PDA

View Full Version : LHPM - Best wishes at Powerlifting State Meet

ProudHornetMom
03-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I tried to pm you...you're box is full.

We wish Brandon the best at state and will be anxious to hear. Keep us posted!

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I had planned on going, but didn't realize that my husband had Saturday off, so I have a list of honey-do's that need my supervision!!

She is supposed to keep my updated, and either Rita or I can update the board!

44INAROW
03-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Good Luck Brandon........ RM or P4S - please give my cell a call when you find something out - I'll be going between the Jr High District track meet and the baseball game........

pirate4state
03-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Even though we have a jr. high track meet, I'll probably stay home to try and rest & get over this junk I have. When Deb calls - I'll post the results and give you a ring Lorey. :)

44INAROW
03-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Even though we have a jr. high track meet, I'll probably stay home to try and rest & get over this junk I have. When Deb calls - I'll post the results and give you a ring Lorey. :)

thanks and I hope you get some much needed rest and recover from the crud you've had.........

LHMom
03-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Good Luck, Brandon! Represent the Panthers well!

pirate4state
03-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Squat = 675
Bench = 360

Last event will be dead lift.

Currently he is in 4th place. 3rd place is 10 lbs ahead of him & 2nd place is 20 lbs ahead of him.

Necks_Fan
03-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Squat = 675
Bench = 360

Last event will be dead lift.

Currently he is in 4th place. 3rd place is 10 lbs ahead of him & 2nd place is 20 lbs ahead of him. What position does he play?

Is he on the line because 360# bench is not that much for a lineman at a state powerlifting meet. Either way, the squat is impressive and Good luck.

GreenMonster
03-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
What position does he play?

Is he on the line because 360# bench is not that much for a lineman at a state powerlifting meet. Either way, the squat is impressive and Good luck.

I don't know what you are smoking, but 360 is a big bench press number even at the State meet. That's dang near 400 lbs.

Necks_Fan
03-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I don't know what you are smoking, but 360 is a big bench press number even at the State meet. That's dang near 400 lbs. Well, what weight class?

I'm sorry, I was used to the 500# plus that I saw first hand last year.

pirate4state
03-29-2008, 01:54 PM
What position does he play?

Can you do it? :rolleyes:

CHS_CG
03-29-2008, 01:58 PM
GO BRANDON GO!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Necks_Fan
03-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Can you do it? :rolleyes: Ok, wow. Way to be immature. I was just asking what position he plays and how big he is because I was referencing to the weight he was lifting. If you didn't notice I gave him credit and even wished him luck. Ya'll need to loosen up some and quit being so defensive and quick to hop on somebody's case. Geez. If anyone can actually answer the question that would be nice.

Ranger Mom
03-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Ok, wow. Way to be immature. I was just asking what position he plays and how big he is because I was referencing to the weight he was lifting. If you didn't notice I gave him credit and even wished him luck. Ya'll need to loosen up some and quit being so defensive and quick to hop on somebody's case. Geez. If anyone can actually answer the question that would be nice.

Why don't YOU answer the question asked of you....can YOU do it??

You many have wished him luck, but you still insulted what he did!!

Necks_Fan
03-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Why don't YOU answer the question asked of you....can YOU do it??

You many have wished him luck, but you still insulted what he did!! First off, No I can't bench 360#.

Now, I didn't mean for it to come off as sounding insulting. I wanted to know if he weighs 350# or 200# or what because the weight would be alot more impressive if he was not that big and wasn't a tackle.

Now, since maybe everyone is through trying to make me feel stupid, can anyone answer the question.

P.S. There is a difference between insulting and speaking the truth. I did not intend to insult anyone. I simply wanted to know his size and position so I could compare his weight totals to other people at the meet.

Emerson1
03-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I can bench a 360, maybe even 2

Necks_Fan
03-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I can bench a 360, maybe even 2 Lol. Be quiet.

DU_stud04
03-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Can you do it? :rolleyes: yes :D

STANG RED
03-29-2008, 03:58 PM
I think 360# is an awesome bench on free weights for any high school kid, I dont care what size they are. There is certainly many more that cant even get close to that than there are that can.

pirate4state
03-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Dead lift = 500

I think he actually did better at regionals. His total weight was 1535. Deb didn't give any details regarding his place.

