PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Trade Imminenet

piratebg
03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
He could be with the Boys as soon as this weekend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Pacman-cleared-to-seek-trade-Dallas-deal-immine?urn=nfl,73924

piratebg
03-28-2008, 07:53 AM
SI is reporting the Cowboys are going to trade a 7th RD pick and one player(unknown who) for Jones.

charlesrixey
03-28-2008, 08:09 AM
good trade

by the time he makes it back to the league, he will be too afraid to do anything but practice

i think Goodell wants him in Dallas anyway--don't ask me why

I_DONT_CARE
03-28-2008, 08:22 AM
HOW HAS THIS LOSER ESCAPED DOING SERIOUS JAIL TIME? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GreenMonster
03-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
HOW HAS THIS LOSER ESCAPED DOING SERIOUS JAIL TIME? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Why do you care?

Adidas410s
03-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Why do you care?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I_DONT_CARE
03-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Why do you care?

Originally posted by Adidas410s
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I CERTAINLY HOPE NEITHER OF YOU HAS SONS THAT LOOKS UP TO THIS TYPE PERSON. OF COURSE, AS IS TYPICAL OF 'BOYS FANS: "IT'S OKAY AS LONG AS IT'S 'OUR' TEAM". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
03-28-2008, 10:25 AM
I CERTAINLY HOPE NEITHER OF YOU HAS SONS THAT LOOKS UP TO THIS TYPE PERSON. OF COURSE, AS IS TYPICAL OF 'BOYS FANS: "IT'S OKAY AS LONG AS IT'S 'OUR' TEAM". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Again, why do you care?

Texasfootball2
03-28-2008, 10:34 AM
As an avid Cowboy fan, I will have to admit. At first I was say "No way". But if they only have to give up a 7th round pick and one player(as long as it not a front line player, example: Patrick Crayton or someone like that), I all for it. The guy can flat play and there is nobody in the draft like him. If Owens can keep his nose clean for a whole year, surely Pacman can do the same.

On the other hand, or scary side for some of us. While were on the subject, I hear on a sports talk show that Jerry Jones has also contact the Bengals about aquiring Chad Johnson. Thoughts on this one:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Has Roger Goodell even reinstated him yet? :confused: :confused:

Rocket Dad
03-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Whether it's pro ball or little league - bad seeds will spread and grow. I hope the Cowboys continue their current streak of no playoff wins with the people they are hiring.

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I wonder if Jerry plans on asking this guy to be Jones' mentor?:thinking: :devil:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/2000_dallas.jpg

eagles_victory
03-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
(as long as it not a front line player, example: Patrick Crayton or someone like that), I all for it. When did Patrick Crayton become a front line player?

Macarthur
03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
As an avid Cowboy fan, I will have to admit. At first I was say "No way". But if they only have to give up a 7th round pick and one player(as long as it not a front line player, example: Patrick Crayton or someone like that), I all for it. The guy can flat play and there is nobody in the draft like him. If Owens can keep his nose clean for a whole year, surely Pacman can do the same.

On the other hand, or scary side for some of us. While were on the subject, I hear on a sports talk show that Jerry Jones has also contact the Bengals about aquiring Chad Johnson. Thoughts on this one:thinking:

Being fair to TO, TO's problems were nothing like Pacman's. TO is a knuklehead and can rub teammates the wrong way, but he is not a criminal.

I think it's really unfair to lump he and TO together. TO from the standpoint of the community/charity is a good guy.

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
When did Patrick Crayton become a front line player?

I think he was referencing the fact that Crayton started almost every game last year, and did have an impact. There are a few guys under contract with the Cowboys who literally did nothing last year...that's the kind of guy I'm hoping gets traded.

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I CERTAINLY HOPE NEITHER OF YOU HAS SONS THAT LOOKS UP TO THIS TYPE PERSON. OF COURSE, AS IS TYPICAL OF 'BOYS FANS: "IT'S OKAY AS LONG AS IT'S 'OUR' TEAM". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I want my kids to look up to people who use good grammar, but luckily, I doesn't "has" a son right now. :rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
03-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
When did Patrick Crayton become a front line player?

I consider any quality starter who is not a Pro Bowl player a frontline player, and Crayton is also a dependable and decent punt returner when asked to. Crayton is also yound with lots of upside. On the other hand I would not consider backup TE Fasano, or Sam Hurd frontline players.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they were to trade Roy Williams, even though he is probably considered a frontline player. Although, I would rather they trade him for someone like Chad Johnson than Pacman. At least Johnson shows up, plays hard, and stays out of "legal" trouble.

