PDA

View Full Version : Bellville & Giddings Baseball This Saturday

buff4ever
03-27-2008, 03:56 PM
What time is this game suppose to start? Are you peeps in Bellville ready for the Mighty Buffalos? We gonna bring the sticks if you know what I mean.

Time to see who takes the early lead in district with the two undefeateds playing, logic says only one can come away still so.:D :D :D :D

jlg043
03-27-2008, 03:59 PM
hey where did brock fitzhenry go to school and that moster fullback?

buff4ever
03-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
hey where did brock fitzhenry go to school and that moster fullback?

Trying hard to figure out where they ties into this thread??:D

Brock is going to Texas and the monster fullback I am assuming was the senior from last year and I am not sure he made it anywhere after some personal problems.

jlg043
03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
yea i dont care for baseball i was just wondering... its not like anyone else replied!

buff4ever
03-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by jlg043
yea i dont care for baseball i was just wondering... its not like anyone else replied!

Hey genious, if you don't care much for baseball then this thread wasn't directed at you. It was directed to my friends from bellville in fun, and I am sure that some giddings peeps will join in as well. I understand by the list on the front page that they aren't online right now, but when they are they will respond.

Go find you a thread that applies to what you care for.

buff4life
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Hey genious, if you don't care much for baseball then this thread wasn't directed at you. It was directed to my friends from bellville in fun, and I am sure that some giddings peeps will join in as well. I understand by the list on the front page that they aren't online right now, but when they are they will respond.

little buff brother calm down a little bit, he was asking a simple question no hard feelings to him...but i got money on Giddings, sticks are too hot right now to get shut down by Bellville pitching....sounds like Tallerine went 7 on Tuesday so he might not pitch Saturday but bring him on if he does...Giddings 9-6

buff4ever
03-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
little buff brother calm down a little bit, he was asking a simple question no hard feelings to him...but i got money on Giddings, sticks are too hot right now to get shut down by Bellville pitching....sounds like Tallerine went 7 on Tuesday so he might not pitch Saturday but bring him on if he does...Giddings 9-6

Note my smiley face on the first reply, then he wanted to continue to be smart about it. I think I answered his question heh?

Old Tiger
03-27-2008, 04:35 PM
giddings beats bellville

brock goes to texas

the FB goes to jail?

buff4ever
03-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
giddings beats bellville

brock goes to texas

the FB goes to jail?

Now that is respectable, you atleast touched on the game!:D :D

buff4life
03-27-2008, 05:19 PM
giddings beats bellville

brock goes to texas

the FB goes to jail?

no he didn't go to jail, unfortuantely

1 and ONLY
03-27-2008, 05:46 PM
i thought that big fullback went to kilgore junior college???
anybody know for sure

HTripleC13
03-27-2008, 06:07 PM
From what I understand, you can bring all the "sticks" in the world, because the bulls pitching will shut'em down...
Just what I heard from a local sports writer...

Buffgal
03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Giddings will have to play hard to beat Bellville at home.

Your bats will keep you in the game but the Buffs will have to score lots of runs to mentally keep the Brahmas out of this one and mentally keep yourselves in it. Smile at 'em and send it back, Keep pounding away every inning and take nothing for granted until the last out. It will take a 110% effort from everyone to keep winning, no matter who you face. (Just ask Navasota about Smithville) You can never let up.

The Buffs definitely have a very young team but I have been impressed by their teamwork and their maturity at the plate. I've been waiting since most of this team was 5 yrs old for them to get in high school. It is really fun to see them coming together like I knew they would. It only took 10 years.

And to answer the question that popped up about football, the big fullback(who carried many in our district on his back) signed with Kilgore College, had some personal problems, but still went and then came back, along with another former Buff player. Have no idea if he is in school, playing somewhere else, working or having more personal problems. Haven't seen him in almost a year. Enjoyed watching him play football, wish he could persevere.

Buffgal
03-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Has Bellville and Giddings played any common opponents?

The only one I could recall from the schedule on 3abaseball was the Episcopal Knights. Giddings played them in the Sealy Tournament. Is this the same school from the Houston/Katy area?

