PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks

orange machine
03-31-2008, 07:10 PM
What in the heck is going on with the mavs. They need to start all over again.

CelinaCatFan
03-31-2008, 07:26 PM
The Avery Johnson count has begun. It looks like they will miss the playoffs and can look forward to the draft.

Thank goodness this year's 1st round pick was lotto protected in the Kidd trade.

Emerson1
03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
It would be nice if they could have 2 players perform at a high level at the same time. Dirk was averaging 27 a game the last month until he went down, now Howard has decided to how up for at least 3/4 of games.

Howard could perform so much better if he would just realize he is barely an average jump shooter. He shoots %67 inside the paint, %43 on 2 point jumpers, and only %33 on 3's. Yet he takes %61 of his shots as jumpers, %17 as 3's and only %21 inside the paint.

Avery is gone if they don't win it all this year. He was once again out coached by Don Nelson.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 07:46 PM
dallas has a basketball team?

orange machine
03-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I think its time to get rid of Dirk. He does great until playoff time and then falls apart. They need to bring back Don Nelson he had them right there. They have him in the finals a few years back they win it.

coach
03-31-2008, 07:55 PM
shoulda kept nash and traded dirk

Emerson1
03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I think its time to get rid of Dirk. He does great until playoff time and then falls apart. They need to bring back Don Nelson he had them right there. They have him in the finals a few years back they win it.
lol @ you not knowing what you are talking about. He has had 1 bad series and 1 average of the many he has played. His playoff averages are higher then his regular season every year.

No. If they still have Don Nelson they still play no defense and continue to lose to the Spurs every year in the playoffs.

We couldn't keep Nash, Cuban offered, he wanted money and gave up being a championship contender to go to the suns. Nash has only beaten SA or Dallas once, and that was the year Avery took over a month before the series.

orange machine
03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
lol @ you not knowing what you are talking about. He has had 1 bad series and 1 average of the many he has played. His playoff averages are higher then his regular season every year.

No. If they still have Don Nelson they still play no defense and continue to lose to the Spurs every year in the playoffs.

We couldn't keep Nash, Cuban offered, he wanted money and gave up being a championship contender to go to the suns. Nash has only beaten SA or Dallas once, and that was the year Avery took over a month before the series.

His points might have been up, but thats it.He is getting old they need to trade him now while they can still get something for him. Dirk is not a champion and not one to build your team around thats proven.

Emerson1
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
His points might have been up, but thats it.He is getting old they need to trade him now while they can still get something for him. Dirk is not a champion and not one to build your team around thats proven.
And who do you think they should trade him for? He is only 29 btw

orange machine
03-31-2008, 08:19 PM
And who do you think they should trade him for? He is only 29 btw

Heck i dont know may be they can talk Roy Tarpley or James Donaldson into coming back!!:p

Emerson1
03-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Maybe for the cowboys

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
dallas has a basketball team?

That's the sweetest sig I have ever seen on this board. :thumbsup:

orange machine
03-31-2008, 09:56 PM
It would be great if the mavs could some how when the nba title without Dirk.

Emerson1
03-31-2008, 10:43 PM
It would be great if the mavs could some how when the nba title without Dirk.
They wouldn't even make the playoffs without him.

coach
04-01-2008, 01:06 AM
good win mavs 5 back from first

Emerson1
04-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by coach
good win mavs 5 back from first
More important, full game ahead of Denver

Old Tiger
04-01-2008, 03:26 PM
simple....they're the 3rd best team in the state.

SintonFan
04-01-2008, 08:17 PM
I might mention that losing Diop could hurt.
But then again maybe it's all Avery's fault his team doesn't have enough scoring to win against good teams. JKid could very well be a bust trade...
but who cares when you can excite the fans with your ego alone daily as the big boss. Anyone got a Cubano they can smoke now?

Emerson1
04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I might mention that losing Diop could hurt.
But then again maybe it's all Avery's fault his team doesn't have enough scoring to win against good teams. JKid could very well be a bust trade...
but who cares when you can excite the fans with your ego alone daily as the big boss. Anyone got a Cubano they can smoke now?
I don't think it has hurt as much as people thought it would.

He wasn't doing much of anything this year, 3 ppg and 5 rpg in 17 minutes. He was still getting hype for shutting down Timmy D in the game 7 OT

If Howard would just drive the paint every time he would be unstoppable. He shoots %67 inside the lane and %38 outside. There are 30 other players that can do what he does on the brown part of the court.

SintonFan
04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't think it has hurt as much as people thought it would.

He wasn't doing much of anything this year, 3 ppg and 5 rpg in 17 minutes. He was still getting hype for shutting down Timmy D in the game 7 OT

If Howard would just drive the paint every time he would be unstoppable. He shoots %67 inside the lane and %38 outside. There are 30 other players that can do what he does on the brown part of the court.
Stats don't make or break a player on a certain team or any. Timmy averages around 19 and 11. You gonna tell me he's not a top 10 player for consideration for a first pick on any team? Leadership should be considered his strength.
The opposite is true for guys on the low end of stats because of match ups. Diop gave the Mavs an advantage because of his non-stat defensive presence. Spurs thrive on this kind of stuff... still doesn't give them a title automatically. That has to be earned. Period.