PDA

View Full Version : chilifest 08'

Bull19
03-31-2008, 08:29 PM
do they still have this event in snook? if so who is playing and when is it?

CHS_CG
03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
It is this Saturday.

Line up includes:

Gary Allen
Pat Green
Stoney LaRue
Aaron Watson
Randy Rogers

Tickets are $35 at the gate.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
do they still have this event in snook? if so who is playing and when is it?

It is still in the BIG town of Snook. The line-up is one of the best, Music Masters, Lazy Farmers, Barons, and Randy and the Serinaters.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
It is still in the BIG town of Snook. The line-up is one of the best, Music Masters, Lazy Farmers, Barons, and Randy and the Serinaters.

barons??? wow i thought all those guys were dead.

are the durjka brothers playing fbb? or central texas sounds?

what bout todd fridge?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
It is this Saturday.

Line up includes:

Gary Allen
Pat Green
Stoney LaRue
Aaron Watson
Randy Rogers

The others went on tour, so they repaced them with this line-up!:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 08:42 PM

what bout todd fridge?

The 1st two are good, the last one I wouldnt see if you paid me!

PurplePride2006
03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
It's Gonna Be A Great Weekend, Driving Down From Canyon With A Group of Friends Friday Morning

Bull19
03-31-2008, 08:50 PM
The others went on tour, so they repaced them with this line-up!:D

i guess that line-up aint bad for last minute. who is pat green though? i've never heard of the singer.

Emerson1
03-31-2008, 08:51 PM
i guess that line-up aint bad for last minute. who is pat green though? i've never heard of the singer.
What kind of music do you like?

Bull19
03-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What kind of music do you like?

polka and death metal

Emerson1
03-31-2008, 08:53 PM
polka and death metal
I don't think you will like the entertainment at chilifest.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
well fbb said the lazy farmers were scheduled to play, and i like them, so i figure they got some other bands that are similar. i think ill go and try it out. never been before. never know if i'll like it unless i try it

Emerson1
03-31-2008, 08:56 PM
well fbb said the lazy farmers were scheduled to play, and i like them, so i figure they got some other bands that are similar. i think ill go and try it out. never been before. never know if i'll like it unless i try it
You are making a good decision, go listen to some good music.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't think you will like the entertainment at chilifest.

No Polka Music in Snook?

Bull19
03-31-2008, 08:59 PM
i can understand now why nobody goes to chilifest.

you mix chili, bbq, beer and you have NO POLKA MUSIC!!! its pretty obvious now why this event usually draws small crowds

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 09:00 PM
You are making a good decision, go listen to some good music.

Go with me we have Back Stage passes, They have an awsome buffett of BBQ, and you can eat all day!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 09:03 PM
i can understand now why nobody goes to chilifest.

you mix chili, bbq, beer and you have NO POLKA MUSIC!!! its pretty obvious now why this event usually draws small crowds

Last year there were almost 200 people!!

Bull19
03-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Go with me we have Back Stage passes, They have an awsome buffett of BBQ, and you can eat all day!!!!!

i guess ill go even though no polka music :( ....

at least i can go get some and eat it all day;)

Bull19
03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Last year there were almost 200 people!!

how did they accommodate for the parking? thats alot of people to be in snook at one time. do they have park and rides set up in houston?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 09:16 PM
how did they accommodate for the parking? thats alot of people to be in snook at one time. do they have park and rides set up in houston?

We get a parking pass, we park behind the oak tree.
By the way momma wants to know who that is in the astro uni?

Bull19
03-31-2008, 09:18 PM
We get a parking pass, we park behind the oak tree.
By the way momma wants to know who that is in the astro uni?

sandra bullocks younger sister

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 09:25 PM
sandra bullocks younger sister

I went out with Sandra last night, then I woke up.:D

Bull's-eye
03-31-2008, 09:40 PM
The last time I went to the Chilifest, I was on stage with George Jones & Sammy Kershaw. :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The last time I went to the Chilifest, I was on stage with George Jones & Sammy Kershaw. :D

Me to, we should have had a meet and greet!

Bull19
03-31-2008, 09:46 PM

what instrument do you play?

Bull's-eye
03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
what instrument do you play?

I just sing!

Bull's-eye
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Me to, we should have had a meet and greet!

Weren't you talking to Nancy Jones?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Weren't you talking to Nancy Jones?

Yes,she was asking for a phone #.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 09:55 PM
I just sing!

Do you sing solo, or far far away?