Giddings lost to them 7-5 after a very bad first two or three innings of lots of walks and not adjusting at the plate. Finally came around late in the game but obviously, too late for a win.

Giddings has played a pretty competitive pre season. The Rockdale/Cameron tournament was a good way for this team to improve with Rockdale, Cameron, Caldwell and Waco Robinson.

As I am not familiar with any of the teams on Bellville's schedule, would a Bellville poster with any info fill us in?

giddingsblazer2
03-27-2008, 06:32 PM
can't wait til saturday....should be a great game....hope everyone's healthy on both sides

Old Tiger
03-27-2008, 06:34 PM
In baseball...

Rockdale 6 Bellville 0 - i believe

Giddings has beaten rockdale twice.

giddingsblazer2
03-27-2008, 06:36 PM
In baseball...

Rockdale 6 Bellville 0 - i believe

Giddings has beaten rockdale twice.

thats true...Rockdale over Bellville at the La Grange tourney....but heard it was a good game until like the 6th or so

XMan
03-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Bellville over the Buffs, not as close as you would think. The wind will be howling in about 30 mph, Bennett will be behind the plate with Tip Toe on the base paths. The Brahmas will throw a left and try a multitude of pick offs. With the two man crew, the balk will not be called. If Bellville gets a little first name/last name action going, they will score about 7 or 8. Buffs will make an error or two plus a wild pitch to seal the deal for the boys in red.

giddingsblazer2
03-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Bellville over the Buffs, not as close as you would think. The wind will be howling in about 30 mph, Bennett will be behind the plate with Tip Toe on the base paths. The Brahmas will throw a left and try a multitude of pick offs. With the two man crew, the balk will not be called. If Bellville gets a little first name/last name action going, they will score about 7 or 8. Buffs will make an error or two plus a wild pitch to seal the deal for the boys in red.

you obviously underestimate the buffaloes....we are darn good this year

buff4life
03-27-2008, 07:19 PM

you're right about the balk part

jlg043
03-27-2008, 07:20 PM
hey chump you were being smart first... i asked a simple question then you had to be a punk about it... so dont cry about it lil boy:D

jlg043
03-27-2008, 07:22 PM

and your so smart you cant even spell genius! Ha

bvillebrahma010
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
true about giddings being a darn good team this year, but everyone has their spots they need work. tallerine is gonna throw this saturday. he is pretty pumped and im not sure if any of you know, if tallerine gets pumped and he gets one or two thinks to go his way, he can be an extremely dangerous pitcher(hence throwing a no hitter against la grange) yes a no hitter against the la grange leps. that hasnt happened many times. im not saying he threw a perfect game because he didnt. he walked a few and there were runs scored, but he did throw a no hitter. that just shows some capability. but i do know the capability of the giddings bats. id call it the dq big game of the week if it was football season!!! bringing back old time sakes! ha

zebrablue2
03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
What time is this game suppose to start? Are you peeps in Bellville ready for the Mighty Buffalos? We gonna bring the sticks if you know what I mean.

Time to see who takes the early lead in district with the two undefeateds playing, logic says only one can come away still so.:D :D :D :D

LOL, what a great build-up quote to a baseball game. You make it sound like the world series. Bellville 4-3 over Giddings. I will be in Giddings on Sat. See ya'll buff's then...

PS: Bringing the sticks and using them are two different things, LOL...

buff4life
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
LOL, what a great build-up quote to a baseball game. You make it sound like the world series. Bellville 4-3 over Giddings. I will be in Giddings on Sat. See ya'll buff's then...

PS: Bringing the sticks and using them are two different things, LOL...

you doing the softball game or what may you be doing in our stellar town

giddingsblazer2
03-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
true about giddings being a darn good team this year, but everyone has their spots they need work. tallerine is gonna throw this saturday. he is pretty pumped and im not sure if any of you know, if tallerine gets pumped and he gets one or two thinks to go his way, he can be an extremely dangerous pitcher(hence throwing a no hitter against la grange) yes a no hitter against the la grange leps. that hasnt happened many times. im not saying he threw a perfect game because he didnt. he walked a few and there were runs scored, but he did throw a no hitter. that just shows some capability. but i do know the capability of the giddings bats. id call it the dq big game of the week if it was football season!!! bringing back old time sakes! ha

i play select ball with joe...and your right if he gets pumped he can be dangerous...but he does tend to let his emotions dictate his performance....if he gets a couple of calls that don't go his way then he may fall apart....not taking anything away from joe...him and i get along great....i just know how he can get....

