PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

LH Panther Mom
04-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Okay, so I've been looking at various job posting sites and inquiring about listings that meet my qualifications. On two separate listings, almost three months apart, I've received almost the exact same response.....different email addresses (both hotmail) and "companies". :thinking:

*Account Receivable Role*
Your primary task for now as a representative of the company is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process.

1. Receive payment from our Customers or Clients.
2. Cash Payment at your Bank or any cashing facilities near you.
3. Deduct 10 % which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you would be contacted to send payment to, You'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job is part time, you'll get good income. But this job is very challenging and you should understand it.

Below is our personal data form which should be filled out appropriately for record purposes and to help us link you with clients and co-representatives in your area, so that we can add your mailing address to our Regional database and forward it to our customers for them to send payments.

Do I look stupid????? :doh: :doh:

crzyjournalist03
04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
check this out! It's worth a good chuckle.

http://www.scamorama.com/herkyjerky.html

(I'm 99% sure that everything in that is clean, but it's been a while since I read the entire thing)

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

That's probably what the problem is....you didn't send a picture along with your resume!!:D

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Okay, so I've been looking at various job posting sites and inquiring about listings that meet my qualifications. On two separate listings, almost three months apart, I've received almost the exact same response.....different email addresses (both hotmail) and "companies". :thinking:

Your primary task for now as a representative of the company is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process.

4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you would be contacted to send payment to, You'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this job is part time, you'll get good income. But this job is very challenging and you should understand it.

Below is our personal data form which should be filled out appropriately for record purposes and to help us link you with clients and co-representatives in your area, so that we can add your mailing address to our Regional database and forward it to our customers for them to send payments.

And oh yeah, please send $100 to allow us to hold the position for you. No checks please, just send cash.

LH Panther Mom
04-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's probably what the problem is....you didn't send a picture along with your resume!!:D
Hahaha! :D That was good.

The bad thing is that neither one of the ads for positions had anything in them that was suspect. The first reply was a company that I could not find listed on the internet, so I just ignored the email that "they would love to have me". :rolleyes:

The one today appeared to be for a legitimate company & the email used one of the owners' names. I used the contact info given on their website and the email bounced back. Searched a little bit more and found a newspaper article written earlier this month about the fraud. :doh:

And these aren't even the "make $7500 this week working 2 hours a day" kind of ads. :mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
check this out! It's worth a good chuckle.

http://www.scamorama.com/herkyjerky.html

(I'm 99% sure that everything in that is clean, but it's been a while since I read the entire thing)
BTW, I read through that entire thing yesterday. Hilarious! :D

BreckTxLonghorn
04-03-2008, 10:57 AM

I worked in a bank for roughly 4.5 years before taking on my new job, and I can tell you its amazing how many people come in trying to do this. And its not that they're intentionally scamming, they just honestly think they're the mediator. I've also seen this come in the form of a craigslist ad, a lottery drawing winner, a timeshare deposit, etc etc. It can be heartwrenching at times, b/c a lot of the people are really needing the extra cash, and this seems like a dream come true. Wasn't my favorite part of the job, giving them reality/facts. At least you knew the signs in advance.