PDA

View Full Version : I'm the Dreaded "T-shirt" Fan

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm not really the owner of any school's T-shirt, but I do like 3A High School Football. I'm not loyal to any particular team, but the following things are also true:

1. I do not now nor have I ever lived in a town with a 3A High School. I did live and play football in a 2A High School.

2. I tend to gravitate toward following very good 3A teams. As I live within a reasonable drive of Giddings, I have watched a number of their games the last few years.

3. I have a married daughter who lives in the DFW area and I have been known to make the three hour drive to go watch Celina play. I've even convinced my sons-in-law to attend with me.

4. I have also attended other 3A games, i.e. Needville, Navasota, WOS, Silsbee, Sealy, Cleveland Tarkington (very bad!) and surely several others.

5. I have on occasion attended 2A play-off games as well as a couple of regular season games.

6. I don't care for 5A football as it is more like a college due to the atmosphere as well as usually large stadiums. Too sterile for me.

7. I like 3A because of the usually small, intimate stadiums and raving lunatic fans. I can actually get decent parking, find a seat, get to the concession stand and get out without an hour wait. The people I meet are nicer too.

8. 2A is just too small. The towns have so few people that the crowds are often small and quiet and just not as much fun. They try, they just don't have the numbers.

9. I'm not even very knowledgeable about football. Very rarely do I recognize either an offensive or defensive formation. I did, however, see the
1-10 Celina sometimes uses. Weird.

So, condemn me for the fact that I unfortunately do not live in and did not grow up in a 3A town. Just remember, T-shirt fans are not all BAD! I love the game and intend to continue going until I don't like it any more.

Gsquared
04-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I'm not really the owner of any school's T-shirt, but I do like 3A High School Football. I'm not loyal to any particular team, but the following things are also true:

1. I do not now nor have I ever lived in a town with a 3A High School. I did live and play football in a 2A High School.

2. I tend to gravitate toward following very good 3A teams. As I live within a reasonable drive of Giddings, I have watched a number of their games the last few years.

3. I have a married daughter who lives in the DFW area and I have been known to make the three hour drive to go watch Celina play. I've even convinced my sons-in-law to attend with me.

4. I have also attended other 3A games, i.e. Needville, Navasota, WOS, Silsbee, Sealy, Cleveland Tarkington (very bad!) and surely several others.

5. I have on occasion attended 2A play-off games as well as a couple of regular season games.

6. I don't care for 5A football as it is more like a college due to the atmosphere as well as usually large stadiums. Too sterile for me.

7. I like 3A because of the usually small, intimate stadiums and raving lunatic fans. I can actually get decent parking, find a seat, get to the concession stand and get out without an hour wait. The people I meet are nicer too.

8. 2A is just too small. The towns have so few people that the crowds are often small and quiet and just not as much fun. They try, they just don't have the numbers.

9. I'm not even very knowledgeable about football. Very rarely do I recognize either an offensive or defensive formation. I did, however, see the
1-10 Celina sometimes uses. Weird.

So, condemn me for the fact that I unfortunately do not live in and did not grow up in a 3A town. Just remember, T-shirt fans are not all BAD! I love the game and intend to continue going until I don't like it any more.
I agree with all the above, however, I like 2A almost as much as I like 3A

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 11:09 AM
That post just made me like you more than I already did!!:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
7. and raving lunatic fans.
I resemble that remark! :eek: :eek: :D

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I resemble that remark! :eek: :eek: :D

Nah.....you are just dangerous, especially with that bell!!

You are even a danger to yourself at times!!!:eek: :eek:

ROFL!! The thought just made me laugh all over again!!!!!

44INAROW
04-02-2008, 11:15 AM

9. I'm not even very knowledgeable about football.

I resemble these remarks :)
re: #9 - I understand the concept of football - I just don't recognize formations and that kind of stuff.

PS Ron - if you EVER want a Gobbler T Shirt - just send me PM - I have closets full - every shade of green you can imagine :D

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
re: #9 - I understand the concept of football - I just don't recognize formations and that kind of stuff.