Bull19
03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
buff4ever. i talked to a local genius today and he predicted a bellville win. the tall lefty WILL shut down those "sticks" from giddings. trust me on this one. ;)

Bull19
03-27-2008, 10:11 PM

srry but i dsont see tallerine throwing sat. cerny will give him a break. all that matters in bellville is a playoofs spot and i dont see cerny throwing him 2 or 3 games in a row. i have a feeling mueller will get the rock. maybe joe will come in relief if needed, but hopefully he wont have to.

hookandladder
03-28-2008, 06:22 AM

Not taking anything away from the Bellville pitcher, a no hitter is a no hitter. No Matter who you are playing however La Grange does not have a very good hitting team this year, Giddings on the other hand has some quailty hitters in their lineup. So if the Bellville pitcher can throw a no hitter or even a 1 or 2 hitter against then that would be some quailty pitching. If Giddings pitching and defense holds up I would say Giddings takes this one, Bellville's hitting is just not very good throughout the lineup.

Brahma84
03-28-2008, 07:01 AM
I don't think that Cerny will throw Tallerine against Giddings on Sat. I'm sure that Tallerine wants the ball, but Cerny needs to give his arm a rest and get some work for our other pitchers. Cerny knows that if we make the playoffs we will need more than just Tallerine. I would expect either Mueller or Huebner to throw on Sat, neither have started in a while.

hookandladder
03-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
I don't think that Cerny will throw Tallerine against Giddings on Sat. I'm sure that Tallerine wants the ball, but Cerny needs to give his arm a rest and get some work for our other pitchers. Cerny knows that if we make the playoffs we will need more than just Tallerine. I would expect either Mueller or Huebner to throw on Sat, neither have started in a while.

Knowing Cerny I would say you are correct. Speaking of Mueller, I have not seen him pitch this year however I did see him run the bases in La Grange the other night. That big kid can move for his size, now I see why he was playing receiver or tight end in football. Good looking kid.

Bull19
03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Not taking anything away from the Bellville pitcher, a no hitter is a no hitter. No Matter who you are playing however La Grange does not have a very good hitting team this year, Giddings on the other hand has some quailty hitters in their lineup. So if the Bellville pitcher can throw a no hitter or even a 1 or 2 hitter against then that would be some quailty pitching. If Giddings pitching and defense holds up I would say Giddings takes this one, Bellville's hitting is just not very good throughout the lineup.

this is high school baseball, which means bellville should be able to scrap a few runs together. im sure giddings pitching is no where near the caliber of bellville's. if bellville scores 3 runs or more bellville will win.

buff4ever
03-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Now we're talking baseball. One of the better baseball threads on here in a while if you ask me.

BUll19, I am not calling it a giddings win yet or anything, but 3 runs will not be enough for bellville. That I am willing to say with some certainty.

Bulligator
03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I’ll throw my 2 cents in to bring it back to the top. This will either be a close 1 run game decided by an error, or a win by one team by 5 – 6 runs. Based on what I have seen reported on Bellville, I would have to favor Giddings at this point. Bellville is a young team also, starting only 2 seniors, and one is the DH. The Brahma’s weak spot this year has been hitting, with good pitching and decent fielding carrying them this far. Bellville is not a hitter’s park, and Saturday’s forecast is for the wind to be blowing in at 10 – 20 mph. From what’s been said on the thread, Giddings can really hit well, and if they keep it out of the air, it might be a long day for Bellville. However, if Bellville can scrape together 3 – 4 hits in a row with a walk or two and a hit batter, score 4 - 5 runs, I believe their pitching will decide the game and Bellville will come out on top.

buff4life
03-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Bellville has an advantage over many teams in pitching...

not because the pitchers are DI prospects and not because they're overpowering, BUT the main two or three are lefties that hit spots and with the shortage of left handers in high school pitching these days if they can just throw strikes they will get outs

not taking anything away from Bellville's pitchers but being Left handed is a HUGE advantage

buff4ever
03-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Most points I have heard of bellville scoring was tues. agains LG and LG has far worse pitching than giddings from what I have heard. We will see if bellville sticks are as weak as they seam or not.

buff4ever
03-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I think that we have learned nothing but the obvious in this thread that we all knew already.

