PDA

View Full Version : Astros Season opener

Necks_Fan
03-29-2008, 09:10 AM
is Monday in San Diego against the Padres.

Oh I hope this is the year that everything falls into place.

I don't know if I can handle anymore losing.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
is Monday in San Diego against the Padres.

Oh I hope this is the year that everything falls into place.

I don't know if I can handle anymore losing. We have waited long enough for a Astros vs Rangers World Series, This has to be the year :)

good luck astros this year

zebrablue2
03-29-2008, 11:00 AM
believe me, I am as big of an astro fan as there is. I am hoping for the best, with the little pitching we have, not expecting too much. hope they prove me wrong.... GO ASTROS...

Maroon87
03-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I don't know if I can handle anymore losing.

I think this statement shows how much the expectations of Astros fans have been raised in the last two decades. This is a team that has had 2 losing seasons since 1993, a span that includes 4 division titles, 6 playoff appearances and an NL pennant, yet when we have a sub-par year you'd think we've been losing forever.

Personally, I love it. I agree with Necks_Fan 100%. Once you get a taste of the Fall Classic, anything short of that is a major letdown.

And a 73 win season is a full-blown crisis.:doh:

sahen
03-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I think this statement shows how much the expectations of Astros fans have been raised in the last two decades. This is a team that has had 2 losing seasons since 1993, a span that includes 4 division titles, 6 playoff appearances and an NL pennant, yet when we have a sub-par year you'd think we've been losing forever.

Personally, I love it. I agree with Necks_Fan 100%. Once you get a taste of the Fall Classic, anything short of that is a major letdown.

And a 73 win season is a full-blown crisis.:doh:
really, haha i was thinking the same thing...sometimes you just have to start rebuilding, the astros may be there, we rnt the yankees/red sox and dont have the money to reload all the time...

zebrablue2
03-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I saw on the news Woody Williams was released today. They thought at age 41 he did not have it. His ERA at spring training was 11 plus. Wonder if another team will give him a shot..