PDA

View Full Version : Did this really happen?

kepdawg
03-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Mavs scored 70 points in the 1st half and 35 points in the 2nd half?

DU_stud04
03-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Mavs scored 70 points in the 1st half and 35 points in the 2nd half? hahahaha, yea. heard avery only played the first half, thats why they did so bad second half.

Adidas410s
03-28-2008, 12:04 AM
This is good...maybe the Mavs can get in the lottery now.

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
This is good...maybe the Mavs can get in the lottery now.

The Mavs getting in the lottery this year would be a bad thing, not a good thng

charlesrixey
03-28-2008, 08:14 AM
the mavs won't be in the lottery

there are twelve (or so) teams just in the eastern conference with a worse record than the mavericks, who have the tenth or eleventh best record overall. The fact that no one in the top 9 in the west is seperated by much tells me that maybe the mavs don't completely suck (althought they are certainly in a downturn) and there is just a lot more balance this year. Any one of those nine teams could get hot in the playoffs (including the mavs) and win the west. I still wholeheartedly believe that in the post season the celtics and/or pistons will win two or less in the finals to whomever makes it

I_DONT_CARE
03-28-2008, 09:01 AM
WHO CARES? :rolleyes:

jlg043
03-28-2008, 09:54 AM
records dont matter wants the playoffs start... w/ the mavs having the season the have had they me surprise some ppl in the playoffs... at least they arent the best and lose the first round this time! but me personally im a rockets fan...

BreckTxLonghorn
03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The Mavs getting in the lottery this year would be a bad thing, not a good thng

Not necessarily. Yes, it would suck that the Mavs missed the playoffs. But, the first round pick that we gave to the Nets in the upcoming draft for Kidd is lottery protected, so it becomes one less player we gave up for Kidd.

crzyjournalist03
03-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Not necessarily. Yes, it would suck that the Mavs missed the playoffs. But, the first round pick that we gave to the Nets in the upcoming draft for Kidd is lottery protected, so it becomes one less player we gave up for Kidd.

wouldn't it actually just delay the fofeiting of the pick for a year?

BreckTxLonghorn
03-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
wouldn't it actually just delay the fofeiting of the pick for a year?

Not 100%, but I don't think so due to them ALSO getting the next year's 1st rounder. Sometimes that 'if/then' statement is added, but I don't think it was because, seriously, how many people saw the Mavs missing the playoffs two months ago?

Once again, I'm not fully sure on whether that's correct on the delay; anyone who can correct me, please do:).

cats 2008
09-26-2008, 01:30 PM
go mavs

forum_guy
09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
go lakers