PDA

View Full Version : GreenMonster

Necks_Fan
03-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Just so you would know I was referring to Columbia's Jordan Barrot who won state last year in the 275# weight class with a total over 2000# and a bench press of 525# I think. So, 18 people lifted over 360 and he's in the heaviest weight class?

Regardless, a great showing and he's only a junior? He will be back next year better and stronger. Hopefully he will win it.

Congrats.:clap:

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I thought he won 2007 SHW? :confused:

Necks_Fan
04-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I thought he won 2007 SHW? :confused: You are right. I'm sorry it was the SHW. Regardless, I think he weighed in around 280. Maybe not though. I'm not positive on his weight but it was the SHW.

GreenMonster
04-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Just so you would know I was referring to Columbia's Jordan Barrot who won state last year in the 275# weight class with a total over 2000# and a bench press of 525# I think.

Just so you would know, I was just stating that what this kid was doing is still huge. Your one example is an anomoly. Not normal. A total over 2000 is extremely huge in the HS powerlifting scene. Kudos to the kid from Columbia, but your original comment came off as if it was common and you also tried to make yourself to look as if you really KNOW because you witnessed your one example. An exaple that was the very best of the best in the strongest weight class in all of 3A.

GreenMonster
04-05-2008, 07:19 PM
What I'm really trying to get across is that you need to be a little more positive and not so negative. We are here to praise the youth of 3A not run them in the ground for being merely good not great.