LG sucks this year!

There are different levels of Select Ball, DUH!

And the winner of this game takes early lead and bragging rights in district FOR NOW!

AND IF YOU REALLY WANT a fourth. This game is about gidding's strength against bellville's strength; and gidding's weakness against bellville's weakness.

hookandladder
03-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Most points I have heard of bellville scoring was tues. agains LG and LG has far worse pitching than giddings from what I have heard. We will see if bellville sticks are as weak as they seam or not.

La Grange pitching is not very strong this year however Schubert who is a sophmore pitched against Bellville last Tuesday and held them down for 6 innings until the defense collapsed again. Schubert is a very good pitcher but has no defense behind him, Supak came in against Bellville in the 7 inning with 2 outs and LG down by 1 run. If our SS could have caught a routine soft liner drive, we would have been out of the inning only down 1 run. That has been the same story all year, Schubert shut down Cureo for 6 innings and same story. That's baseball.

XMan
03-28-2008, 02:48 PM
In baseball you score runs, not points. Doesnt Giddings have some football stuff to do on Sat. that would be more important than a district baseball game????

giddingsblazer2
03-28-2008, 02:55 PM
just let us play the game...let it be decided on the field...then you guys can analyze it!

buff4ever
03-28-2008, 04:10 PM
even if your post was in jest it was a bad one. tsk, tsk ~ p4s

brahmafan01
03-28-2008, 06:17 PM
The bulls are pumped for this one. As long as they play at the caliber that thay are accustomed to they will win. Go Bulls

Brahma84
03-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Bellville will not pitch Mueller. It will either be Tallerine or Huebner. Huebner usually comes on in relief, but can go as a starter.

buff4ever
03-29-2008, 12:42 AM
I apologize for my post earlier, it was obviously a joke, but understandably cannot be posted either way.

My point was that I had a gut feeling that mueller wouldn't be pitching this game, call it a hunch.

I look for it to be a great game, if the buffs or the bulls aren't up for this game then they should be running track.

buff4life
03-29-2008, 02:54 PM
I apologize for my post earlier, it was obviously a joke, but understandably cannot be posted either way.

My point was that I had a gut feeling that mueller wouldn't be pitching this game, call it a hunch.

I look for it to be a great game, if the buffs or the bulls aren't up for this game then they should be running track.

for shame buff for shame...don't remember reading the post and it being bad but rita said so....

zebrablue2
03-29-2008, 06:35 PM
for shame buff for shame...don't remember reading the post and it being bad but rita said so....

Bellville wins this game 6-4 I believe was the final. Way to go Brahmas.. Came from behind after being down 4-1. Good win..

Brahma84
03-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Huebner got the start for Bellville. He was a little rattled in the 1st giving up 4 runs on 2 or 3 walks and 4 Giddings hits. After the 1st he settled down, giving up only one hit over the next 5 innings. Tallerine came in to pitch the 7th. Hackemack had a two out, 2 RBI single in the bottom of the 6th to put the Bulls up to stay. For the game Bellville had 9 hits to Giddings 5.

Giddings- 4-0-0-0-0-0-0
Bellville-- 1-0-0-0-1-4-x

WP Huebner

Reds fan
03-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Good job Bulls!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Are you peeps in Bellville ready for the Mighty Buffalos? We gonna bring the sticks if you know what I mean.

so.:D :D :D :D

Bellville pitched their 3rd pitcher, what happened to #2 Mueller? Why didnt he start vs Giddings?

Bull's-eye
03-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville pitched their 3rd pitcher, what happened to #2 Mueller? Why didnt he start vs Giddings?