PS Ron - if you EVER want a Gobbler T Shirt - just send me PM - I have closets full - every shade of green you can imagine :D

I feel deprived that I have not been to a Cuero game. One of these Friday nights I'll surprise you folks. I also intend to someday make it to a Liberty Hill game. The problem with going to Liberty Hill is that I might not want to leave.

LH Panther Mom
04-02-2008, 11:22 AM
The problem with going to Liberty Hill is that I might not want to leave.
Do you have any student-athletes, either current or future? :D ;)

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you have any student-athletes, either current or future? :D ;)

Sorry, no. I just like that area and have many relatives in Marble Falls, Lampasas, Austin, Granite Shoals, etc. My very first choice of where to live is north of San Antonio, maybe around Blanco. Me and about 100,000 other people!

Gsquared
04-02-2008, 12:09 PM

Hmmmm, ummmm, hello!!!!!

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I only lived in a 3A town one year and that school is now 2A. I grew up in a 4A school that is now 3A. I started high school at a different 4A school. And I graduated from a 5A school that is now 4A. None of the 3A schools I follow were 3A when I began following them. 4A is still my favorite though.

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I only lived in a 3A town one year and that school is now 2A. I grew up in a 4A school that is now 3A. I started high school at a different 4A school. And I graduated from a 5A school that is now 4A. None of the 3A schools I follow were 3A when I began following them. 4A is still my favorite though.

Unfortunately I think I understood all that. Glad to know I'm not the only one like me.

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately I think I understood all that. Glad to know I'm not the only one like me.

Actually, there are probably more, on this very board, than you would ever imagine!!

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Actually, there are probably more, on this very board, than you would ever imagine!!

Actually Kepdawg is much more knowledgeable than me. He probably even recognizes formations.

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 02:55 PM

K-6: 4A school now 3A
7: 3A school now 2A
8-10: 4A school still 4A
10: Same school as K-6
11-12: 5A school now 4A

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Actually Kepdawg is much more knowledgeable than me. He probably even recognizes formations.

I can generally tell you which team is on offense and which team is on defense. Beyond that I don't know much at all!

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 02:59 PM
If I had to pick a poster to watch a game with that I could learn from.....it was be GSquared - hands down!!!

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 03:03 PM
If I had to pick a poster to watch a game with that I could learn from.....it was be GSquared - hands down!!!

Agreed. When he isn't too busy licking the cheese off his fingers he is very helpful. :)

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Agreed. When he isn't too busy licking the cheese off his fingers he is very helpful. :)

You should watch a game with ToroChingon and B44 sometime!

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 03:09 PM
You should watch a game with ToroChingon and B44 sometime! Yeah, I'm sure a good time would be had by all!!! :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 03:10 PM

I don't think they like us!!!!

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 03:10 PM

I would but I'd be afraid I'd get in trouble and ejected from the stands!

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'm sure a good time would be had by all!!! :rolleyes:

Well, not with that attitude!

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'm sure a good time would be had by all!!! :rolleyes:

LOL!! GMTA

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't think they like us!!!!

Maybe y'all should be nicer!

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I would but I'd be afraid I'd get in trouble and ejected from the stands!

Now that would be likely! TC can get pretty loud!

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Maybe y'all should be nicer!

As far as I know I haven't had any dealings with "Toro"...I "think" I met him at the State Track meet, not really sure about that either!

I "have" read stuff posted about me and the others on another board, which gives me that impression though!!

Oh well..you win some, you lose some!!:p

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:19 PM
As far as I know I haven't had any dealings with "Toro"...I "think" I met him at the State Track meet, not really sure about that either!

I "have" read stuff posted about me and the others on another board, which gives me that impression though!!

Oh well..you win some, you lose some!!:p

Well, I don't like everybody here but that doesn't mean I can't get along with them or watch a game with them!

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Well, I don't like everybody here but that doesn't mean I can't get along with them or watch a game with them!

I didn't say I didn't "not like" anyone...but I darn sure don't care to be around someone who doesn't like me.....why would I want to??

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I didn't say I didn't "not like" anyone...but I darn sure don't care to be around someone who doesn't like me.....why would I want to??

I just don't see why it would be a problem. I see several games a year with people I don't like.

