PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden

kepdawg
03-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Blazers admonish Oden after hearing he played in pick-up games

ESPN.com news services

Updated: March 28, 2008, 11:49 AM ET

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers rookie Greg Oden participated in a pick-up basketball game at a fitness facility in Tualatin, Ore., on Wednesday night, the Oregonian reported.

"We heard about that, and I talked to him today," coach Nate McMillan said. "I let him know he can't do that."

Oden is in the sixth month of his rehabilitation from microfracture surgery on his right knee. He is on schedule to return in time for training camp in October. Oden has been cleared to participate in light drills at practice and the team wants to control his running and jumping.

"I know he is excited to be moving again, but as I talked to him about it he said 'Coach, I promise I wasn't running hard ...'. And I was like -- 'I really don't care',"' McMillan said. "The thing is, we were surprised. So we let him know that he doesn't need to be there. We have plenty of workout equipment and gym space at our facility."

After Oden took part in two pickup games Wednesday night, one of the participants went home and posted an account on the Internet. By Thursday morning, word had gotten back to the Blazers, who were in Oakland, Calif., for a game against Golden State. McMillan said he then called Oden.

"Right now, these young guys don't know their value," McMillan said. "That's part of growing up and maturing. In a couple of years he will understand how stupid that was. I understand it, because I've done it.''

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3316689)

Old Tiger
03-28-2008, 01:53 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Does anyone remember what NFL player it was that blew out
his knee playing beach volleyball at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii?

Old Tiger
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
his knee playing beach volleyball at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii? Not sure but the other day they reported Brandon Marshall(WR from Denver) was wrestling with his family and tore every muscle in his forearm when he slipped on a bag(reportedly).

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Not sure but the other day they reported Brandon Marshall(WR from Denver) was wrestling with his family and tore every muscle in his forearm when he slipped on a bag(reportedly).

:doh:

kepdawg
03-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
his knee playing beach volleyball at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii?

The internet says Robert Edwards, RB for the Patriots, in 1999.

coach
03-28-2008, 02:08 PM
i thought it was a wr who tore his knee up in a vb game but im prob wrong and also to the guy that slipped on a bag they claimed it was a golden arches bag lol

kepdawg
03-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by coach
i thought it was a wr who tore his knee up in a vb game but im prob wrong and also to the guy that slipped on a bag they claimed it was a golden arches bag lol

I had never heard the story, but Edwards is what I could find on the internet.

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The internet says Robert Edwards, RB for the Patriots, in 1999.

Now that I read the name that sounds right. I was thinking it was a 2nd or 3rd WR.:doh: