PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater leads 7-3A golf tournament

Sweetwater Red
03-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Mustangs lead district golf tourney

Written by Staff Reports

Monday, 31 March 2008

BRECKENRIDGE — Sweetwater is in first place, both collectively and individually, after Thursday’s completion of the first 18-hole leg of the District 7-3A boys golf tournament.
As a team, Sweetwater shot a 347 under blustery conditions at Breckenridge Country Club, giving the Mustangs an eight-shot advantage over second-place Wylie.
Sweetwater’s best individual score was recorded by Jake Lawrence, who is also in first place in the individual standings after firing an 82.
Lawrence, a sophomore, has a two-shot lead over Wylie’s Chris Rodriguez while Kelci Gonzales of Clyde is in third place with an 86.
Sweetwater’s Cameron Studdard and Kameron Pugh both shot 88s, while Cameron Lawrence carded an 89 and Craig Corley had a 92.
Sweetwater’s No. 2 team is in third place with a 376 total, followed by Clyde (378), Breckenridge (382), Wylie No. 2 (385) and Comanche (407). Playing for Sweetwater’s No. 2 team are Bowie Lee (89), Clint Jay (91), Matt Hord (98), Brent Aiken (98) and Jace Bentle (98).
Sweetwater also had three medalists who played Thursday. They were Zach Wetsel (98), Hunter Foust (112) and Tim Moore (121).
Sweetwater will host the second 18-hole leg of the tournament Wednesday, April 2, with the third and final leg of the tournament to be played April 8 at Wylie.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/84446/122/

Adidas410s
03-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Which course is worse...Breck or Merkel???

They should stick to rotating between Clyde (Shady Oaks), Sweetwater, and Wylie (Fairway, ACC or Dback). If the other school(s) don't have a course that's up to par...then they don't get to host.

Sweetwater Red
03-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Which course is worse...Breck or Merkel???

They should stick to rotating between Clyde (Shady Oaks), Sweetwater, and Wylie (Fairway, ACC or Dback). If the other school(s) don't have a course that's up to par...then they don't get to host.

I agree. Breckenridge was the "neutral site" between
Sweetwater and Wylie. Now that the last two rounds are
going to be played on their home courses I'd have to give
Sweetwater the advantage.

nobogey72
03-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I agree. Breckenridge was the "neutral site" between
Sweetwater and Wylie. Now that the last two rounds are
going to be played on their home courses I'd have to give
Sweetwater the advantage.

Who cares about golf anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's not like a MAJOR sport or anything.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I care so little about it that I haven't even played since.......let's see, lemme think..... OK, yesterday. :doh:

Adidas410s
03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
NB...next time you're in Dallas you should check out Top Golf. It's a driving range...but you actually play games instead of just hitting balls. It's 2 decks...the balls have sensors in them that give you a score depending on which target you and hit and where you land on the target. And oh yeah...they have a full bar and menu. :D:D:D

For $25 I can hit 40 balls (2 games of 20 balls each)...take some money off of Wu...and enjoy some Miller Lite. Best part...it only takes about an hour or hour and a half. 5+ hour rounds at the $40-50 public course just isn't as appealing to me anymore.

injuredinmelee
03-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Everyone enjoy the Golf titles now because with Snyder and Graham coming back in the battle amongst the current teams will be for third.

nobogey72
03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Everyone enjoy the Golf titles now because with Snyder and Graham coming back in the battle amongst the current teams will be for third.

very true, except that Brownwood is pretty good too. :mad:

VWG
04-01-2008, 07:49 AM
I think I read online where Graham's girls team had a 41 shot lead in their district tournament after the first day.
That is solid after first round.