PDA

View Full Version : played on line poker last night for the first time

STANG RED
03-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Now I am addicted.

On a whime I went to full tilt poker, read the rules and how it worked and just decided what the heck. Its free anyway and when you bust they will give you another $1000 play money to go again. I must have busted 4 or 5 times in that first hour, but then it all started clicking. Within the next hour I was up over $20,000 several times and never got below $13,000. I finally quit at nearly 4 this morning and still had over $15,000. It was a blast! And I got to meet and play with people from all over the world, which was very cool. But beware, if you like poker it is very very addicting. So dont even start if you dont want to get addicted to it. Its all I can do to stay away from it right now, but if I dont get some of these honey doos done around here, that mean ol lady of mine is going to run my butt off. In fact I better get moving before she catches me on this computer.;) yall have a great day.

Gobbla2001
03-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I've used pokerstars for play and real money... haven't played online in a while but I've won a few games with friends over the past month and a half... there'll be about five or six of us, $20 buy-in, 1st place gets however much and 2nd gets however much...

I think out of the last 9 games we've played I've gotten first 3 times and second 3 times... I'd do better but one of my friends gets real drunk and bets on everything and it throws me off...

jason
03-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'd do better but one of my friends gets real drunk and bets on everything and it throws me off... i hate it when people do that - it makes it no fun for all the sober folks...

Cameron Crazy
03-30-2008, 12:10 PM
I used to play alot. Then I backed off, judging by this thread, I might have to start again. :D

Diocletian
03-30-2008, 12:24 PM
i have a suggestion for you all

it will save you $$$$ to play for fun money at

www.absolutepoker.com

it's a great site with many skilled players, all you do is create an account, they give you 4k in fun money and you play on

some players there have millions in fun money it's crazy and fun....plus none of your real money is eventualy lost away cause you thought you were having a good day

STANG RED
03-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I've used pokerstars for play and real money... haven't played online in a while but I've won a few games with friends over the past month and a half... there'll be about five or six of us, $20 buy-in, 1st place gets however much and 2nd gets however much...

I think out of the last 9 games we've played I've gotten first 3 times and second 3 times... I'd do better but one of my friends gets real drunk and bets on everything and it throws me off...

Yea, I play with a group of guys just about every Wednesday night like that. $20 buy in for $5,000 in chips + a $10 pad for 1/2 again as many chips at 9:00 pm if you want it. We start the blinds at $25 / $50 and double every 30 minutes. The game usually ends between 10 and 11 with the blinds being like $6,000 and $12,000. We usually pay the top 3 places. I'll sometimes play a Saturday night game as well. It's a lot of fun, and nobody is ever out enough money to hurt, but if you win its a nice little payday.

But this was my first time with online poker, and I really enjoyed it a lot. And since it was just play money, it is for nothing but pure entertainment. All I played this time was a $5 / $10 no limit game, but the pots sometimes got up over $10,000 and were nearly always over $1,000.