PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Caldwell Hornets?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Bellville 11-6 season and 3-0 in district will travel to Caldwell to face the Hornets on Tuesday, the Hornets 5-11-1 season and 2-1 in district. Will ace Tallerine for Bellville stop the 9 run average of the Hornets or will Cory Och get the jod done for the Hornets?

HawkEye
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
A little history from the 2007 season:

Caldwell knocked Tallerine out of the game (first meeting between the two) but lost a heart breaker in the 7th (after the infamous blow out light pole caused a two hour delay). Tallerine won the second meeting, striking out 15.

Tuesday will be a match up between two outstanding 3A pitchers. Get there early to get a seat.

zebrablue2
03-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Go Brahmas..

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by HawkEye
Get there early to get a seat.

How early? Are the stands that small?

XMan
03-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Brahmas in a romp.

buff4ever
03-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Caldwell didn't show me anything that would make me vote for them in this one. I can't see a blow out however, bellville doesn't have the threat to blow out. However they will score more runs than caldwell in this one.

trg
03-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Bellville over Caldwell!!!!!!

Go Bulls

orangeblood
03-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Go Brahmas..

Hope you not umpiring that game.....

orangeblood
03-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Caldwell didn't show me anything that would make me vote for them in this one. I can't see a blow out however, bellville doesn't have the threat to blow out. However they will score more runs than caldwell in this one.

Buff, come on if we would have done a couple things different in Giddings we would be 3-0....... Funny thing is baseball is different than any other sport. You never know. We will see Tuesday. The team that gets the breaks wins this one. Hope Bellville is expecting the 2 hour light delay.........

buff4ever
03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
I know where you are coming from orangeblood, but think about what you just said. Giddings played as bad against caldwell as they did against bellville and caldwell couldn't win. All I am saying is that caldwell and giddings and bellville haven't shown much, but bellville has shown more than caldwell.

I don't see any threads in the near future claiming our district is better than any districts around us.

orangeblood
03-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I know where you are coming from orangeblood, but think about what you just said. Giddings played as bad against caldwell as they did against bellville and caldwell couldn't win. All I am saying is that caldwell and giddings and bellville haven't shown much, but bellville has shown more than caldwell.

I don't see any threads in the near future claiming our district is better than any districts around us.

Agreed, easy to slip up on someone that way......

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
. Hope Bellville is expecting the 2 hour light delay.........

What is the big deal about the one light pole? The Problem was 25 feet in the air, some balises went out, I am so sure some one shimmied up the pole 25 feet during the game and messed with the lights.

HawkEye
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What is the big deal about the one light pole? The Problem was 25 feet in the air, some balises went out, I am so sure some one shimmied up the pole 25 feet during the game and messed with the lights.

The HP umpire and the Bellville HC had the bright idea of turning off all the lights in the stadium to get the bottom three on the 3rd base pole to turn on. What happened was it blew the entire pole. It took two hours to get it back on. The Hornets were winning, and had the momentum, when the pole went out. Baseball is all about handling adversity.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Baseball is all about handling adversity.

and i guess caldwell didnt have to good of a grip on it that night ;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 08:50 PM
The HP umpire and the Bellville HC had the bright idea of turning off all the lights in the stadium to get the bottom three on the 3rd base pole to turn on. What happened was it blew the entire pole. It took two hours to get it back on. The Hornets were winning, and had the momentum, when the pole went out. Baseball is all about handling adversity.

Sounds like Bellville only won because the lights went out? I will be sure to see who will be standing by the light switch during the game!

Bull19
03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
looks like bull19 will be at the game tomm night

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
looks like bull19 will be at the game tomm night

Is Sandra's sis comming?

Bull19
03-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Is Sandra's sis comming?

no she's staying in smithville. she's gotta tape the stros' game for me.

Bull's-eye
03-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
no she's staying in smithville. she's gotta tape the stros' game for me.

I might be going to Smithville. Do you have an address?

Bull19
03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I might be going to Smithville. Do you have an address?

yes. what do you think we live under the colorado river bridge or what?

we prefer to have are address unlisted though. too many people like fbb who harass us because of our beauty.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I might be going . Do you have a dress for me to wear?

trg
04-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Congrats to the Bulls on the win. And Caldwell played a good game. WTG to our CF/LF. Good job