PDA

View Full Version : Kepdawg

Gsquared
04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
I was eating at the Hooters in Plano last night and John Denver was there, I got you an autograph.

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
I thought he was dead.:confused:

pirate4state
04-01-2008, 09:31 AM
LOL

I don't know why this is SO funny, but it is, to me anyway! :D

piratebg
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
I forgot he was dead form some reason. I was thinking, "That's pretty cool." :doh:

Gsquared
04-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I thought he was dead.:confused:
I hope not because I just bought two tickets online for his "show" at the American Airlines Center this Friday

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I hope not because I just bought two tickets online for his "show" at the American Airlines Center this Friday

I thought he died in a skiing accident in Colorado. I guess I'm
confusing him with somebody else.

Gsquared
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
He is dead, I got ripped off.

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
He is dead, I got ripped off.

Whose autograph did you get at Hooters?:confused:

I was totally off on cause of death.

John Denver killed in plane crash
October 13, 1997
Web posted at: 1:38 p.m. EDT (1738 GMT)
SALINAS, California (CNN) -- Singer and songwriter John Denver, whose '70 hits such as "Rocky Mountain High" and "Take Me Home, Country Roads" gained him worldwide fame, was killed Sunday when his small aircraft plunged into Monterey Bay, officials said Monday. He was 53.

His remains were positively identified by the Monterey County Coroner's Office through fingerprints obtained from the state of Colorado, Monterey County Sheriff Norman Hicks said. The National Transportation Safety Board was pursuing details on the cause of the crash itself, while the sheriff's coroners will be investigating the circumstances surrounding the cause of death, he said.

"We share a sense of shock and loss to our community, our nation and the world, and we extend our heartfelt sympathy to the many friends, the family, and the many admirers of John Denver," Hicks said at a Monday news conference.

Denver was piloting the two-seat light plane along the California coast when the engine failed shortly after 5 p.m., plunging him into ocean waters just past Monterey Bay.

He was believed to be the sole person on board the single-engine fiberglass plane, which he owned. It was considered an experimental aircraft, said Pacific Grove police Lt. Carl Miller.

It took officials several hours to positively identify Denver's remains.

Denver owned a home on Monterey Peninsula, a coastal area south of San Francisco, and visited the area often, Hicks said.

Lt. Dave Allard, spokesman for the Monterey County sheriff's department, said an autopsy would be conducted Monday. Toxicology tests, standard for fatal crashes, also will be conducted, he said.

Teri Martell, whose sister Annie was the singer's first wife, had told CNN early Monday that Denver "was a very experienced pilot." Martell said Annie was told he was practicing taking off and landing when the accident occurred.

Denver was in a previous plane accident in April 1989. He walked away uninjured after the 1931 biplane he was piloting spun around while taxiing at an airport in northern Arizona.

In 1995, a flight instructor sued Denver for a runway run-in at Jackson Hole Airport in Wyoming. The instructor alleged the singer was piloting his Christen Eagle in 1994 when the airplane taxied into the flight instructor's Cessna.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9710/13/denver.nc/

Gsquared
04-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Whose autograph did you get at Hooters?:confused:

I was totally off on cause of death.

John Denver killed in plane crash
October 13, 1997
Web posted at: 1:38 p.m. EDT (1738 GMT)
SALINAS, California (CNN) -- Singer and songwriter John Denver, whose '70 hits such as "Rocky Mountain High" and "Take Me Home, Country Roads" gained him worldwide fame, was killed Sunday when his small aircraft plunged into Monterey Bay, officials said Monday. He was 53.

His remains were positively identified by the Monterey County Coroner's Office through fingerprints obtained from the state of Colorado, Monterey County Sheriff Norman Hicks said. The National Transportation Safety Board was pursuing details on the cause of the crash itself, while the sheriff's coroners will be investigating the circumstances surrounding the cause of death, he said.

"We share a sense of shock and loss to our community, our nation and the world, and we extend our heartfelt sympathy to the many friends, the family, and the many admirers of John Denver," Hicks said at a Monday news conference.