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I just don't see why it would be a problem. I see several games a year with people I don't like.

LOL!! There are lots more people who DO like me than DON'T. . . . so far I have been fortunate to see all the games I have attended with people who are genuinely my friends!!

If seeing games with people you don't like works for you, then that's great!! Personally, I wouldn't want to...but that's just me!!

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
LOL!! There are lots more people who DO like me than DON'T. . . . so far I have been fortunate to see all the games I have attended with people who are genuinely my friends!!

If seeing games with people you don't like works for you, then that's great!! Personally, I wouldn't want to...but that's just me!!

Of course there are always people mixed in that I do like. I'm not going to go to a game with only people I don't like! That would be stupid! But almost every 3A game I'm at I'm around someone I don't like.

Now back to the topic at hand...

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 03:47 PM
What Kep is trying to say is that he had to watch a game with Go Blue! :D

44INAROW
04-02-2008, 03:49 PM
I can generally tell you which team is on offense and which team is on defense. Beyond that I don't know much at all!

the offense is the side with the ball, right? ;)

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:50 PM

That's what I always thought! I hope that's right!

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
What Kep is trying to say is that he had to watch a game with Go Blue! :D

LOL!! Of course I have SEEN people at a game that I didn't like! One person from Greenwood in particular that I absolutely cannot stand....and he knows it, so when he sees me coming, he high tails it the other direction......I have to see EVERY SINGLE game.

I think I would rather watch a game with someone I don't like than with someone who doesn't like me. . . especially if I know that the person has said things to others behind my back!!

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Please tell me this is correct. I don't want to restart my entire football education.

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:59 PM
One thing I can't seem to figure out is why sometimes when you kick it through the poles you get 1 run but sometimes you get 3 runs! Is is because it is farther back?

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
One thing I can't seem to figure out is why sometimes when you kick it through the poles you get 1 run but sometimes you get 3 runs! Is is because it is farther back?

I think it depends on who kicks it.

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 04:03 PM

:confused: :thinking: :confused: :D

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it depends on who kicks it.

Now I'm really confused!

And every now and then I see a team score a touchdown but they only get 2 runs for it!

Seeing stuff like this makes it easy to understand why people complain about the officials!

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 04:05 PM

WOW!! I actually got this and wanted to explain "why!!":D

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 04:07 PM

Hey! If you know why don't hold out on us!

ronwx5x

Evidently you need to explain it to several of us. Explain away.

crzyjournalist03
Now I'm really confused!

And every now and then I see a team score a touchdown but they only get 2 runs for it!

Seeing stuff like this makes it easy to understand why people complain about the officials!

I think it all has to do with the team getting back their quarter. If they get their quarter that was flipped at the beginning of the game back by knocking a player down in the end zone, they're happy, so they don't need as many runs.

If the team doesn't get their quarter back, they need six just to cheer them up when they run all the way to the other end zone.

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think it all has to do with the team getting back their quarter. If they get their quarter that was flipped at the beginning of the game back by knocking a player down in the end zone, they're happy, so they don't need as many runs.

If the team doesn't get their quarter back, they need six just to cheer them up when they run all the way to the other end zone.

Now that makes sense!

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 04:08 PM
:mad: :mad:

Ya'll suck & not in the good way! :eek: :eek: :D

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 04:09 PM

I know better than to go there!!!!!!!!!

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 04:10 PM

You've seen a couple of games with me. You know I don't know what's going on.

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
You've seen a couple of games with me. You know I don't know what's going on. Yeah, I'm probably on your list of people I don't like watching games with! :crying: :D

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I'm probably on your list of people I don't like watching games with! :crying: :D

Kep, this may require diplomacy on your part. Be careful.

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Kep, this may require diplomacy on your part. Be careful. LOL. Notice he hasn't responded. ;)

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 04:21 PM
LOL. Notice he hasn't responded. ;)

No, no. I'm sure he's just pondering the proper reply to a dificult question.

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 04:22 PM
LOL. Notice he hasn't responded. ;)

Do you hear Jeopardy music??

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 04:22 PM
No, no. I'm sure he's just pondering the proper reply to a dificult question.

