04-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Bellville 1
Navasota 0

Murphy no-hitter

murphy is a beautiful girl also good for her

Reds fan
04-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Any score from Giddings-LaGrange softball? Should have been a heck of a game.

buff4life
04-02-2008, 12:01 AM

I haven't heard

hookandladder
04-02-2008, 06:06 AM

La Grange wins 8-7, our #2 pitcher pitched most of the game. High scoring game.

leecofans
04-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Husband at game - says Giddings made error after error - gotta be able to catch the easy fly in the OF. Nothing but praise for the 2nd baseman, though - soph. hits 2 run homer out of left field.

Reds fan
04-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by leecofans
Husband at game - says Giddings made error after error - gotta be able to catch the easy fly in the OF. Nothing but praise for the 2nd baseman, though - soph. hits 2 run homer out of left field.

Good for her! :clap: :clap:

PutMeInCoach
04-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Any score from the Smithville - Caldwell game?

hookandladder
04-02-2008, 10:28 AM

So did La Grange have any errors or did Giddings have all 7 runs earned.

PutMeInCoach
04-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Depends on whose keeping the book ;-)

Reds fan
04-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Depends on whose keeping the book ;-)

How true....

zebrablue2
04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange wins 8-7, our #2 pitcher pitched most of the game. High scoring game.

why did la grange pitch the # 2 pitcher? was # 1 injured??

hookandladder
04-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
why did la grange pitch the # 2 pitcher? was # 1 injured??

No the #1 pitcher is fine, I would assume the coach wanted Giddings to face someone different. Our #1 pitcher did closeout the game. Our #2 pitcher is going to be a good pitcher also, some might question this decision but he did workout with a win. Now I would say LG is in the drivers seat for a District Championship as long as they take care of business. With no Seniors starting and mostly freshmen and sophmores, I would say the future looks bright for LG. As long as the girls continue to stay focused on softball as they get older.

Reds fan
04-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Now I would say LG is in the drivers seat for a District Championship as long as they take care of business.

LG has been in the driver's seat since beating Giddings and Bellville in the first round of district.

hookandladder
04-03-2008, 10:06 AM

Are you sure she hit 2 HRs, I was told she hit one and SS or catcher hit one. She is definitely a quaility player that will play at the next level.

leecofans
04-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Are you sure she hit 2 HRs, I was told she hit one and SS or catcher hit one. She is definitely a quaility player that will play at the next level.

She hit one 2 run homer was what I was told. Definitely an outstanding athlete...

Bull19
04-03-2008, 10:19 AM

them glasses fogging up on you?

leecofans
04-03-2008, 10:35 AM
She hit one 2 run homer was what I was told. Definitely an outstanding athlete...

Hubbby said ss hit the other one. Also said LG #1 Pitch brings the heat. Is she a soph/junior?

PutMeInCoach
04-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Both LG pitchers are soph. I've heard that the pitching rotation has been consistent for LG with each pitching every other game...coming in as relief for each other if needed.

Reds fan
04-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Any score from the Smithville - Caldwell game?

Bryan Eagle shows:
Caldwell 2
Smithville 0

hookandladder
04-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
them glasses fogging up on you?

No need to be a jerk, I simply read it wrong. Never had glasses either, seems like you like to talk a lot of smack on here.

Bull19
04-03-2008, 02:45 PM
No need to be a jerk, I simply read it wrong. Never had glasses either, seems like you like to talk a lot of smack on here.

i talk smack? who is the one that condemns the whole la grange baseball program on here everyday????:hand: :hand:

hookandladder
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i talk smack? who is the one that condemns the whole la grange baseball program on here everyday????:hand: :hand:

The truth sometimes hurts, yes I am very unhappy with the La Grange baseball program. I am not talking smack about the baseball program, I am simply stating that something needs to be done. If our football program was in this bad of shape you can bet there would be some changes and yes it would most likely start with the HC. I assume you are from Bellville and I must say you'll are very fortunate to have the coach you have. I know your coach personally and he does a great job.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-03-2008, 11:16 PM
The truth sometimes hurts, yes I am very unhappy with the La Grange baseball program. I assume you are from Bellville and I must say you'll are very fortunate to have the coach you have. I know your coach personally and he does a great job.

What about the school board stepping in and looking into the baseball program?
We are happy to have David here in Bellville, hope he retires from here! He always seems to get the best out of his players come District.

zebrablue2
04-04-2008, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
We are happy to have David here in Bellville, hope he retires from here! He always seems to get the best out of his players come District.

ain't it the truth...

hookandladder
04-04-2008, 06:12 AM

Their are school board members and long time fans aware of the shape our baseball program is in however it seems our policy is to let someone coach til he is ready to step down, in any sport other than football. We now have a gerat football coach in La Grange and we are hoping he will try to do something about our baseball program. We were a baseball town before we were a football town, I would like to see the same committment in all sports. I have a kid coming up and I would like to see him get the best coaching possible.