Congrats on making it to state Brandon! There's always next year! :)

STANG RED
03-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Dead lift = 500

I think he actually did better at regionals. His total weight was 1535. Deb didn't give any details regarding his place.

Congrats on making it to state Brandon! There's always next year! :)

So he's just a junior?

pirate4state
03-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
So he's just a junior?
Yes

pirate4state
03-29-2008, 04:20 PM
He was 6th overall in his weight class (275).

Congrats Brandon :clap:

Panther One
03-29-2008, 04:37 PM
I think it should be mentioned that Brandon has been a starter on LH's line now for two years and has two state championships. I guess you could say that state championships aren't won with the bench press...

ProudHornetMom
03-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Great job Brandon!

Caldwell has a lifter at state - John Tucker. I'm waiting to hear how he did.

tigerpride_08
03-29-2008, 08:06 PM
i know one of our lifters that went, Erich Jaquez, won state in the 148 class...congrats...:clap:

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2008, 08:42 PM
First off, No I can't bench 360#.

Now, I didn't mean for it to come off as sounding insulting. I wanted to know if he weighs 350# or 200# or what because the weight would be alot more impressive if he was not that big and wasn't a tackle.

Now, since maybe everyone is through trying to make me feel stupid, can anyone answer the question.

P.S. There is a difference between insulting and speaking the truth. I did not intend to insult anyone. I simply wanted to know his size and position so I could compare his weight totals to other people at the meet.
He weighed in yesterday afternoon at 268.5 and is still 16, 2-yr starting OT (STRONG) side. Considering his bench at the first meet 7 weeks ago was 310, I think 360 is great.

His last deadlift the option was to go for 3rd or try for 5th. He went for it, didn't get it, but that's fine too. Heck, not everyone is there setting records. I was certainly proud of him for doing as well as he did. He's the only Liberty Hill kid that I know of that has competed in two state competitions in the same school year. :)

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2008, 08:48 PM
If there was a kid that I really would've liked to have seen lift (other than Brandon), it was Ty Cloe from Tahoka, in the Div 3 275 class. His Regional qualifying lift (1875) was the highest of any division, any weight class. His lift today was 1900, with 810 squat :eek: , 480 bench & 610 deadlift.

For anyone interested, State Meet results are up. Congrats to all the kids. :clap:

http://www.thspa.org/state_meet/2008/20081.htm

GreenMonster
03-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Well, what weight class?

I'm sorry, I was used to the 500# plus that I saw first hand last year. Just for the record, in all of class 3A there were ZERO 500lb bench presses, eleven 400 + lb bench presses, and only 18 lifters that went higher than 360lbs on the bench press in all weight classes. I think that a 360 lb bench press as a 16 year old Junior is EXTREMELY impressive.

Panther One
03-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He's the only Liberty Hill kid that I know of that has competed in two state competitions in the same school year. :)
Actually, it was done just last year. Branden Cardenas started at cornerback for the 2006 State Championship team and then finished 4th in the 300 hurdles at the state meet last spring (.09 seconds from finishing second). And it wasn't the same school year, but the same calendar year when Brent Bode did it (triple Jump at state as a junior, football that next fall as a senior).

It's a trend that I hope continues...

44INAROW
03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Congrats on all the Bradon had accomplished in football and powerlifting...... I will admit I don't understand all the terminology but it sure sounds like alot of weight to lift :)

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Actually, it was done just last year. Branden Cardenas started at cornerback for the 2006 State Championship team and then finished 4th in the 300 hurdles at the state meet last spring (.09 seconds from finishing second). And it wasn't the same school year, but the same calendar year when Brent Bode did it (triple Jump at state as a junior, football that next fall as a senior).

It's a trend that I hope continues...
Sorry, you're right.

:doh: :doh: And I was at both track meets to watch them. He is in very good company. :)

STANG RED
03-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He weighed in yesterday afternoon at 268.5 and is still 16, 2-yr starting OT (STRONG) side. Considering his bench at the first meet 7 weeks ago was 310, I think 360 is great.

His last deadlift the option was to go for 3rd or try for 5th. He went for it, didn't get it, but that's fine too. Heck, not everyone is there setting records. I was certainly proud of him for doing as well as he did. He's the only Liberty Hill kid that I know of that has competed in two state competitions in the same school year. :)

I know you are very proud of him, as you should be. And I hope your trip to West Texas was a good one. So where did yall end up eating?