PDA

View Full Version : How much to you pay per kWh?

STANG RED
03-29-2008, 11:24 AM
I am paying TXU .1477 per kWh.

I have average billing so my bill is always between $130 & $150 each month, which doesnt seem too bad to me, but I have gas for heating and water heater and it averages about $55 per month, which I also dont think is bad at all.

I'm just wondering what everyone else is paying, so I can compare.

bccards
03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
keep in mind square footage of your home will come into play, so its hard to say without including your sq ft.

Adidas410s
03-29-2008, 11:51 AM
.14 w/ Reliant

but I'm about to get something lower cuz they're going up to .145 on April 1st for me...not sure what yet.

OnceABucJr
03-29-2008, 11:52 AM
.121 per KWh on last bill. Alls bill this year have been around this number. Provider is NEC-RD (Nueces Electric Cooperative in Robstown, Texas). My understanding is that NEC is the ONLY Cooperative licensed as a Service Provider like TXU, etc? As a Co-op the shareholders are the members and any profits go back into facilities to provide the service not as dividends to the shareholders like TXU, etc. We looked around alot before picking NEC as our provider and have been very satified ever since.

DU_stud04
03-29-2008, 12:31 PM
i was looking around for better prices as well.... i think gexa energy is going for .0932. we switced from them in september because it had gotten to about .14per kwh, and they always seemed to send their bills about 3 weeks late, which would give us a day to mail in our payment or it would be late then we would be charged more. right now we're with directy energy, ill look at the bill later on and see what the rate is, i think last month was .118

piratebg
03-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I have CPL and they are raping me. That's all I have to say about that. :(

BuffyMars
03-29-2008, 04:28 PM
we switched to green mountain energy from txu which we got continuously got robbed from.

green mountain always uses winter rates. we never pay more than $200/mo, as opposed to txu where we were paying at least $350/mo.

STANG RED
03-29-2008, 04:43 PM
I just went to this site:

http://www.powertochoose.org/

Found service providers and prices from .111 up to .150 per kWh with fixed rates for my area. A couple of non fixed rates companies even had it as low as .099, but I bet their rates fluctuate too much. My bill would be nearly $50 cheaper on average with this rate than what I'm paying now.
I think it's time to make a change.

SWMustang
03-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I think TXU is the worst choice out there.

Phil C
03-29-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure who my company is but I am not changing. Another company came by the house and promised us the moon and tons of savings plus they said no deposit because we had paid our bills faithfully. Then they up and decided to ask for a $500 deposit. I quickly nixed that deal and stayed with who we got. So don't come by my house trying to get me to switch electric companys!

:mad:

Haunta Yo
03-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Electricity follows natural gas prices, so everything's going up a little over the next few months.

Stream Energy through Ignite is sitting at .132, but I jumped on board and now they are PAYING ME for using them...
I LOVE IT because CPL and TXU never paid me anything and neither did Cirro.

Co-ops (like Nueces County Co-op and bluebonnet) usually have great rates because they are basically "non-profit". It's still weird geting paid an actual check from Stream.

If you wanna know how they do it, U2U me.

Diocletian
03-30-2008, 08:10 AM
are you guys including the monthly base charge to your per/kwh

STANG RED
03-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
are you guys including the monthly base charge to your per/kwh

I was just refering to the posted cost per kWh shown on my bill.

I sent TXU customer service an email yesterday stateing their price as being among the highest in the industry and that I will be making a change within a week if they will not adjust it. I doubt it will do any good, but I have had service with them for many years so who knows. its at least worth a try.

Diocletian
03-30-2008, 12:39 PM
i have been getting mad calls lately from misc companies trying to get my business, each one always has a new program or new plan to try and save me $$, but i just always stay with FCP- First Choice Power

they are very helpful and super cheap, currently i'm paying less than $0.14 every month for the last couple years

charlesrixey
03-30-2008, 02:58 PM
one good thing about military housing--

i pay no utilities or housing costs of any kind, other than non-essentials like cable, phone and internet

plus 2,300 sq ft/4 bdrm/3 bath and a 2 car garage isn't too bad (housing size is based on # of dependents)

too bad my base pay is 23000 BEFORE taxes

Blastoderm55
03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
My rate is right around $0.14 per kwh. My bill last month was under $70, but that's because we primarily use fans for cooling and rarely turn on the A/C on account of me being a cheapass. :p