PDA

View Full Version : A&M vs. UT comparison

jlg043
04-02-2008, 04:14 PM
The other day i saw a thread talking about how UT sucks and A&M is better I would like to get aggies points of view as well as longhorns! I bet it going to get interesting!

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I say "let's not & say we did!"

:)

or

"been there, done that, closed the thread!"

Living is learning. :nerd:

Adidas410s
04-02-2008, 04:17 PM
IT'S NOT CLOSED YET!!!! :p :p :p

Emerson1
04-02-2008, 04:17 PM
He is new, give him a break

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He is new, give him a break

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It isn't closed yet is it? :D

crzyjournalist03
04-02-2008, 04:20 PM
not yet

Panther One
04-02-2008, 04:44 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/mikeinjc/deadhorse.jpg

jlg043
04-02-2008, 05:35 PM
welll I cant find the on big blue defensive ends is at

Diocletian
04-02-2008, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpZxiVg3ZuM

jlg043
04-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I hope to repeat myself but longhorns go to the ship and the aggies dont... as in national champs, big 12 champs. in all sports and its been yrs since the aggies hada a better rank than the horns in football

Diocletian
04-02-2008, 06:26 PM
the wonderful thing about a rivalry is that no matter how many more wins Texas may have over AtM ,or championships, or pro athelets, or education awards..... the only way to get the other to shut up for a year is to beat them down in Football that year

thus, the only way to compare the two that matters is to see who won it last, history means absolutely nothing in this case

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
A&M is better because I go there, and since I do, it's the greatest place on the planet. :D

I will say that Texas has a ton of hott girls, so at least they have that going for them.

jlg043
04-02-2008, 06:51 PM
thats a true comment dude... but a and m try to say they havea better sports program than us which isnt true if we went to the championships and national champs and thats is my point is that texas (overall) is a better sports program

jlg043
04-02-2008, 06:53 PM
i know who your a big blue and i know you know who i am but honestly you think there sports program is better than ut Honestly? b/c if thats the case your trippin gr and thats from jg

BreckTxLonghorn
04-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
i know who your a big blue and i know you know who i am but honestly you think there sports program is better than ut Honestly? b/c if thats the case your trippin gr and thats from jg

Dude...learn to type. If you're trying to support The University, at least make us look good.

And BBDE can make a definite case on quality of sports programs (this is coming from a Longhorn alum). Look at the Lone Star Showdown, and it shows they've been competitive.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jlg043

I know who you are, good to see you're still making it bro.

Honestly, I think that A&M is on the upswing in all sports. I don't have any disrespect towards UT simply because I know how hard it is to be a college athlete and I respect anyone who does it, regardless of college. You know how much we hated Cameron when we played though, so you can understand how I feel about Texas. I'm not saying that we're better than them, yet, but I feel like we're getting closer than Longhorn fans are willing to admit. That being said, I think Texas has a great and established program, and A&M is finally getting there, or at least I would like to think so.

coach
04-02-2008, 07:15 PM
byrnes has done an outstanding job

lostaussie
04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Dude...learn to type. If you're trying to support The University, at least make us look good.
that was absolutely hilarious. I am with you BTXL, if you are gonna make a case, at least make it where we can read it:D

PHS Wildcats
04-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that was absolutely hilarious. I am with you BTXL, if you are gonna make a case, at least make it where we can read it:D

lol:clap:

Panther One
04-02-2008, 07:51 PM
A few years ago, Texas fans would claim to be better because they were winning at everything. In many sports, A&M has pulled even or surpassed the Longhorns. All one has to do is look at the current LSS standings. Now Texas fans are claiming superiority based on historical accomplishments. So which is it? Are we evaluating the current state of each athletic department, or historical accomplishments. A&M is never going to catch Texas from a historical standpoint, so that's a useless argument. If you're judging each athletic deparment based on the 07-08 seasons, I'd say they're pretty even. Of course, you've already pulled out the next trump card that Texas fans like to use. Football. So are we evaluating athletic departments, or football programs? While Texas has put together better seasons of late, the Ags have beaten them the past two years. If you are talking about the entire athletic department, then it's much more than just football. Stanford is always considered to be one of the top athletic schools, and their football program has been down for some time. Furthermore, A&M has won NUMEROUS Big XII titles over the past couple of years and has been competitive on a national level in many sports, including some national champs in Track and Field. And speaking of T&F, our men's and women's sprint relay teams currently have the fastest times in the WORLD. That's not too shabby.