I heard he had a sore arm. :(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I heard he had a sore arm. :(

Sore arm? He haddent pitched in a week, why would his arm be sore?

Brahma84
03-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Spring football, he's also one of the QB's. He threw in a controlled scrimmage in baseball practice one day, then the next day he threw a little too much @ football. They took him to the Dr. and they said give him a week's rest and he should be good to go. Huebner needed some work, we will need him later.

Bull's-eye
03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Spring football, he's also one of the QB's. He threw in a controlled scrimmage in baseball practice one day, then the next day he threw a little too much @ football.

:confused: Not sure why the scheduled starting pitcher would be throwing footballs before a key district game?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Spring football, he's also one of the QB's. He threw in a controlled scrimmage in baseball practice one day, then the next day he threw a little too much @ football.

Spring football takes presidence over Baseball? You would think if a team was in the running for a Baseball district lead you would not hurt the teams chances by having one of your best pitchers throw a little too much football a few days before he was scheduled to pitch?

LH Panther Mom
03-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Spring football takes presidence over Baseball? You would think if a team was in the running for a Baseball district lead you would not hurt the teams chances by having one of your best pitchers throw a little too much football a few days before he was scheduled to pitch?
I guess that shows how much I know. I wasn't aware there was such a thing as spring football at the 3A-under high school level. :confused:

NastySlot
03-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I guess that shows how much I know. I wasn't aware there was such a thing as spring football at the 3A-under high school level. :confused:

there isn't the way it is done in 5a/4a.....no after school(formal) practice....probably during the period....or like some schools 7 v7 (b-team track practice).

XMan
03-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I could really get on my soap box on this one. This is so unfair to not only the player with the sore arm, but also to his teammates, coaches and the fans of Brahma baseball. It just isnt right to say one sport is more important than another in this manner. There is no way in hell that any baseball/football player would be doing baseball activities during the athletic period in the fall. If they did do this, I would have no problem w/ the football in the spring. People would be so surprised how the level of play would improve if the players just had the chance to get better. When are these baseball players supposed to get better??? If an athlete chooses to play football, then the only chance at getting better in baseball is after baseball season actually starts, and only after school. Fall is for football, then soon as that is over, the guys have to go to football offseason. Then there is power lifting. (which isnt sanctioned by the UIL) Summer used to be for summer baseball, but now its for 7 on 7. (another non sanctioned activity) The top programs in the state of late have offseason baseball for those that do not play football in the fall. (Jasper, Bridge City, Sinton)Barber's Hill, who is now 4a, and Lufkin Hudson, who doesnt play football. Makes those that dont have offseason baseball struggle to keep up. The great thing about small schools is that the athletes can play multiple sports. However, making some sports just an after thought is terrible. This is something that parents ought not put up with. As soon as football ends, the baseball guys should be able to meet with the baseball coach during the athletic period. At that time they could work on their skills, get in shape, and focus on the upcoming baseball season. During the actual baseball season, the baseball/football guys should not have to go to offseason football at all. The in season sport should take precedence. Those guys can still lift and get stronger on their own, but not at the expense of the inseason sport. Soon as baseball season ends, the footballers can turn their full attention to football. They will still have around 3 months to get ready. I know a lot of folks are going to rip me for this post cause 'football is king'. It may be king but you can still be fair to the kids and the coaches involved to give them their best chance at success. Lastly, in no way am I saying for athletes to quit football for baseball. The kids should get to play what they want without being punished for their choice.

