PDA

View Full Version : Who writes these headlines?

injuredinmelee
03-28-2008, 11:03 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/hsguru73/65456415.jpg

Emerson1
03-28-2008, 11:03 PM
hahahahaha

DU_stud04
03-28-2008, 11:25 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nobogey72
03-29-2008, 07:04 AM
I don't know but that couldn't have been an accident. One year back in late 60's, McMurry had a great RB-WR-return man named Leonard Peters who was from Seymore. The week prior to playing ACU, he was hurt and the buzz was whether or not he would be able to play. McMurry ended up winning, Leonard Peters didn't play a snap, and swear to goodness the headline in the ARN the nex morning was "MCMURRY WINS WITH PETERS OUT" That is a true story. My friend Marc Case who is the BBall coach at Cooper has a copy of it in a scrapbook. He was playing basketball at McMurry at the time.:) :)

STANG RED
03-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
"MCMURRY WINS WITH PETERS OUT" :)

:eek: Wow, and to think the NFL is all concerned about hair hanging out of helmets. It could always be worse.:D

CHS_CG
03-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:eek: Wow, and to think the NFL is all concerned about hair hanging out of helmets. It could always be worse.:D

LOL I dont think people think when they write this stuff at all!

piratebg
03-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/hsguru73/65456415.jpg

Classic

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
LOL I dont think people think when they write this stuff at all!

They do and they know what theyr are doing when they write headlines like that..It is all about it getting noticed, and titles like that make people notice

Ranger Mom
03-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
They do and they know what theyr are doing when they write headlines like that..It is all about it getting noticed, and titles like that make people notice

I agree!! I do the same thing on this very board when possible!!:D

STANG RED
03-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

And if its good enough even Jay Leno will read them to millions. LOL I love it when he reads wedding announcements. Some of those are hilarious.:D

injuredinmelee
03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I don't know but that couldn't have been an accident. One year back in late 60's, McMurry had a great RB-WR-return man named Leonard Peters who was from Seymore. The week prior to playing ACU, he was hurt and the buzz was whether or not he would be able to play. McMurry ended up winning, Leonard Peters didn't play a snap, and swear to goodness the headline in the ARN the nex morning was "MCMURRY WINS WITH PETERS OUT" That is a true story. My friend Marc Case who is the BBall coach at Cooper has a copy of it in a scrapbook. He was playing basketball at McMurry at the time.:) :)

thats awesome!!! I have never heard about that one but off the the public library I will go to get a pic of that

nobogey72
03-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
And if its good enough even Jay Leno will read them to millions. LOL I love it when he reads wedding announcements. Some of those are hilarious.:D

Another true story. About 4 or 5 yrs ago a friend of mine that at the time was the golf pro at Shady Oaks in Baird whose name is Derek Long got married to girl named Amy Boyer. So when the wedding announcement came out in the paper it was
BOYER-LONG. A local realtor in sent it in to Jay Leno and sure enough it made the tonight show. :D :D