In the future, instead of posing a question to others, why don't you just start by stating your opinion, because it's obvious you weren't looking for an objective discussion on the matter, but rather to just talk crap to Aggies.

zebrablue2
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
cannot believe it. not closed yet...

lostaussie
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
A few years ago, Texas fans would claim to be better because they were winning at everything. In many sports, A&M has pulled even or surpassed the Longhorns. All one has to do is look at the current LSS standings. Now Texas fans are claiming superiority based on historical accomplishments. So which is it? Are we evaluating the current state of each athletic department, or historical accomplishments. A&M is never going to catch Texas from a historical standpoint, so that's a useless argument. If you're judging each athletic deparment based on the 07-08 seasons, I'd say they're pretty even. Of course, you've already pulled out the next trump card that Texas fans like to use. Football. So are we evaluating athletic departments, or football programs? While Texas has put together better seasons of late, the Ags have beaten them the past two years. If you are talking about the entire athletic department, then it's much more than just football. Stanford is always considered to be one of the top athletic schools, and their football program has been down for some time. Furthermore, A&M has won NUMEROUS Big XII titles over the past couple of years and has been competitive on a national level in many sports, including some national champs in Track and Field. And speaking of T&F, our men's and women's sprint relay teams currently have the fastest times in the WORLD. That's not too shabby.

In the future, instead of posing a question to others, why don't you just start by stating your opinion, because it's obvious you weren't looking for an objective discussion on the matter, but rather to just talk crap to Aggies. AMEN BROTHER!!!

LH Panther Mom
04-02-2008, 08:15 PM
rather to just talk crap to Aggies.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Surely you jest!

Old Tiger
04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/mikeinjc/deadhorse.jpg True

A&M = dead horse
UT = beating it

:D

RMAC
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
A&M is better because I go there, and since I do, it's the greatest place on the planet. :D

I will say that Texas has a ton of hott girls, so at least they have that going for them.

That they do, but we have more. You need to come spend a weekend on the South Plains G, you'll see what I mean.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
That they do, but we have more. You need to come spend a weekend on the South Plains G, you'll see what I mean.:D

Give me a place to crash and I'm down, haha.

Panther One
04-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
UT = beating it

3afan
04-03-2008, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
cannot believe it. not closed yet...

there is NO REASON yet to close this thread

being a tired topic is not a good reason ...

LionKing
04-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Maybe some Aggie fans or students can provide some info on their national championship history in all NCAA sports, I found UT's national championship history, instead of going way back to the 30's and 40's, I started from 1980-2006, even though both schools claimed NC's before 1980.
Univ. of Texas has claimed 39 NCAA NC's in mens and womens sports from 1980-2006 including Football, Baseball, Womens Basketball, Womens Volleyball, Men and Women Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Womens outdoor and indoor Track and Field.

Phil C
04-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
Maybe some Aggie fans or students can provide some info on their national championship history in all NCAA sports, I found UT's national championship history, instead of going way back to the 30's and 40's, I started from 1980-2006, even though both schools claimed NC's before 1980.
Univ. of Texas has claimed 39 NCAA NC's in mens and womens sports from 1980-2006 including Football, Baseball, Womens Basketball, Womens Volleyball, Men and Women Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Womens outdoor and indoor Track and Field.

But the Aggies have the latest NC in fishing. GO FISH! :)

Panther One
04-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Did you even bother to read my post? I clearly stated that if we are judging from a historical standpoint, there's no comparison. If we are judging on the past couple of years, then things have become pretty equal. Until Byrne got to A&M, many of the sports were just after thoughts and thus they weren't highly successful. There's not an Aggie alive that would put A&M up with UT based on past achievements.

This is what I was talking about, though. When the Horns are winning, they'll point to the present. Now that we've closed the gap across the board, they turn to the past. You'll always own that argument, so let it rest. Let's live in the present where things have evened out more than many Longhorn fans want to admit.

g$$
04-04-2008, 03:28 AM
Did you even bother to read my post? I clearly stated that if we are judging from a historical standpoint, there's no comparison. If we are judging on the past couple of years, then things have become pretty equal. Until Byrne got to A&M, many of the sports were just after thoughts and thus they weren't highly successful. There's not an Aggie alive that would put A&M up with UT based on past achievements.

This is what I was talking about, though. When the Horns are winning, they'll point to the present. Now that we've closed the gap across the board, they turn to the past. You'll always own that argument, so let it rest. Let's live in the present where things have evened out more than many Longhorn fans want to admit.

Well said. And to the Horns: check those LSS standings for this year. The playing field has leveled. Bill Byrne has done a tremendous job & most sports are flourishing, esp. on the women's side. I'm confident Mike Sherman was the right hire too. Heck, Fran beat Texas the past 2 years & got fired!

Gig 'em.

g$$
04-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Well said. And to the Horns: check those LSS standings for this year. The playing field has leveled. Bill Byrne has done a tremendous job & most sports are flourishing, esp. on the women's side. I'm confident Mike Sherman was the right hire too. Heck, Fran beat Texas the past 2 years & got fired!

Gig 'em.

2007-2008 Lone Star Showdown:

Texas A&M = 6.5 pts.
Texas = 4.5 pts.

...so far

A&M should finally bring it home, but we'll see how it goes the next 2 months. Playing field has leveled.