PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember Jim Everet vs. Jim Rome?

Sweetwater Red
04-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Everet should have drilled him.:D :devil:

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/1099/Jim-Everett-vs-Jim-Rome-on-Talk-Show.html

Rabbit'93
04-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/1099/Jim-Everett-vs-Jim-Rome-on-Talk-Show.html great clip....rome's a hack though.

DDBooger
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/1099/Jim-Everett-vs-Jim-Rome-on-Talk-Show.html anyone ever see two grown men act that childish before? lmao i loved it! almost as good as some of you knuckleheads on here! :D :p

gato 76
04-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Rome deserved that:)

Texasfootball2
04-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I refuse to watch Jim Rome. There are a lot of athletes who should clock this guy. I've never seen this clip before but my opinion of Jim Everet has gone up. "Hack", yes Rome is a Hack. He strikes me as a frustrated "wantabe". In other words, he wanted more than anything in the world to be a professional athlete and a star but instead was probably a below average athlete that sat on the end of the bench. He is so jealous of those who have made it big he uses his media card to take jabs a athletes all the time. Even though I sometimes agree with him about some issues, it's the chip on his shoulder that drives me nuts.

WWWhhhheeewwww:smoker: I feel much better now.

DaHop72
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I refuse to watch Jim Rome. There are a lot of athletes who should clock this guy. I've never seen this clip before but my opinion of Jim Everet has gone up. "Hack", yes Rome is a Hack. He strikes me as a frustrated "wantabe". In other words, he wanted more than anything in the world to be a professional athlete and a star but instead was probably a below average athlete that sat on the end of the bench. He is so jealous of those who have made it big he uses his media card to take jabs a athletes all the time. Even though I sometimes agree with him about some issues, it's the chip on his shoulder that drives me nuts.

WWWhhhheeewwww:smoker: I feel much better now. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull Butter
04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Which one of them still has a career?

Sweetwater Red
04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Which one of them still has a career?

Which one of them ever actually had one?:thinking:

kaorder1999
04-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I HATE Rome

kaorder1999
04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
god he deserved that....

Looking4number8
04-02-2008, 01:44 PM
I hate Jim Rome too.. I am glad Jim Everett took him out, not I want Chris Everett to hurt him!!!

LionKing
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I remember when that happened, I didn't really know who Rome was then, I thought man, what a big-mouth Wuss he is... And still is.

Bull Butter
04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Which one of them ever actually had one?:thinking:
Rome has a TV show on ESPN and a radio show on about 200 affiliates and pulls in a lot more money than any of us do.

Hate him if you want (Hating him for something he did over 15 years ago is kind of juvenile and asinine if you ask me) but his career is doing just fine these days.

Do a Google search using the term "Jim Everett". See how many Jim Rome references come up. It's all that many people will ever remember that guy for.

Maroon87
04-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I think Rome is hilarious.

themsu97
04-02-2008, 05:11 PM
what makes Rome great is the athletes that call and talk to him on a regular basis... Mark Grace is stinkin' Hilarious... Rex Hudler is great...Kruk is awesome... those guys helped make him as did this incident with Jum Everett...probably staged too I bet

Diocletian
04-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Rome is a classic media player..

he does this kind of work, and has for years with all icons that come through his Radio show/ TV show

it's great entertainment and I especialy love to listen to the Smack Off show

are there any hard core JR fans on this board?

Maroon87
04-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
are there any hard core JR fans on this board?

I've been listening to him for probably 13 years or so. He's a lot tamer now than he used to be.

PHS Wildcats
04-02-2008, 07:44 PM
He's ok