PDA

View Full Version : Texas Wins 2nd in NACDA Director's Cup Scoring in 2003!

Phil C
06-27-2003, 03:10 PM
The University of Texas got second place in the NACDA Director's Cup which awards points on how teams do in all sports. This is the second year in a row that Texas has got second place. Stanford won first place but the Texas 2nd place finish is kind of a moral victory considering that Texas does not field teams in 12 of the 32 sports. Stanford also competes in men and women's gymnastics, lacrosse, fencing, field hockey, men's soccer (sorry sinton66) and volleyball, water polo, and sailing. Also wresling is including. There is no doubt if they had just based it on the 22 teams Texas has that Texas would have been very far of the pack. It fact it is amazing that they did as good as they did. A remarkable program at UT.

St. Ivender
06-27-2003, 04:14 PM
That is a great accomplishment. If only they could get over the hump in football! They need a little luck there. HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

PhiI C
06-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Actually Texas was voted No. 1 last fall by Sports Illustrated as the No. 1 Sports School. I would give SI more credibility than NACDA but that is just my opinion.

sinton66
06-29-2003, 10:04 AM
I think UT has put on a concerted effort over the last ten years to build a quality program in athletics. They have made tremendous progress since the days when Texas atheletes would venture out of state to find quality programs to compete in. Those days are pretty much gone. I hope they stay gone.