2:11

nobogey72
03-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
2:11

won the race? :confused:

nobogey72
03-28-2008, 07:08 AM
So, 2:05 by a 7th grader would at least be good enough maybe to put in a thread?:thinking:

Lion_Addict
03-28-2008, 08:23 AM
nobogey......my son (7th grader) has a track meet there in Wylie tomorrow. You gonna be around anywhere?

nobogey72
03-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
nobogey......my son (7th grader) has a track meet there in Wylie tomorrow. You gonna be around anywhere?

Yeah, I'll be around somewhere. Is there prelims or just finals and what time, if you know?

Lion_Addict
03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
You know, I'm not even sure. He told me the bus is supposed to be there at the stadium by 7:45 am. I just know his event isn't until 11:00 (triple jump).

Texasfootball2
03-28-2008, 08:41 AM
You know, I'm not even sure. He told me the bus is supposed to be there at the stadium by 7:45 am. I just know his event isn't until 11:00 (triple jump).
Hey Lion_Addict, come by sometime tomarrow and introduce yourself to me. I'll be one of the guys cooking the 500+ hamburgers down by the concession stand. I will be there most of the day except between 10:00 and 11:30.

Lion_Addict
03-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Hey Lion_Addict, come by sometime tomarrow and introduce yourself to me. I'll be one of the guys cooking the 500+ hamburgers down by the concession stand. I will be there most of the day except between 10:00 and 11:30.

I will get by there and ask for "Texasfootball2". See ya there.

Ranger Mom
03-28-2008, 09:30 AM
I will get by there and ask for "Texasfootball2". See ya there.

Haha!! That reminds me of when I had been on this board for about a year.

I had met a poster "Callendraise" from Ballinger when we played for State.

The next season, the Greenwood freshman and JV played in Ballinger and went over to see my son play.

I was sitting in the stands when all the sudden I hear a man saying, "Does anyone know a "Ranger Mom?"....it was that same poster that I had met a year earlier in Waco!!!:D :D

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Haha!! That reminds me of when I had been on this board for about a year.

I had met a poster "Callendraise" from Ballinger when we played for State.

The next season, the Greenwood freshman and JV played in Ballinger and went over to see my son play.

I was sitting in the stands when all the sudden I hear a man saying, "Does anyone know a "Ranger Mom?"....it was that same poster that I had met a year earlier in Waco!!!:D :D

That reminds me of the Snyder/Vernon playoff game last year.
I see a woman with long blonde hair and a POWDER BLUE wind
breaker on as I'm walking toward the concession stands. I say
"Ranger Mom?". The woman keeps walking. I say "RANGER MOM?".
The woman keeps walking. I'm thinking okay...:confused:

Well, when halftime rolls around and I go to the M&G spot, I
realize that woman I saw earlier was definitely not RM.:doh: :D

44INAROW
03-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I'll be doing the same thing in Cuero....... (well, I won't be cooking but putting them together) I plan on getting a REAL good night's sleep.......... :p

Lion_Addict
03-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I really look forward to meeting as many of you guys/gals as possible. Note.....just look for a blonde hair blue eyed ugly dude wearing a Brownwood cap on backwards (I try to be as cool as possible, even though it don't work :D ).

kepdawg
03-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
won the race? :confused:

Yep! But the wind was terrible! And the best runner there doesn't run the 800. He could probably do better than that!

BobcatBenny
03-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
So, 2:05 by a 7th grader would at least be good enough maybe to put in a thread?:thinking:
No, but 2:11 winning a varsity 800m race would be an interesting discussion. :D

slingshot
03-28-2008, 04:04 PM
nobogey......my son (7th grader) has a track meet there in Wylie tomorrow. You gonna be around anywhere? I'll be there... Look for my purple cap. :D

BobcatBenny
03-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Yep! But the wind was terrible! And the best runner there doesn't run the 800. He could probably do better than that!
Tracks are a full 360 degrees. Swirling winds (a tornado :))?

But . . . these types of 800m races probably just serve to show how difficult that race is.

Nobody really likes to run the 800m. It takes a special breed. Send in the second team offense! ;)

kepdawg
03-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Tracks are a full 360 degrees. Swirling winds (a tornado :))?

But . . . these types of 800m races probably just serve to show how difficult that race is.

Nobody really likes to run the 800m. It takes a special breed. Send in the second team offense! ;)

Benny I know you are not stupid enough to think wind is not a factor.

BobcatBenny
03-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Benny I know you are not stupid enough to think wind is not a factor.
No, wind is a factor.

For the 400m + wind is a factor, but much less of a factor than people should give it credit. IMO

It ends up more of a mental issue. It will throw many a kid off of his game, but you have got to be willing to adapt your race.

Good coaching helps a bit.

Now if you stand around out in the wind all day long, it will wear you out. Anyone serious about racing is gonna hunker down and keep properly hydrated until warm-ups.

I think heat is a killer.