PDA

View Full Version : speaking of bees....sad story

BuffyMars
03-28-2008, 03:57 PM
i am prepared to get laughed at....but i have to share my story.

1st off let me start off by saying that i have never been stung by a bee. so i could be deathly allergic and never know.

well yesterday after work i was sitting by my car and a bee flew on my bare arm. well my philosophy has always been if you just stay still they will not bother you.....henceforth why i have never been stung.

so i let this bee just crawl around on my arm for a few minutes, all the while staying still. i just kept my eye on it to make sure it wasn't interested in stinging me.

well it wasn't leaving....so i thought to myself, "i have somehow got to get this thing off of me."

so after i had let it just crawl on me for all those minutes, i brushed it off, and instinctively, when it hit the ground i squished it. :weeping: :crying: :weeping:

I NEVER EVER KILL BUGS! EVVVVVVER! i even captured a black widow in my house, and took it across the street because i couldnt hurt it.

i felt so guilty about it! i was depressed the whole way home from work.

kepdawg
03-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd hate to be your across the street neighbor!

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 04:01 PM
LOL!!! That is SO Crystal!!

I was spray painting a shelf a couple of days ago and noticed I had painted a little spider.

The more I tried to save it, the more paint it got into and the harder it stuck...I finally just had to squish it.

I guess I was talking out loud, because my husband came out of his storage building and asked me, "did you just apologize to that spider?":blush: :blush:

I know how you feel though!:p

BuffyMars
03-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I'd hate to be your across the street neighbor!

its funny you should mention that. we just got neighbors over there about a week ago. :thinking:

BuffyMars
03-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!!! That is SO Crystal!!

I was spray painting a shelf a couple of days ago and noticed I had painted a little spider.

The more I tried to save it, the more paint it got into and the harder it stuck...I finally just had to squish it.

I guess I was talking out loud, because my husband came out of his storage building and asked me, "did you just apologize to that spider?":blush: :blush:

I know how you feel though!:p

awwwwwwww! poor baby spider! i know, i am such a softie. :hairpunk:

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I spent most of my life terrified of being stung. My mom always
told me I was allergic to bee stings.

Well about five years ago I was stung twice on the hand. I'm
thinking....

1. OUCH!

and

2. Great now I'm going to die.:eek:

After a few minutes...nothing. After a few more minutes...nothing.:confused:

I call my mom and tell her "You've told me my entire life that I
was allergic to bee stings". She's says "Well, you were stung
on the leg when you were two years old and it really swelled up.
So, I thought you were.:doh: :mad:

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I spent most of my life terrified of being stung. My mom always
told me I was allergic to bee stings.

Well about five years ago I was stung twice on the hand. I'm
thinking....

1. OUCH!

and

2. Great now I'm going to die.:eek:

After a few minutes...nothing. After a few more minutes...nothing.:confused:

I call my mom and tell her "You've told me my entire life that I
was allergic to bee stings". She's says "Well, you were stung
on the leg when you were two years old and it really swelled up.
So, I thought you were.:doh: :mad:

LOL

I've never been stung, but am worried that I might be highly allergic...I'm allergic to ant bites. When I get bit, it swells up bigger than the size of a quarter, so I've always been worried about what would happen if I were to ever get stung.

coach
03-28-2008, 05:17 PM
a few years ago i was putting up a door on an old cabin out at a lake that was kinda like a getaway house for a retired couple so they hardly stay there. Since noone is ever around the house was infested with wasps....we went around the whole house and use about 5 cans of wasp spray and we tought we got all of them well we missed one....I was up on this porch about 25ft of the ground that had several steps leading from the bank of the lake up to the house...anyways i was holding this door frame and i took one step back(and the roof was only about 7ft tall) and my head hit something and i turned around and saw about 20 red wasps coming at me..i got stung several times and i had no choice but to run amd jump..needless to say i cleared all the steps landed on my feet and while i was in the air i managed to take off my shirt lol and finally swat away all the wasps...i ended up with a total of 22 stings...the funny thing was my grandpa was right next to me and was screaming and yelling at me that he got stung by two wasps

Matthew328
03-28-2008, 07:01 PM
LOL I love the foam wasp spray....works great

DU_stud04
03-28-2008, 09:03 PM
i stung a bee once. he deserved it. :)

loboes86
03-28-2008, 09:09 PM
A lot of people that are allergic to penicillen are allergic to bee stings. My dad was a honeybee keeper from the time I was about 10 till way after I left home. Could always count on being stung at least a couple times a summer. Funny thing bees always got pissed off when you robbed the honey.:)

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
A lot of people that are allergic to penicillen are allergic to bee stings. My dad was a honeybee keeper from the time I was about 10 till way after I left home. Could always count on being stung at least a couple times a summer. Funny thing bees always got pissed off when you robbed the honey.:)

I'm allergic to penicillin, but don't guess I have ever been stung by a bee, so I have no clue if I am allergic to them or not!

pirate4state
03-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm allergic to penicillin, but don't guess I have ever been stung by a bee, so I have no clue if I am allergic to them or not! Me too :eek: :eek: and being ME I am terrified of bees --- how ironic --- Queen Bee afraid of bees --- LMAO

kepdawg
03-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Me too :eek: :eek: and being ME I am terrified of bees --- how ironic --- Queen Bee afraid of bees --- LMAO

You're Queen Bee! :confused:

pirate4state
03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You're Queen Bee! :confused:

It was news to me too. I always thought Deb was the queen bee. :D

zebrablue2
03-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
awwwwwwww! poor baby spider! i know, i am such a softie. :hairpunk:

I show no mercy on spiders. as long as they are outside, no problem. but get into the house and---squish-squash-- as quick as I see them... spider bites can be really bad...