PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Story Time

eppy 12
04-02-2008, 08:37 AM
On some air bases the Air Force is on one side of the field and civilian aircraft use the other side of the field, with the control tower in the middle.

One day the tower received a call from an aircraft asking, "What time is it?" The tower responded, "Who is calling?" The aircraft replied, "What difference does it make?" The tower replied "It makes a lot of difference.

1) If it is an American Airlines flight, it is 3 o'clock.
2) If it is an Air Force plane, it is 1500 hours.
3) If it is a Navy aircraft, it is 6 bells.
4) If it is an Army aircraft, the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 3.
5) If it is a Marine Corps aircraft, it's Thursday afternoon and 120 minutes to "Happy Hour."

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/L-39_drunk_pilot-pr.jpg

ronwx5x
04-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Frankfurt/Main Airport Germany is one of the busiest airports in the world and the ground control personnel are known to take no prisoners when dealing with traffic. They expect every aircraft to know where to park and how to get there, whether they pilot has ever been to the airport before or not.

A pilot recently made an incorrect turn and wound up looking straight on to another aircraft taxiing out. The controller, obviously upset, berated the poor pilot stating "Do not move. You will remain where you are until I straighten out the mess you made and it will be on my own time!"

After a very pregnant pause, a voice could be heard over the radio, "I think that's my first wife".

eppy 12
04-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Frankfurt/Main Airport Germany is one of the busiest airports in the world and the ground control personnel are known to take no prisoners when dealing with traffic. They expect every aircraft to know where to park and how to get there, whether they pilot has ever been to the airport before or not.

A pilot recently made an incorrect turn and wound up looking straight on to another aircraft taxiing out. The controller, obviously upset, berated the poor pilot stating "Do not move. You will remain where you are until I straighten out the mess you made and it will be on my own time!"

After a very pregnant pause, a voice could be heard over the radio, "I think that's my first wife". :clap: ;)