What question? She knows I don't like her! Is that what you meant by diplomacy?

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
No, no. I'm sure he's just pondering the proper reply to a dificult question. Was it a question?

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
What question? She knows I don't like her! Is that what you meant by diplomacy?

Maybe you need to edit this post!

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 04:24 PM

It was an implied question.

kepdawg

Do the rules say we have to like everybody?

pirate4state
What question? She knows I don't like her! Is that what you meant by diplomacy? Told ya!

:inlove:

crzyjournalist03
04-02-2008, 04:26 PM

no, but you probably just blew your shot at sportsman of the year for next year's lowies!!! :eek: :p

pirate4state
04-02-2008, 04:28 PM

No. Thank goodness!

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
no, but you probably just blew your shot at sportsman of the year for next year's lowies!!! :eek: :p

I'm pretty sure I would have taken myself out of the running eventually! Just ask Giddings or Celina or Navasota or Snyder or well, you get the point!

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 07:09 PM

No but everyone likes you. Is there a problem?

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 07:26 PM
No but everyone likes you. Is there a problem?

There must be a problem if everyone likes me!

But I can assure you there are plenty of people that do not like me.

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 07:38 PM
There must be a problem if everyone likes me!

But I can assure you there are plenty of people that do not like me.

Can't be true. I know, you're just having some fun with me, right?

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Can't be true. I know, you're just having some fun with me, right?

I am sure there are some who have a lackadaisical dislike for me, some who have a rather fervent dislike for me, and even one or two who have an outright hatred for me!

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I am sure there are some who have a lackadaisical dislike for me, some who have a rather fervent dislike for me, and even one or two who have an outright hatred for me!

I have also had some insensitive people speak (type?) harshly to me on the message board. I have learned to not take it personally and not to hold grudges. Perhaps you should try my method.

It did not make them like me, however.

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I have also had some insensitive people speak (type?) harshly to me on the message board. I have learned to not take it personally and not to hold grudges. Perhaps you should try my method.

It did not make them like me, however.

I'm not worried about the people on the board. Sure it'd be nice to be liked, but not being liked here won't cause me any grief. Most people who don't like me just don't get my twisted sense of humor. And from time to time I may be a little bit mean. But usually I'm just having fun with people!

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm not worried about the people on the board. Sure it'd be nice to be liked, but not being liked here won't cause me any grief. Most people who don't like me just don't get my twisted sense of humor. And from time to time I may be a little bit mean. But usually I'm just having fun with people!

I hope you realize I'm just having some fun also. :inlove:

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I hope you realize I'm just having some fun also. :inlove:

I know but it works a lot better if I play along!

Although I'm serious about people not liking me!

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 08:37 PM

You should be happy you're not best friends with Bandera YaYa. Now that's someone who elicits strong feelings! WTH?

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 08:41 PM

For real?? I can't think of anyone that doesn't like you!!:confused:

DaHop72
04-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm pretty sure I would have taken myself out of the running eventually! Just ask Giddings or Celina or Navasota or Snyder or well, you get the point! I'll still vote for you kep.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaHop72
04-02-2008, 09:06 PM
If you have a personalized t-shirt from a school does that make you a t-shirt fan even if you don't live there?:thinking: :thinking:

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
If you have a personalized t-shirt from a school does that make you a t-shirt fan even if you don't live there?:thinking: :thinking:

What is it you're not telling us?

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
For real?? I can't think of anyone that doesn't like you!!:confused:

Well, I'm not going to start naming names.

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, I'm not going to start naming names.

I didn't ask you too....I just stated I wasn't aware that there was anyone that DIDN'T like you!!

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 09:18 PM
I didn't ask you too....I just stated I wasn't aware that there was anyone that DIDN'T like you!!

I didn't say you asked me too...but sadly it is true. I know that may be hard to believe!

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I didn't say you asked me too...but sadly it is true. I know that may be hard to believe!

Either I am just not very observant or they hide it well!

GetRDoneStangs
04-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Speaking of T-Shirts.........

I don't have that many......

Most of mine are Polo's!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Either I am just not very observant or they hide it well!

Well not everyone goes YaYa on someone when they don't like them!