my .02

allforball
03-31-2008, 08:29 AM
I could really get on my soap box on this one. This is so unfair to not only the player with the sore arm, but also to his teammates, coaches and the fans of Brahma baseball. It just isnt right to say one sport is more important than another in this manner. There is no way in hell that any baseball/football player would be doing baseball activities during the athletic period in the fall. If they did do this, I would have no problem w/ the football in the spring. People would be so surprised how the level of play would improve if the players just had the chance to get better. When are these baseball players supposed to get better??? If an athlete chooses to play football, then the only chance at getting better in baseball is after baseball season actually starts, and only after school. Fall is for football, then soon as that is over, the guys have to go to football offseason. Then there is power lifting. (which isnt sanctioned by the UIL) Summer used to be for summer baseball, but now its for 7 on 7. (another non sanctioned activity) The top programs in the state of late have offseason baseball for those that do not play football in the fall. (Jasper, Bridge City, Sinton)Barber's Hill, who is now 4a, and Lufkin Hudson, who doesnt play football. Makes those that dont have offseason baseball struggle to keep up. The great thing about small schools is that the athletes can play multiple sports. However, making some sports just an after thought is terrible. This is something that parents ought not put up with. As soon as football ends, the baseball guys should be able to meet with the baseball coach during the athletic period. At that time they could work on their skills, get in shape, and focus on the upcoming baseball season. During the actual baseball season, the baseball/football guys should not have to go to offseason football at all. The in season sport should take precedence. Those guys can still lift and get stronger on their own, but not at the expense of the inseason sport. Soon as baseball season ends, the footballers can turn their full attention to football. They will still have around 3 months to get ready. I know a lot of folks are going to rip me for this post cause 'football is king'. It may be king but you can still be fair to the kids and the coaches involved to give them their best chance at success. Lastly, in no way am I saying for athletes to quit football for baseball. The kids should get to play what they want without being punished for their choice.

my .02

I agree in season sport should come first and foremost.

Daddy D 11
03-31-2008, 08:34 AM
our football players are required to lift on game days:mad: atleast last week they didnt have to, but if we lose a game then they are going back to having to lift on game days. Looks like thy will be lifting tommorow:mad:

buff4ever
03-31-2008, 08:41 AM

my .02

Well, on this note I am sorry that the buffs couldn't help you out on this, but our bats plain and simple stunk it up. I don't know the situation you guys talk about other than it was floating around the ball park sat., and I don't know how it went down. However there is an angle that no one has discussed, and it comes up everywhere in 3a b/c kids play more than one sport but football runs the show and makes the money.

The question here is did mueller have a problem with what was going down or did he think it was fine. This doesn't make it better, but it does have and affect. Then the question is, would huey care if meuller had a problem with it.

Back to the game, giddings sticks didn't show up, and we ran out of pitching, I would have probably pulled masek 2 or 3 batters sooner, it appeared he was running out of gas. Then I think our lack of pitching would have still pulled this one out. Neither team looked all that good on sat., but both showed potential at points. Bellville doesn't have a real big threat on offense we just really helped you to the 6 runs. Giddings doesn't show a real big threat at pitching. I look for both teams to play a better game next round. Bellville will throw tallerine or mueller and giddings will hit the ball and maybe throw berry.

GOOD GAME.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 09:07 AM

my .02

ditto :clap:

Buffgal
03-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Xman post was right on. AMEN, AMEN

I have read several threads on the downlow about this same situation of offseason (get ready for football) taking away from the inseason sport. I think this is prevalent in 3A. Not enough kids to go around. I know in Brenham in the spring, you have a baseball athletic period and then after school practice. You lift weights, run, stretch, all baseball oriented. They must be doing it right, they have the record to prove it. BUT they have the numbers of kids to be able to do this. Keep in mind that 3A baseball boys (who are in the offseason athletic period and most are) have the "option" to lift on baseball game days . Check the UIL rules, it does say"option". It's not the football coaches fault and nor the kids, it's the UIL for not wording the rules correctly to protect every sport and every arm. Football does rule (the hearts and the $$$) and every redblooded Texas boy wants to be a football player. It is a very hard decision to tell your football coach that you want to be a good baseball player too, so "hey coach, i'm taking today off". Most high school kids don't have the maturity or the guts to face the possible ridicule (most of it implied) that may result in a conversation of this nature. You want to be tough and you want to "man up". This is human nature for any 16 yr old boy to want to impress and please your coach, esp your football coach.

BACK to the Giddings/Bellville game. Giddings came out like the team that they are, then decided to coast on their 4 run lead. All the aggressiveness left at the plate and our pitcher struggled with the little bitty strike zone of the umpire, walking too many. Bellville didn't, there pitching put it where they needed to. The Buffs should have had no problem at all hitting. The Giddings defense kept the score from being worse than it was (at least 3 double plays, shutting down Bellville with runners on)

As far as the Mueller arm, his Dad reported from the concession stand that he was sore from throwing too much (football and baseball together). I am taking this as truthful. However, I do know where other posts have come from, since Mueller talked a good game for football 2007 and never showed, some sickness came up.

