PDA

View Full Version : Somebody tell me how to........

nobogey72
03-30-2008, 07:56 AM
convert some cassette tapes to CDs. I'm not talking about how to do it myself, but what kind of store or company or whatever, does this kind of stuff. There used to be this morning character on WBAP named "Sam From Sales" that I used to listen to religiously. Some of the funniest stuff I have ever heard in my life. I have called WBAP, looked on EBAY, tried everything I could think of to find some tapes. WBAP quit selling them years ago. A friend of mine happened to have the whole collection,12 cassette tapes. He gave them to me and I am trying to get them converted to CDs.:helpme: :helpme:

STANG RED
03-30-2008, 11:18 AM
There is a recording studio over in Clyde that can probably do it for you. But I dont know what the place is called, or if it is even still there.

Ranger Mom
03-30-2008, 11:15 PM
I figured out how to get cassettes to my computer. I also figured out how to convert them to a MP3 format.

My problem is, when I burn it to a CD, it works fine on my computer, but I can't play it in a CD player!!:confused: :confused:

WOS87
03-31-2008, 01:55 AM
There are dozens of different ways to go about doing it but this guy explains it step by step quite clearly:

How to convert Vinyl or Cassette to CD for free (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5CSJ7LzrU)

nobogey72
03-31-2008, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
There is a recording studio over in Clyde that can probably do it for you. But I dont know what the place is called, or if it is even still there.

OK, that's real funny. You're just trying to get my arse whooped now. I can just see me pulling into Clyde with my Wylie sticker on my pickup and ask, "Hey yaw'll know where any recording studios are?" Real funny there Stang. They'd probly say," yeah, hop in with us buddy, we'll take you over there. It's right across the street from our ice skating training facility!" Yeah, I'll run over there first thing this morning. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

STANG RED
03-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
OK, that's real funny. You're just trying to get my arse whooped now. I can just see me pulling into Clyde with my Wylie sticker on my pickup and ask, "Hey yaw'll know where any recording studios are?" Real funny there Stang. They'd probly say," yeah, hop in with us buddy, we'll take you over there. It's right across the street from our ice skating training facility!" Yeah, I'll run over there first thing this morning. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WUSS!!!:D

Sweetwater Red
03-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
WUSS!!!:D

Well, he IS from Wylie.:thinking: :D

BreckTxLonghorn
03-31-2008, 09:49 AM
convert some cassette tapes to CDs. I'm not talking about how to do it myself, but what kind of store or company or whatever, does this kind of stuff. There used to be this morning character on WBAP named "Sam From Sales" that I used to listen to religiously. Some of the funniest stuff I have ever heard in my life. I have called WBAP, looked on EBAY, tried everything I could think of to find some tapes. WBAP quit selling them years ago. A friend of mine happened to have the whole collection,12 cassette tapes. He gave them to me and I am trying to get them converted to CDs.:helpme: :helpme:

Sam From Sales was HILARIOUS (ye-es!). I remember looking for a collection a few years back and finding nothing. If you get this figured out, make a few copies. I would buy 2 sets myself.

nobogey72
03-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok. Yaw'll can quit looking now. I found out who does it, and it's really pretty cheap.:)

AP Panther Fan
03-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok. Yaw'll can quit looking now. I found out who does it, and it's really pretty cheap.:)

whew, glad you told us...I was getting really tired of searching the Abilene area for someone that provides this service.:cool:

crzyjournalist03
03-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I figured out how to get cassettes to my computer. I also figured out how to convert them to a MP3 format.

My problem is, when I burn it to a CD, it works fine on my computer, but I can't play it in a CD player!!:confused: :confused:

depending on the burning software you are using, you may have not "finished" the CD...you have to go somewhere within the program and look for something like "finalize" to make it playable on a CD player. It works on your computer, because your computer recognizes what .mp3 stands for. By Finalizing the CD, you burn the entire song onto the CD so that CD players can read it.

Ranger Mom
03-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
depending on the burning software you are using, you may have not "finished" the CD...you have to go somewhere within the program and look for something like "finalize" to make it playable on a CD player. It works on your computer, because your computer recognizes what .mp3 stands for. By Finalizing the CD, you burn the entire song onto the CD so that CD players can read it.

Oh....I went home at lunch and tried it out changing it from a Mp3 format to a WMA format. It worked!

See....I'm not quite so dumb after all!!:)

crzyjournalist03
03-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh....I went home at lunch and tried it out changing it from a Mp3 format to a WMA format. It worked!

See....I'm not quite so dumb after all!!:)

cool!

I never listen to music, don't have an iPod, and haven't bought a CD in about 8 years, so I honestly wouldn't have had a clue except for the fact that interns at radio stations get to do all sorts of exciting tasks like burn CDs for hours at a time. :nerd:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM

Most old CD players lack the capability of being able to play CDs in the MP3 format. Also, make sure that you finalize a CD, otherwise it won't play.

Ranger Mom
03-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Most old CD players lack the capability of being able to play CDs in the MP3 format. Also, make sure that you finalize a CD, otherwise it won't play.

I bought it at Christmas!!

You would think it would have all the new technology!!