardless of what there P.R. department says. Woodville is roughly 60 north of Beaumont. I live in Woodville and commute to Beaumont everyday.Whew! That's a LOT of miles on your car. Hope you are driving a 4 banger. If not, your gas bill must be astronomical.4 banger 28 miles/gallon.

Cat22
01-07-2004, 02:59 PM
WoodvilleFan:

Wildcat81:
I remember Kirbyville playing Woodville as long as I can remember.Seems to me that Woodville, Newton, Kirbyville, Buna have always been in the same district. I know that occasionally that is not true but I bet over the last 20 years we have been together 75% of the time.

Hey Duckbutter, our board president told my dad that the super says Newton will stay AAA. I don't see how this can be true. Woodville turned in 359 and Newton 366. I know we will not know for sure what realignment holds until Feb. but I thought this was an odd statement.Orangefield has been in the same district with you guys alot too. OF and Buna have been in the same district for as long as I can remember.

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Cat22:

WoodvilleFan:

Wildcat81:

Hey Duckbutter, our board president told my dad that the super says Newton will stay AAA. I don't see how this can be true. Woodville turned in 359 and Newton 366. I know we will not know for sure what realignment holds until Feb. but I thought this was an odd statement.Orangefield has been in the same district with you guys alot too. OF and Buna have been in the same district for as long as I can remember.You are right Cat22, I didn't mean to leave out O'field. That group or combination of that group (Woodville, Newton, Kirbyville, Buna, O'field and even Kountze) have played lot's of district games against each other. With this new alignment we may split AA (Woodville, Kountze, Newton) and AAA. I will be interesting in Feb.

3afan2K3
01-07-2004, 04:57 PM
WoodvilleFan:
double post.Why did you put that

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 05:12 PM
3afan2K3:

WoodvilleFan:
double post.Why did you put thatI accidentally posted the same thing twice and the board wouldn't let me delete the second post or leave it blank so I just wrote double post.

duckbutter
01-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Woodville has athletes just a good as Newton does but have been lacking in the coaching department for a few yrs. I'll take great coaching over athletes any day.

WoodvilleFan
01-10-2004, 04:25 PM
ttt for answer to question for Wildcat '81