PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale over Thorndale in Baseball

Dogman_1969
04-02-2008, 07:55 AM
On Rockdale's open date they hosted Thorndale Tuesday night in a battle of Milam County neighbors. The Tigers spoted the Bulldogs 5-0 before pulling out to a 15-6 win over the dogs.

The Tigers will host Liberty Hill Friday night to close out the first round of district play.

The Tigers are 14-5 on the year and 3-0 in district play.

Daddy D 11
04-02-2008, 07:57 AM
And Cameron Lost to LH last night in a great game...9-8 in 8 innings.

Dogman are you going to be at the game on friday?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Is Thorndale as good this year as they were last year? (Or the year they won state, whichever that was. I know it was recently; I think it was last year.)

Daddy D 11
04-02-2008, 08:00 AM
It was 2 years ago, they got to the state tourny last year but didnt win it all. And no, they are really really down.

Old Tiger
04-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Is Thorndale as good this year as they were last year? (Or the year they won state, whichever that was. I know it was recently; I think it was last year.) No, they lost a lot of talent from the '06 and '07 class graduating. I remember playing little league against Thorndale and getting the snot kicked out of us everytime except once when we actually beat them. :)

Daddy D 11
04-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Rockdale is really hitting the ball well right now.

Johnny Utah
04-02-2008, 09:23 AM
That is what they said about Tdale in hoops this year and they won it all again. I bet they get it going. I did see where they lost to Granger in district! Tigers are doing well. Congrats!!!

Old Tiger
04-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
That is what they said about Tdale in hoops this year and they won it all again. I bet they get it going. I did see where they lost to Granger in district! Tigers are doing well. Congrats!!! ?

Everyone knew thorndale was stacked in basketball this past year, heck they had the best player in 1a classification.

Johnny Utah
04-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Best player graduated last year, but they did do well after losing 12 seniors no doubt. That guard is a player for sure. Tough to repeat, and even tougher after losing that many. Great job by Leiberman!!! The Rock used to smash T-dale in baseball way back in the day. Good to see them getting that baseball program going again. What is up with Softball, graduation?? Rebuilding?? Made the playoffs quite a few years since 94.

Dogman_1969
04-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
And Cameron Lost to LH last night in a great game...9-8 in 8 innings.

Dogman are you going to be at the game on friday?

Hey 11 I will be watching the district track meet unless he is able to throw and is not entered into any other events. If that is the case then I will bring him to the hill to play the JV game at 5.

Panther One
04-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Most districts generally schedule the baseball games on Saturday when the district track meet is on a Friday. I don't know why ours didn't.

Old Tiger
04-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Best player graduated last year, but they did do well after losing 12 seniors no doubt. That guard is a player for sure. Tough to repeat, and even tougher after losing that many. Great job by Leiberman!!! The Rock used to smash T-dale in baseball way back in the day. Good to see them getting that baseball program going again. What is up with Softball, graduation?? Rebuilding?? Made the playoffs quite a few years since 94. graduation.....

Johnny Utah
04-02-2008, 11:03 AM
That softball summer program has that place booming for softball. It will get going again.

NastySlot
04-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Most districts generally schedule the baseball games on Saturday when the district track meet is on a Friday. I don't know why ours didn't.

bet you a lunch...it happens in your new district.

Dogman_1969
04-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I look forward to the Baseball games. Sure is nice to watch and relax instead of having to make decisions from the dugout.....

Johnny Utah
04-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Dogman, how is track going?

jlg043
04-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Rockdale's baseball was down for a while after my brother and the 99-00 class graduated (justing garza, chris young, vincent garza, cody bourrough, josh bingham) they were very solid just robinson rockets had that bad ash picture but actuallt all of of sports went down a little im glad to see rockdale comming back on the rise! in the rock we hit