Reds fan
03-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Very well stated Xman:clap:

trg
03-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Just want to say congratulations to the bulls. You never gave up even after those 4 runs in the first inning. Way to go!!!!

And good luck to ya'll in your games this week.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal

All the aggressiveness left at the plate and our pitcher struggled with the little bitty strike zone of the umpire, walking too many.

little bitty???? giddings pitching couldnt throw a stirke in a little league's strike zone. don't blame the umps. he had a very wide zone for both teams.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
i also wanna :clap: the bellville boys for doing a good job of opposite field hitting. they gotta keep that up if they wanna make a strong run in the playoffs this year.

buff4ever
03-31-2008, 10:32 AM
At a glance with no serious attention to the subject at the time, the zone wasn't wide. There were a lot of balls called that looked very cornerish, now maybe high/low it was open. With that said, let it be very clear that it was very fair both ways. The corners were not going to be called either way.

buff4ever
03-31-2008, 10:33 AM
The catcher is family, and he said the ump just wouldn't call the inside corner no matter how many times we or they painting it.

Buffgal
03-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Bull19, you should read the post a little closer.

I stand by the assessment of a "little bitty" strike zone. Giddings pitcher struggled with the umpire's "no corners". Like, I said Bellville pitching got it done. Umpire called it very fair both ways. Bellville pitched much better and had much better control. Be careful about saying that Giddings couldn't pitch a little league strike zone. Mr. Masek will play for the Houston Heat this summer. (not Daddy ball) Certainly a quality program that knows a thing or two about pitching. he has the skills but lacked control on Saturday. If I remember correctly, he also hit at least two batters. Probably should have pulled him earlier but the bats never helped him out.

Giddings didn't lose the game because of the calls at the plate. Read carefully. I never said that or implied it.

Bellville did a lot better job of hitting & pitching than Giddings. I restate.... The only thing that kept Giddings in the game at all was their defense.

Good luck Bulls against Caldwell. it will be a close game. Pitching is close between both teams. I give Bellville an edge on hitting. Caldwell has struggled a little with some errors. Have no opinion on Bellville defense, they didn't get to show much defense in the Giddings game. Whoever makes the plays & gets the hits, will make this win happen because, I think, the pitching is pretty even.

Giddings better get it together for Smithville as the Tigers evidently have a team this year. The Buffs better pound the ball and play 'til the last out, not letting up, IF they want this win.

Bull's-eye
03-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Early in the 6th inning, the Giddings pitchers weren't even coming close to the strike zone. The starting pitcher began to wear down and was leaving the ball up. They brought in a lefty, who they quickly pulled because he threw 3 straight pitches extremely high and very outside. Giddings pitching cost them the game, let's not blame the umps. IMO, neither team is very strong. Bellville lacks the sticks and just took advantage of some late wild pitching. Give the Bulls credit, they did get a couple timely hits and scrapped out enough runs to win the game.

Buffgal
03-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Giddings didn't lose the game because of the calls at the plate. Read carefully. I never said that or implied it.

Bellville did a lot better job of hitting & pitching than Giddings. I restate.... The only thing that kept Giddings in the game at all was their defense.

I did not blame the umpires
I did give Bellville credit.

buff4ever
03-31-2008, 12:43 PM
buffgal, I don't think these bellville boys like you much.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Be careful about saying that Giddings couldn't pitch a little league strike zone. Mr. Masek will play for the Houston Heat this summer. (not Daddy ball) Certainly a quality program that knows a thing or two about pitching. he has the skills but lacked control on Saturday. If I remember correctly, he also hit at least two batters. Probably should have pulled him earlier but the bats never helped him out.

