PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Area Golfers

injuredinmelee
03-28-2008, 10:34 AM
I heard that part of the course at Hawley burned this week in a grass fire?

Texasfootball2
03-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I heard that part of the course at Hawley burned this week in a grass fire?

It will just come back greener!:D

injuredinmelee
03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
but only if he can afford to water it.

Adidas410s
03-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Hopefully it was the back 9. Maybe they'll decide to rebuild it to where the fairways are a bit more realistic. 20-25 yd fairways that are full of overhanging oaks and mesquites is pretty ridiculous.

injuredinmelee
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Hopefully it was the back 9. Maybe they'll decide to rebuild it to where the fairways are a bit more realistic. 20-25 yd fairways that are full of overhanging oaks and mesquites is pretty ridiculous.

during development everything was gonna be big scale except the budget.

STANG RED
03-28-2008, 11:11 AM

Very true. I love that course but those back nine fairways gave me fits. Might as well leave the driver in the bag. And the shinry (sp?) and scrub brush was so dang thick, if you did hit out of the fairway it was nearly impossible to even find your ball, much less think about hitting it again. A fire burning some of that stuff off would be the best thing to ever happen to that course. None the less, I always enjoyed playing out there. Been a couple years since I have been though.

nobogey72
03-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Supposedly they have like 5 or 6 water wells on that course, and water has never been an object. I've played through high winds, rain, sleet, light snow, and with my wife chewing my arse out every step of the way. But, I can't say i have ever played through a fire. I'm thinking that would really make it hard to concentrate. Probably have to quit and go home and take a nap. Or, knock me off a little, and then take a nap. Naw, probably just take a nap.:( :(

injuredinmelee
03-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Supposedly they have like 5 or 6 water wells on that course, and water has never been an object. I've played through high winds, rain, sleet, light snow, and with my wife chewing my arse out every step of the way. But, I can't say i have ever played through a fire. I'm thinking that would really make it hard to concentrate. Probably have to quit and go home and take a nap. Or, knock me off a little, and then take a nap. Naw, probably just take a nap.:( :(

T. Hamilton would play he aint scared. I reckon he will be playing on the day of his funeral.

Adidas410s
03-29-2008, 10:45 AM
maybe just maybe this will finally be the year of the downlow golf outing. We now have ANOTHER regular in nobogey that's a golfer in our DFW-Abilene (and a little beyond) corridor

STANG RED
03-29-2008, 03:50 PM
maybe just maybe this will finally be the year of the downlow golf outing. We now have ANOTHER regular in nobogey that's a golfer in our DFW-Abilene (and a little beyond) corridor

Yep, we always talk about it, but never get it done. Other golfers in this area I know of on here are DaHop, big ron, Du_Stud and I'm sure there are others. Texasfootball2 is probably a golfer also.
We seriously need to get this done this summer. I bet if we ever do it once, we'll make an effort to do it again and again.

nobogey72
03-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yep, we always talk about it, but never get it done. Other golfers in this area I know of on here are DaHop, big ron, Du_Stud and I'm sure there are others. Texasfootball2 is probably a golfer also.
We seriously need to get this done this summer. I bet if we ever do it once, we'll make an effort to do it again and again.

I'm in and TF2 is in. Let's do it. Adidas you take charge.:)

STANG RED
03-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I'll get the cobwebs and dirt dobber clods knocked off my clubs and I'll be ready to go.
As funny as that may sound, I have actually had to do that before. My buddys at the golf course had a real good laugh about it one time, when I really was having to do that. Now I make sure and check them before I go.