Texasfootball2
03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Being fair to TO, TO's problems were nothing like Pacman's. TO is a knuklehead and can rub teammates the wrong way, but he is not a criminal.

I think it's really unfair to lump he and TO together. TO from the standpoint of the community/charity is a good guy.

Wasn't intending on lumping TO with Pacman. Just making a reference( bad analigy I guess, sorry). I'm a TO fan as of late.

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I guess I suck at trying to piss Cowboy fans off.:bigcry:

:D

Panther One
03-28-2008, 11:30 AM
It's going to be raining in Dallas soon...

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I guess I suck at trying to piss Cowboy fans off.:bigcry:

:D

Fans of teams with John Kitna as their starting QB should have all potential smack-talking privileges revoked indefinitely...

I'm just sayin'...:devil: :p

I_DONT_CARE
03-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I want my kids to look up to people who use good grammar, but luckily, I doesn't "has" a son right now. :rolleyes:
WELL, I'M GLAD TO SEE THE GRAMMAR POLICE ARE OUT TODAY. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I_DONT_CARE
03-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Again, why do you care?
I WASN'T AWARE THAT CARING WAS A PREREQUISITE FOR HAVING AN OPINION. :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Fans of teams with John Kitna as their starting QB should have all potential smack-talking privileges revoked indefinitely...

I'm just sayin'...:devil: :p

There are rumors that he's said "I think we can win ten games
in 2008.":doh:

Yeah, if Drew Stanton is our starting QB.:D

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
WELL, I'M GLAD TO SEE THE GRAMMAR POLICE ARE OUT TODAY. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good to see that you're pleased, 44! :)

Buccaneer
03-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Has Roger Goodell even reinstated him yet? :confused: :confused:

No

Old Tiger
03-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Good to see that you're pleased, 44! :) I think you're far from the truth.

pirate4state
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM
I didn't like this at first, but ultimately Jerry is always gonna do what Jerry wants to do.

Hopefully he can see the light and grow up and quit making bad decisions. (Pacman, not Jerry :D)

This guy is electric and if he can settle down I'm all for him suiting up in the fall. :)

Originally posted by I_DON'T_CARE

blah, blah, blah :bigcry: :bigcry: don't act like other teams don't have problems with "problem children" and i would hope anyone with children would actually talk to their kids and not allow ANY sports figure to be someone to "look up to" :rolleyes:

I_DONT_CARE
03-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
blah, blah, blah :bigcry: :bigcry: don't act like other teams don't have problems with "problem children" and i would hope anyone with children would actually talk to their kids and not allow ANY sports figure to be someone to "look up to" :rolleyes:
PLENTY OF PROBLEM CHILDREN, WHICH IS WHY I SAID "THIS TYPE OF PERSON". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AND I WOULD HOPE PARENTS WOULD AS WELL. WHETHER OR NOT THE CHILDREN LISTEN AND COMPREHEND IS ANOTHER STORY.

jrhernandez7
03-28-2008, 05:19 PM
this is by far a steal if the cowboys can get him on that deal.......he is a game breaker....just seems the ball seems to find him. he is a super smart corner...he knows what the reciver is gona do before they do it.....and well give dallas a great punt returner, like devon hester or better great. last great punt returner dallas had was dieon sanders...and i think there was contreversy when he became a cowboy and look at the rings he brought in.

Necks_Fan
03-29-2008, 07:31 AM
No doubt he is a great player and a game changer, but what will he be like after missing better than a year and is he worth it to the cowboys?

If he comes in and plays like TO did and keeps his mouth shut and plays good football and keeps himself out of trouble then it will go down as a great trade in cowboys history, but if he comes in and plays and screws up again, you can always cut him.

Macarthur
03-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
this is by far a steal if the cowboys can get him on that deal.......he is a game breaker....just seems the ball seems to find him. he is a super smart corner...he knows what the reciver is gona do before they do it.....and well give dallas a great punt returner, like devon hester or better great. last great punt returner dallas had was dieon sanders...and i think there was contreversy when he became a cowboy and look at the rings he brought in.

He's a very good PR, but I don't think he's quite in Hester's category.

Keep in mind, Hester is on pace to shatter all kinds of NFL records for a return man. What Hester is doing has never before been seen in this league.