la grange. you'd think they would win at least one in the first round

zebrablue2
04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
la grange. you'd think they would win at least one in the first round

don't think it will happen...

Buffgal
04-02-2008, 09:29 PM
No one should underestimate any of their opponents Friday night. It's baseball, after all.

Smithville (pretty wicked inside curve ball) and Navasota (some hard hitters in their line up and great base running speed) They each have their bright spots that can sneak up on you quick if you get too sure of yourself. Don't let their records fool you, they may be down, but never count any of them out.

AND you never know what might happen between old rivals La Grange and Giddings. The Leopards always come to play the Buffaloes, no matter if its home or away.

And for Bull19, I am not blaming any umpires and I am giving other teams credit. Just in case you read this post and decide to read between the lines and accuse me of saying otherwise, I will beat you to your post.

allforball
04-02-2008, 09:34 PM
It has been a wasted year for LG. Instead of fighting for a 3rd place position and playing young talent, LG chose to play seniors and just make it through the season. Sophomores would have gave it everything they had to try for a playoff spot. Instead they rode the pine, jumping between JV and Varsity and wasting a year. This team would have reached their peak next year, if they would have been given valuable playing time this year. Now they are another year behind. Not how most teams build programs.

sabre1
04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by allforball
It has been a wasted year for LG. Instead of fighting for a 3rd place position and playing young talent, LG chose to play seniors and just make it through the season. Sophomores would have gave it everything they had to try for a playoff spot. Instead they rode the pine, jumping between JV and Varsity and wasting a year. This team would have reached their peak next year, if they would have been given valuable playing time this year. Now they are another year behind. Not how most teams build programs.

And since your a coach I guess you know everything!! I am sure that their coach is doing the best he can. Ya'll need to remember to win State Championships it takes more than coaching.

I sorry that ya'lls soph.'s didn't get the playing time that you thought they deserved. Just tell them to go back to their $1000 select team so they can have someone, who knows nothing about baseball to tell them how good they are and if they keep paying for the team that they will get their free ride to college after they graduate.

Bull19
04-03-2008, 10:19 PM
i feel sorry for you sabre. hookandlaughter is gunna jump on you now.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Still a lot of games to play.

hookandladder
04-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
And since your a coach I guess you know everything!! I am sure that their coach is doing the best he can. Ya'll need to remember to win State Championships it takes more than coaching.

I sorry that ya'lls soph.'s didn't get the playing time that you thought they deserved. Just tell them to go back to their $1000 select team so they can have someone, who knows nothing about baseball to tell them how good they are and if they keep paying for the team that they will get their free ride to college after they graduate.

Trust me the 4 sophmore that did not get much playing time this year, are not paying a $1,000 to play on a select team. Most of the one's paying that much are trying to buy their way into college, if you are good enough to play at the next level the scouts will find you. Few players fall between the cracks. Your opinion is yours on select ball and yes after HS ball these sophmores will begin summer ball ( Babe Ruth Ball $40.00)

allforball
04-04-2008, 06:55 AM
No one has said this team could win a state championship. Just wanted to compete and keep LG baseball strong.

Originally posted by sabre1

Buffgal
04-04-2008, 07:24 AM
it will come around for La Grange. All the high school sports come in cycles with the turn around of coaches and kids

And Bull19, you can put anything you want on the public forum and stop the PM stuff.

I will agree with your private message. You are right, he needs to be moved from 3rd base. The infield would be better.

Bull19
04-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal

you can put anything you want on the public forum .

no you cant. if i did that, i wouldnt be posting on here.

p4s can vouche for me on that one.

go giddings. take state:)

trg
04-04-2008, 08:39 AM
I just want to say good luck to the Bulls this evening against Navasota. Put another W in the book!!!!!