PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod makes more than the 33-member Marlins squad combined

kaorder1999
04-02-2008, 06:01 PM
A-Rod could pay Marlins' salaries, still have $6 million left

Alex Rodriguez might be laughing in this photo, but I swear this isn't an April Fool's joke. The Associated Press just did a study of baseball's contracts and found that the Yankees third baseman makes more than the entire roster of the Florida Marlins combined.

Not by a little, either.

At $28 million a year, A-Rod makes much more than the 33-member Marlins opening day squad (a total that includes its disabled list), which will take home a relatively shallow pool of $21.8 million in 2008.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Love him or hate him, he's a gooood businessman.

trojan37
04-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I saw this on Mike and Mike this morning. Jason Giambi also makes more than the entire Marlins roster. A-Rod is a money making machine for sure, but Mike Golic brought up a good point this morning. How many World Series Championships does A-Rod have, and how many do the Marlins, with their highly underpaid roster have?

eagles_victory
04-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I saw this on Mike and Mike this morning. Jason Giambi also makes more than the entire Marlins roster. A-Rod is a money making machine for sure, but Mike Golic brought up a good point this morning. How many World Series Championships does A-Rod have, and how many do the Marlins, with their highly underpaid roster have? The Marlins did have a bigger payroll on the 97 and 03 teams. It wasnt as high as Yankees or Red Sox granted but these guys on the 97 and 03 Marlins were defintely not stiffs.

zebrablue2
04-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Love him or hate him, he's a gooood businessman.

with a very rich agent...

FutureAD
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
that is some crazy amounts of money...i wish i got paid about a hundredth of what he gets paid...

GetRDoneStangs
04-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Maybe he should go before a Congessional hearing?????

A:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

JasperDog94
04-02-2008, 10:09 PM
This is part of the problem in baseball. The Marlins may have 2 world series championships, but they have no fans due to the ownership.:(