Bull's-eye
03-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Do you sing solo, or far far away?

In the shower!!

Diocletian
03-31-2008, 10:27 PM
i recommend going you'll have alot of fun

yoemenkracker30
03-31-2008, 10:42 PM

what bout todd fridge?

geez, how about some red ravens, vrazel's polka band, jodie mikula orchestra, majek's, or we could go old school with my grandpa's band the lee roy matocha orchestra (rip grandpa)

Bull19
04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
what time does the music start on saturday? anybody know the orders of the entertainers?

Adidas410s
04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Gary Allan is headlining
Pat Green
Randy Rogers Band
Aaron Watson
Stoney LaRue

Not sure on the order. I've ready that music starts at 11 but that PG goes on at 2:30. You'd think he'd be one of the final 2 on stage. If he goes that early...I would expect RRB to move into the 2 hole behind GA.

mistanice
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
i'll be there friday and sat. Crowd gets too rowdy!! I wish I could get close to the stage and not get beer thrown on me from the wild fans.

Emerson1
04-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
i'll be there friday and sat. Crowd gets too rowdy!! I wish I could get close to the stage and not get beer thrown on me from the wild fans.
Jason got peed on at LJT last year.

Bull's-eye
04-03-2008, 11:21 AM
what time does the music start on saturday? anybody know the orders of the entertainers?

It doesn't say on the website, maybe FBB knows.

fb_gurl
04-03-2008, 08:24 PM
line up should be

Randy Rogers
Stoney LaRue
Pat Green
Aaron Watson
Gary Allen

Gary Allen should be over about 6:30 or 7. Thats about the time Willie went off stage last year.

We've gone for the last 4 or 5 years and have always had a blast!

Bull19
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by fb_gurl
line up should be

Randy Rogers
Stoney LaRue
Pat Green
Aaron Watson
Gary Allen

Gary Allen should be over about 6:30 or 7. Thats about the time Willie went off stage last year.

We've gone for the last 4 or 5 years and have always had a blast!

gary allan over at 7? i dont see that happening?

im sure somebody played after willie last year?

yoemenkracker30
04-03-2008, 08:49 PM
based on crowd's reactions last year....it should be

Stoney LaRue
Aaron Watson
Randy Rogers
Pat Green
Gary Allen

I love AW's music but its not necessarily huge concert material....Pat definitely had the best show last year....nobody matched it

jason
04-03-2008, 08:52 PM
we saw willie nelson, pat green, randy rogers, cory morrow, etc on my bday last october, and pat green definitely put on the best show.....he doesnt have as good of songs as rrb but his stage show was impressive...

but LJT is still > than chilifest...

Bull19
04-03-2008, 09:03 PM
yes but the question wasnt answered. does the music seriously stop at 7?

yoemenkracker30
04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
music saturday starts around 10 or 11....seems like willie was done by 6:30 last year

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
music saturday starts around 10 or 11....seems like willie was done by 6:30 last year

They try to get all the drunks( 90% of the crowd) out before dark.
Dont expect to see music played after 7:15 or so.

g$$
04-04-2008, 05:02 AM
It is this Saturday.

Line up includes:

Gary Allen
Pat Green
Stoney LaRue
Aaron Watson
Randy Rogers

You kids have fun. Used to be a regular, & I think I lost a few years of my life along the way too! Wears you out for about 3 days afterwards, but it's a blast.

If I was choosing the line-up order, this would be it. Sometimes a bigger name plays early afternoon because of other commitments too, thus "headlining" is kind of a misnomer at CF. Some people bail around 5:00ish too. My 1-5 w/ 5 being best...quality line-up again this year.

Gary Allen
Aaron Watson
Stoney LaRue
Pat Green (make him play old stuff)
RRB

jason
04-04-2008, 07:36 AM

Dont expect to see music played after 7:15 or so. thats dumb...

Bull19
04-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by jason
thats dumb...

same thing i was thinking

fb_gurl
04-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Its best it stops so early... thats more time for more drunks to keep drinking then get on the road to go home. Willie was done early. However, there is always a post party at Hurricane Harry's and the Tap on Sat. night. We've always attempted to go, but have been too worn out by the day that we slept through it.

On a weather note: No rain so far, but its awfully gray out now, so maybe it won't be too muddy tomorrow. (Like years past)

jason
04-04-2008, 08:29 AM
i thought the place was a huge campground and everybody stayed the night out there...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bull19
04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
i thought the place was a huge campground and everybody stayed the night out there...:confused: :confused: :confused:

they stay tonight. (friday)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-04-2008, 11:01 AM

This all happens in a cow pasture, near Snook, they move the cattle out for a few days, and the people that stay tonight sleep in tents or on the ground. No one will camp out on Saturday.