LH Panther Mom
04-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Their are school board members and long time fans aware of the shape our baseball program is in however it seems our policy is to let someone coach til he is ready to step down, in any sport other than football. We now have a gerat football coach in La Grange and we are hoping he will try to do something about our baseball program. We were a baseball town before we were a football town, I would like to see the same committment in all sports. I have a kid coming up and I would like to see him get the best coaching possible.
Do you honestly think that it does the baseball program any good to get on here complaining about the coach week after week? Seriously, find another venue for airing your gripes.

hookandladder
04-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you honestly think that it does the baseball program any good to get on here complaining about it week after week? Seriously, find another venue for airing your gripes.

I was asked a simple question and responded to it, did not mean to affend you. I thought this was a board that you could be open and honest. I will agree I as well as others have beat this horse to death, time to move on.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I was asked a simple question and responded to it, did not mean to affend you. I thought this was a board that you could be open and honest. I will agree I as well as others have beat this horse to death, time to move on.

Agreed, this has been a board for many years you could voice you oppinion about what ever, If you have a grip about some thing I thought you could voice you oppinion? Its been done here for many years. It needs to be kept clean, other oppinions sometime need to be heard, even if it curls a few toes. By all means this is not the love boat.

pirate4state
04-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Agreed, this has been a board for many years you could voice you oppinion about what ever, If you have a grip about some thing I thought you could voice you oppinion? Its been done here for many years. It needs to be kept clean, other oppinions sometime need to be heard, even if it curls a few toes. By all means this is not the love boat. Not when that gripe is about the same coaches almost every season! Read up on Rule #3. We are not here to air personal vendettas. After reading numerous H&L posts you'd have to be blind not to see the writing on the wall.

You can still post your opinions, but leave the coach/program/kid bashing out of it!

Even your buddy has noticed it

Originally posted by bull19
i talk smack? who is the one that condemns the whole la grange baseball program on here everyday???? :hand: :hand:

I_DONT_CARE
04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Not when that gripe is about the same coaches almost every season! Read up on Rule #3. We are not here to air personal vendettas. After reading numerous H&L posts you'd have to be blind not to see the writing on the wall.

You can still post your opinions, but leave the coach/program/kid bashing out of it!

APPARENTLY THAT TURQUOISE THING YOU PUT AT THE TOP HAS ESCAPED NOTICE. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hookandladder
04-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Not when that gripe is about the same coaches almost every season! Read up on Rule #3. We are not here to air personal vendettas. After reading numerous H&L posts you'd have to be blind not to see the writing on the wall.

Even your buddy has noticed it

For the record, One coach for 2 years. And I have not had any kids play for this coach, as stated before just an armchair coach speaking my opinion. I have only been relaying what is going on in our program, also as I have stated before if you are going to be a High School coach in any sport you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. Mack Brown wins National Chapionship one year the next year people are ragging on him, I don't see him crying. Part of being a coach...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-04-2008, 01:08 PM
For the record, One coach for 2 years. And I have not had any kids play for this coach, as stated before just an armchair coach speaking my opinion. I have only been relaying what is going on in our program, also as I have stated before if you are going to be a High School coach in any sport you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. Mack Brown wins National Chapionship one year the next year people are ragging on him, I don't see him crying. Part of being a coach...

Well said! Speaking opinions, thats what it is all about!

LH Panther Mom
04-04-2008, 01:11 PM
You need to read your pm.

buff4ever
04-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I am confused, how did this baseball talk wind up on a softball thread. That must be where you all went wrong.:D :D :D

Reds fan
04-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I am confused, how did this baseball talk wind up on a softball thread. That must be where you all went wrong.:D :D :D

Just what I was thinking.... oh well, it will be time for Friday softball results in a few hours;)

buff4ever
04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I thought that was kinda funny and didn't want to comment to either side. I could make a fight for both that would make a lot of since, but feel is is unnecessary to add fuel at this point.

pirate4state
04-04-2008, 04:53 PM
For the record, One coach for 2 years. And I have not had any kids play for this coach, as stated before just an armchair coach speaking my opinion. I have only been relaying what is going on in our program, also as I have stated before if you are going to be a High School coach in any sport you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. Mack Brown wins National Chapionship one year the next year people are ragging on him, I don't see him crying. Part of being a coach... I understand that coaches have to accept the good with the bad, BUT and you may want to pay attention....on THIS board...we will NOT allow you to bash a HIGH SCHOOL COACH! PERIOD! And with YOU it is becoming a habit. I suggest you drop it and if you don't you won't be sharing ANY opinions. :rolleyes:

You can rip Mack Brown all you want!