SEEING THAT MYSELF PLAYED FOR THE HOUSTON HEAT PROGRAM WHILE I WAS IN SCHOOL I TOO KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT THEM SO DONT PREACH TO ME ABOUT SUMMER BASEBALL OR PITCHING. TRUE IT IS A VERY GOOD ORGANIZATION, BUT IT IS ALSO SOMEWHAT DADDY BALL. I HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT ONLY MADE THE TEAM BECAUSE OF A BIG WALLET, OR AN ACCOMPLISHED BROTHER. THE PITCHING I SAW FROM GIDDINGS THE OTHER NIGHT WAS VERY STEREOTYPICAL OF THE GIDDINGS PROGRAM. AVERAGE.

ONLY BRIGHT SPOT FOR GIDDINGS PITCHING IS THAT THE KID IS A SOPH. AND HAS A LITTLE BIT OF VELOCITY. BESIDES THAT, NOTHING SPECIAL. HE COULD BE REALLY GOOD THOUGH IF HE HAD SOME CONTROL.

Bull19
03-31-2008, 12:44 PM

I did not blame the umpires

WELL THEN WHY BRING THEM UP IN THE CONVERSATION?

buff4life
03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
SEEING THAT MYSELF PLAYED FOR THE HOUSTON HEAT PROGRAM WHILE I WAS IN SCHOOL I TOO KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT THEM SO DONT PREACH TO ME ABOUT SUMMER BASEBALL OR PITCHING. TRUE IT IS A VERY GOOD ORGANIZATION, BUT IT IS ALSO SOMEWHAT DADDY BALL. I HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT ONLY MADE THE TEAM BECAUSE OF A BIG WALLET, OR AN ACCOMPLISHED BROTHER. THE PITCHING I SAW FROM GIDDINGS THE OTHER NIGHT WAS VERY STEREOTYPICAL OF THE GIDDINGS PROGRAM. AVERAGE.

ONLY BRIGHT SPOT FOR GIDDINGS PITCHING IS THAT THE KID IS A SOPH. AND HAS A LITTLE BIT OF VELOCITY. BESIDES THAT, NOTHING SPECIAL. HE COULD BE REALLY GOOD THOUGH IF HE HAD SOME CONTROL.

i love the comment about stereotypical of the giddings program...really couldn't be more true

and the kids actual strong point is his control, not his velocity, he will be good his senior year

XMan
03-31-2008, 01:15 PM
I too would like to congratulate the Brahmas. Showed a lot of heart to stop the bleeding when they had given up 5 runs before recording an out. Giddings puts a few more on the board early in the game and this one is over. Brahmas showed lots of character to come back and win this one at Knight Field.
The X

buff4ever
03-31-2008, 01:15 PM
i love the comment about stereotypical of the giddings program...really couldn't be more true

and the kids actual strong point is his control, not his velocity, he will be good his senior year

He'll be a better than average pitcher for giddings next year as a junior.

Pitching is and always has been a weakness in giddings.

buff4life
03-31-2008, 04:06 PM
He'll be a better than average pitcher for giddings next year as a junior.

Pitching is and always has been a weakness in giddings.

better than average next year and once he fills out some more muscle on, he will be dominant his senior year

Bull's-eye
03-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Give credit to the Giddings starting pitcher, he pitched a good game, just simply ran out of gas. Remember, both starting pitchers had to deal with the rain delay. Bellville probably benefitted the most as their pitcher settled down from a rocky first inning. I thought Coach Cerney made a wise move to bring in Tallerine, not taking the chance that his starter could finish the game.

brahmafan01
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
buffgal I was on the football team and itkilled mueller to not play against yAll you act like he could help that he got pnomonia and was in the hospital

buff4life
04-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by brahmafan01
buffgal I was on the football team and itkilled mueller to not play against yAll you act like he could help that he got pnomonia and was in the hospital

your on the football team and your name has 01 also...

hint, use quotes so people have a clue who and what you're trying to punk

Bull's-eye
04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
your on the football team and your name has 01

:confused: :confused: You can't be on the football team and use 01??

buff4life
04-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
:confused: :confused: You can't be on the football team and use 01??

you know what I mean...when people put number like that, it USUALLY signifies year of graduation from somewhere

Brahma84
04-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Bellville 4 Caldwell 2 in 10 innings. Bellville moves to 4-0 in district, Caldwell to 2-2.