CHS_CG
04-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Anybody who is on a chili team(entry fee $40 for friday *at 12pm* till saturday whenever you pack up and leave) and the entertainers and crew are out there and stay the night friday night. If you arent on a team you cant camp out there unless you pay a rental fee for an RV. If you dont do either of those you are allowed in at 10 am on Saturday, advanced tickets are $30 and $35 at the gate.

g$$
04-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Anybody who is on a chili team(entry fee $40 for friday *at 12pm* till saturday whenever you pack up and leave) and the entertainers and crew are out there and stay the night friday night. If you arent on a team you cant camp out there unless you pay a rental fee for an RV. If you dont do either of those you are allowed in at 10 am on Saturday, advanced tickets are $30 and $35 at the gate.

Done it both ways. Staying the night is fun & also other music on Friday night. But it drains you. Never made it back out Sat. night after coming home despite good intentions. Just too tired & inebriated!

Y'all have fun.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-04-2008, 07:25 PM
the entertainers and crew are out there and stay the night friday night. .

:thinking:

CHS_CG
04-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Done it both ways. Staying the night is fun & also other music on Friday night. But it drains you. Never made it back out Sat. night after coming home despite good intentions. Just too tired & inebriated!

Y'all have fun.

Last year I was on a chilifest team and we all went to Harry's thrusday night, was out till 3am.. got up and got out to the site about 1 pm on Friday, set up everything and was drinking by 3pm. We were up all night long, it poured like I have never seen before.. the next day we were all around camp the rest of the day.. we went up to see Ragweed and that was about it. We packed up everything we could that didnt have to be hauled out with a trailer and left about 6pm. I got home about 7pm Saturday night and slept till 2pm on Sunday..

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Im ready for some chili.

g$$
04-06-2008, 05:26 AM
So...how was it in 2008? Give us the good, bad & ugly please!

Muddy?
Music?
Debauchery (you know once the alcohol takes effect)?
Traffic?
Law Enforcement?
etc.

Pass out when got home?

Hope y'all had fun & no trouble...

Bull's-eye
04-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I heard that Bull19 and Stoney LaRue are now close friends, and that Mr. LaRue even threw him a cold one. :thumbsup:

fb_gurl
04-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Had a blast this year just like years past! Music was great. Pics with Aaron Watson as usual. Missed Stoney... got there as he was going off stage. Randy Rogers, Pat Green and Aaron Watson all had a good show. Gary Allan was awesome! Saw one girl hauled out by EMS she was passed out, and only 4 people hand cuffed and pulled out. Cops weren't to bad this year & only passed two on the ride home. Lost of MIP's given. Not as muddy as in years past thankfully! Just paying the price today, MAJOR sunburn!

We made it home and got some supper and were in bed by 8. Didn't get back up till about 4 this morning. 'Bout ready to go back to bed!

g$$
04-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by fb_gurl
Had a blast this year just like years past! Music was great. Pics with Aaron Watson as usual. Missed Stoney... got there as he was going off stage. Randy Rogers, Pat Green and Aaron Watson all had a good show. Gary Allan was awesome! Saw one girl hauled out by EMS she was passed out, and only 4 people hand cuffed and pulled out. Cops weren't to bad this year & only passed two on the ride home. Lost of MIP's given. Not as muddy as in years past thankfully! Just paying the price today, MAJOR sunburn!

We made it home and got some supper and were in bed by 8. Didn't get back up till about 4 this morning. 'Bout ready to go back to bed!

Thanks, good times.

Bull19
04-07-2008, 08:56 AM
I heard that Bull19 and Stoney LaRue are now close friends, and that Mr. LaRue even threw him a cold one. :thumbsup:

word travels fast.

Bull19
04-07-2008, 09:01 AM
had a fantastic time despite the lack of/ or any at all polka music.:( . ready for wurstfest. they know how to have a good time. in fact fbb can prolly tell you what he thinks of the fest down in new braunfels.

Bull's-eye
04-07-2008, 12:55 PM
word travels fast.

Did you join LaRue's fan club?

Bull19
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Did you join LaRue's fan club?

no i didnt. when you're good friends like me and him are, i really dont see the need for joining a fan club. that would be kinda gay