Denver was piloting the two-seat light plane along the California coast when the engine failed shortly after 5 p.m., plunging him into ocean waters just past Monterey Bay.

He was believed to be the sole person on board the single-engine fiberglass plane, which he owned. It was considered an experimental aircraft, said Pacific Grove police Lt. Carl Miller.

It took officials several hours to positively identify Denver's remains.

Denver owned a home on Monterey Peninsula, a coastal area south of San Francisco, and visited the area often, Hicks said.

Lt. Dave Allard, spokesman for the Monterey County sheriff's department, said an autopsy would be conducted Monday. Toxicology tests, standard for fatal crashes, also will be conducted, he said.

Teri Martell, whose sister Annie was the singer's first wife, had told CNN early Monday that Denver "was a very experienced pilot." Martell said Annie was told he was practicing taking off and landing when the accident occurred.

Denver was in a previous plane accident in April 1989. He walked away uninjured after the 1931 biplane he was piloting spun around while taxiing at an airport in northern Arizona.

In 1995, a flight instructor sued Denver for a runway run-in at Jackson Hole Airport in Wyoming. The instructor alleged the singer was piloting his Christen Eagle in 1994 when the airplane taxied into the flight instructor's Cessna.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9710/13/denver.nc/
Jonathan Denver now that I look at it. Hmm,wonder who he is

Sweetwater Red
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM

I didn't turn up anything when I googled his name.

DU_stud04
04-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Jonathan Denver now that I look at it. Hmm,wonder who he is sorry g, i needed the money when i sold you those tickets. after hearing you were going to be at hooters, i payed the guy on the corner looking for a job 5$ to say he was john denver and sign a few things to make you believe the concert was still on. i hope you forgive me :(

Gsquared
04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
sorry g, i needed the money when i sold you those tickets. after hearing you were going to be at hooters, i payed the guy on the corner looking for a job 5$ to say he was john denver and sign a few things to make you believe the concert was still on. i hope you forgive me :(
Its ok buddy, but you have to help get my money back. I want to send you to I DONT CARE's house and tell him your Payne Stewart.

crzyjournalist03
04-01-2008, 12:48 PM

dang...that John Denver is full of ****!!!

DU_stud04
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Its ok buddy, but you have to help get my money back. I want to send you to I DONT CARE's house and tell him your Payne Stewart. sounds like a plan, do i have to dress up in the knee high socks and goofy golf pants? cause if so, i might be using that ticket money for some beer first

Gsquared
04-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
sounds like a plan, do i have to dress up in the knee high socks and goofy golf pants? cause if so, i might be using that ticket money for some beer first
Yeah, you gotta wear the knickers to sell it!

waterboy
04-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Or.....to peak his interest, you might dress up as a sheep.:D

DU_stud04
04-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Or.....to peak his interest, you might dress up as a sheep.:D :doh: :doh: :doh:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 11:29 AM
You idiot! You were supposed to get Bob Denver's autograph!

Sweetwater Red
04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/CGJCAXS9I2TCAT7O9ZZCAPRPMU8CASWMJH3.jpg

Gsquared
04-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Ohhhh, I thought you said John, sorry bout that.

Gsquared
04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey, to avoid another embarrasing misunderstanding, you did say to get the POSSE together this weekend right?

kepdawg
04-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey, to avoid another embarrasing misunderstanding, you did say to get the POSSE together this weekend right?

Just forget about it! I can't rely on you to do anything right!

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Sonny Bono!!:doh:

Ranger Mom
04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/CGJCAXS9I2TCAT7O9ZZCAPRPMU8CASWMJH3.jpg

Bob Denver.....he's dead too!!!

Gsquared
04-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Just forget about it! I can't rely on you to do anything right!
Give me one more chance

Sweetwater Red
04-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Bob Denver.....he's dead too!!!

That I didn't know.

So all that's left is Ginger, Mary Ann, and the Professor?:thinking:

Gsquared
04-03-2008, 08:38 AM
That I didn't know.

So all that's left is Ginger, Mary Ann, and the Professor?:thinking: